About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Monday, September 21, 2015

MONDAY #2468

One Of My Very Own…







After returning from my journeys, I've been asked if we went to Yellowstone and other popular destinations. My answer was, "We don't do tourist places."
I reminded him of the massive traffic jams and he said, "Yeah, but while you are waiting in traffic there is terrific scenery to look at." I said, "No thank you."

>
LET'S DO STUPID, AGAIN

I've often stood up (no pun intended) for the workers doing what looks like are dangerous missteps. I have had to get to places you can't get to, and I have devised ways that may look hazardous.
But the bricks have got to be the stupidest trick I've seen in a long time.

And when I came upon this I was so relieved that it wasn't in America, usually the home to such stuff.
But sometimes when it's slow at my bar a server or bartender will linger around my stool helping me do a crossword puzzle. I am amazed at some of their complete lack of knowledge on issues of basic US history. And most of those people were attending university.

>

I used to tell my daughters that every stain on the road were little kids who got run over because they didn't hold anyone's hand while crossing the street.


>
This knows how to do Halloween.

>

Crossword clue: Star trek figures: Magi


>
 She drew this.
  It depicts members of the Iranian parliament as animals. It was drawn in protest of new legislature in Iran that will restrict access to contraception and criminalize voluntary sterilization. Atena’s charges include ‘spreading propaganda against the system’ and ‘insulting members of parliament through paintings’ and members of the elite Revolutionary Guard came to Atena’s house, blindfolded her and took her to the infamous Evin Prison in Tehran.
Other cartoonists made their views known.

 I know a woman imprisoned in that same prison.

 >

>

My neighbors probably think I'm getting laid, but that is just the sounds I make whenever I take my socks off.


>
 Homicide rates in Europe and the US


>

They don't hire anyone at IKEA. People get lost there for a few years and eventually know where everything is.


>
I include this for my beekeeping nephew.

>
As is my habit, I will include any and all things dollar related.
 It asks, "Are you Misha Collins?"
Then on Misha Collins' site...

>

The check engine light could be more specific...is it 'holy shit stop the car right now' or 'proceed with caution for the next 6000 miles'?


>
 Hell, my wife could hit warp speed.

>
Yoda.

>

Once a week I had Take Your Alcohol To Work Day.


>
I will repeat, when those poor bastards are finally freed from that freak, there will be millions of people who will need intense therapy just to return them to reality. 

>
This pisses me off more than you can imagine. 

>
Mattisse.
He once did a series of lithograph prints of very quick sketches of women's faces. Well, at least they looked quick. What he would do was stack a numerous pieces of paper on the lithograph stone and start drawing the woman's face. After he finished the first one, he would throw the sheet of paper and the floor and draw the same face over again on the second piece of paper. He did this over and over again, getting faster and faster until he thought he was ready. Then he would take off all the paper and draw on the stone, letting muscle memory guide his strokes.
I love knowing things like that.

>
Million Dollar Idea:

>
 Seems to me half her education is learning responsibility, and that lays it all on her parents.

 >
I found this...exhausting.
 The only thing I can think about is all the work it took to level the land. One would think they could have found some acreage on level ground.

 >
Get it?
 Here's a hint.

>

Cops in movies keeping guard outside hospital rooms have a 0% success rate.


>
NOW LET'S DO THE NAUGHTY BITS.

Do you think this guy tries to carry on a conversation with his customers like barbers do?

Man With 19-Inch Penis Has... A 19-Inch Penis

 He's wearing a "sock" on it because otherwise it would be nasty.
And, yes, I did was the whole three minute clip. I wonder who his decorator is...Bill Murray from Caddy Shack? 

Reminds me of Paris in the summer we visited.

They were in the middle of an awful heat wave and there was no AC. We were staying in an old hotel with a small courtyard in the middle. The opposite window was like 20 feet away and it was impossible not to look down into windows.

I'm afraid to ask what she did to earn that.
I'll let this sort of speak for itself.

>

Meditation is fun when you want to do nothing for an hour but still feel a sense of accomplishment.


>

1 comment:

JimReed said...

Thanks for the honey idea. That's chunk honey, or comb honey mixed with extracted honey. But that is a clever way to have the bees do the work--naturally.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive