About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Sunday, September 20, 2015

SUNDAY #2467


One Of My Very Own…


I got an email from my new friend Carson. He's officially in the game:

Woo! Carson here again.  Today on 09/18/15 on the way to work (7:45) I found

packet NO. P74 with the 10 of clubs (original desert storm military issue),

a number 12 rummikub tile, and another folio olio dollar.  After the last
find and your reply I have been on the lookout.  I noticed the packet along
the fence line on the top of Pennington Seed's property.  My mind only
slightly registered it because I am not entirely a morning person and
slammed on brakes and reversed to retrieve.  Thanks for the continued
scavenger hunt.  I have been looking around expecting to find another packet
in a different location as well.  Gotta' keep those eyes peeled; never know
what you're gonna find.

>

I will state again that a great come-on would be for motels to advertise SUPER FAST WiFi. It took me 45 minutes to upload one post, but I did have time to talk to my wife. She seems like a nice enough person.


I just hope this all loaded....we shall see.

>
The internet is having a lot of fun with this...

>
Green Bay Packers fans are called cheeseheads, but when it comes to overeating, they definitely prefer brats. Or one bratwurst, rather, that ran the length of Lambeau Field and was nicknamed after Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler because he’s used to “getting smoked” by the Packers.

I'm an owner also. Exactly one share.

>
I don't know what to do about this problem with millions of Syrians deciding to move, but I do know it's one of the saddest things going on in the world right now.




>

Someone once told me that the reason they don't ride in cars and such is that the bible says the devil will arrive on bubbles of air or some such shite. Anybody know if something like that is true?


If it is true it means the jet skis are acceptable.

>
Pope Tennis 

>
 Now, Gentle Reader, prove me wrong.

>

Philly inmates make chair for Pope Francis.
 I am aware that I told you this next story before, but my supply is not limitless.

The Pope came to my home town and a local craftsman, a friend of mine, was asked to build the chair for the Pope to sit in. It was carved beautifully and a party was organized to celerbrate. Unbeknownst to anyone, my friend also made a matching toilet paper holder that hooked on the arm, and most people dropped their pants and got a newspaper to fake taking a shit...in...the...Pope's...chair.

>
Do some of us have a gene that insists on us being special?
This next silliness was created in the same way and using in the exact same methodology as all the world's religions.

>

If god didn’t want us to enjoy ethnic cleansing he wouldn’t have given us white people.


>

>

If you walk faster than someone you’re better than them.


>

>

There is a very thin line between reaching for the stars and just standing in you yard with your hands up.


>
 I can't remember what that was about, but it must have been a hoot.

>


JESUS: Hey check this out [turns my water into wine]
ME: Whoa!! Thanks jesus
JESUS: [grabs wine out of my hands] NO!! This is my blood now.

>
 Not to mention kangaroos and polar bears.

Further, there are grown adults who think logical observations like that are Satan's way of corrupting true believers. How convenient.

>
These are Hindu holy men who have a very close relationship with all that is holy. We know that because they told us they so.


These are Nepalese witch doctors. We know that because they told us they were.


This is a Christian faith healer, and, of course, he told us so over and over again.


This is some young religious dude enlightening his pecker over and over and over again. But it’s okay cause he chants while he does it.
Question: If you can see the silliness in the above examples, why can't you see the silliness in believing a priest has the power to send you to hell just because he told you he had that power? 

>
Evolution happens when a mutation proves useful to an organism's survival. We have evidence of it all around us, every day.
Yet there are those who can't connect the dots. 

>
A woman once told me that the above referred to a few women who were disrupting the worship services with their incessant babble. 

Yeah, right. And the part about women being kept out of the church if they were menstruating? Oh, that was the Old Testament. But the Old Testament is what Jesus believed. And if Jesus believed in something untrue, then he was fallible.

>

And, of course, it does fuck with the story. And if you are one of those people who think that you can pick and choose the parts of your holy book that you want to believe and what parts you want to chalk off as myth, then you deserve nothing but contempt. You see the illogic, yet you cling to your specialness. I pity you.


"If you start cherry-picking science, that's the beginning of the end of an informed democracy," - NdGT

>
The cruelest trick religion ever pulled on us was the demonization of human sexuality.

And those bastards got it written into laws. Read this:

A North Carolina 17-year-old caught in a sexting scandal faces charges of sexually exploiting a minor that could land him in jail for up to 10 years, since the law considers him an adult. But one of the minors he supposedly exploited is himself which raises an obvious question: how can a teen be old enough to face adult felony charges, but not old enough to keep a nude picture of himself on his phone?
Unfortunately, thats the Kafka-esque nightmare in which Fayetteville-area high schooler Cormega Copening finds himself after exchanging private nude photos with his girlfriend with whom he is legally allowed to have sex, but not to sext.

>

2 comments:

Senph42 said...

I have to agree with your comment that the "syrian" migration is one of the saddest thing right now; it's sad because no one dares to raise their voice without the fear to get labeled as racist, xenophobe etc... I guess you found those pictures of an old man and kid on some major newssite who somehow "forgot" to share the other side of the story, the peaceful, well behaving doctors, engineers and other qualified "refugees" who didn't liked the fact one country's police didn't gave a shit for their DEMANDS to let them in without any checking or control:

http://valasz.hu/data/cikk/11/5104/cikk_115104/Horgos_hatarattores.jpg
http://www.szeretlekmagyarorszag.hu/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/roszke4.jpg
http://valasz.hu/data/kepgaleria/galeria/Osszecsapas_Roszkenel/Roszke_20150916.jpg


(Just imagine what would your police or border control authority do if thousands of people appear at San Diego border, start throwing rocks at authorities, starting fires and demand you let them in without any question)

I don't want to bore you to death with the details, if you're interested, I'll write you the rest what's going on here... (this happened on one of the biggest border crossings between the European Union and the Balkans, some 35 miles from where I live)

Ralph Henry said...

My dear friend, I knew my knowledge lack was vast, and I thirst for as much as I can get. Please share anything you think I might need to know.
Why don't you use my email address at the beginning of every post...it might be less cumbersome that way.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive