About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

TUESDAY #2476


One Of My Very Own…



Here's some of the amazing photos taken last night.


 ^ Over the Washington Monument.


 ^ Subtle that.





This is what the wife and I saw...

>

Banksy's brilliant piss-take on theme-parks has run its course and will now be dismantled, shipped to Calais and turned into temporary shelters for the refugees massed there.


It's an inspired gesture, one that provides badly needed humanitarian aid while simultaneously giving two fingers up to the xenophobic UK right wing, which has made hatred, fear and demonization of Syrian refugees into a badge of cultural identity.


>
Well, I'll be damned.
One way trip to Mars seems a lot more doable now that we know there is liquid water there. 


>
Have you ever wonder how a hummingbird scratches his ass? Stay tuned and take a stab at how while you wait.

>
Stuff I didn't know.

>


A long time ago I just saw a girl put a hamburger between 2 pancakes so I proposed on the spot and she just said "no", proving she obviously was the smartest woman alive.


>
Guns
 That last one must kick like a mule.

>

Don't you hate it when you are trying to sleep and the neighbor starts vacuuming at 2 o'clock in the afternoon.


>

Doing the math tells us that it took 50,000 bullets per kill in Vietnam.

 >
Saw a B movie that had a couple of lines worth sharing.
Guy falls out a windown onto a prostitute.
 Then this from a bystander...
 That is the punchline to a very, very old joke.
The other line I liked was this one.

>


I care more about the outcome of sporting events than any other aspect of human existence.


>

>
A hummingbird scratching his ass.

>
I played a similar bridge building game before.
 Whoever did that needs to work for NASA.

>

I-70 Sign Show
 A group gives over an unused buildboard to various artists.

>


Plot idea: 97% of the world's scientists contrive an environmental crisis, but are exposed by a plucky band of billionaires & oil companies.


>
If you like babies, you are going to love this.
 That's the first time she saw her shadow.

>
A dog might do this....once.
 What kind of learning curve does that stupid bastard have?

>
Let's enjoy this again.

>

When I see “Just Married” I think like it means ‘only married’ like there are higher types of commitment but they just settled for marriage.


>
This is just asking for trouble.

>


A lady was spanking her kid for being a total brat in the grocery store so I had to step in and ask her if she needed me to hold her purse.


>

IKEA stole my technique!

Speaking of...

>

The Sun Cruise Resort, A Cruise Ship Resort That Never Leaves Land
 I would think all of them could be used for a hotel. Nowadays they are sold for scrap.

>
Shit you don't see every day.

>
At that pizza place I hang out, they put one of these machines right in the lobby, next to where people and children have to sit while waiting on to-go orders.
 I have seen that exact same reaction countless times as the parent tries to win their kid something. They usually spend 10 times more than the toy is worth.

>
Berlin
 Did you notice that he left the paint drips in place? I like that.

>

When I was growing up, there were ads like this in many magazines.

>

My wife moved her treadmill outside so she could get fresh air while running.


>

What a wonderful thought.

>


Don't space out your "ha ha ha's" in a comment. Just don't.

>


>

Also think about the old fashioned internal combustion engine...a thing whose time has come and gone.

>


Wife: In the future, can you please put the seat down?

Me: Now I gotta be a time traveler to please you?

>

Oh, my.

>

If a cop tries to arrest you, perform a citizen’s arrest on him before he reads you your rights. Doing this nullifies all of his power as a police officer and you will be free to go.


>
PHOTOGRAPHY

>

Life during Wartime


Those potatoes aren't going to dig themselves, ladies!

But don't their dresses fit nice.

>
Portlandia
Nice technique.

>
Brainwashed
 Mixed feelings about that. I think, first of all, that it is way too busy. Any message gets lost in the clutter.

>
Okay. 

>
CERAMICS

>


ATMs should have breathalyzers.


>
 "Well, since you put it that way.

>


When my wife sends me to the grocery, I just follow drunk guys around and buy what they buy.


>
This system doesns't "work" because it is broken.
It was designed this way.


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive