About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Friday, October 9, 2015

FRIDAY #2486


One Of My Very Own…
Did you sing that? You should have.


>

Just something else to worry about...
 In the last five years, criminal gangs in Moldova have been stopped four times from selling radioactive materials, including bomb-grade uranium, on the black market. You have to wonder if they have also succeeded one or more times, and we just don't know about it yet.
I'm a betting kind of guy. I think the chance that they DIDN'T stop 100% of the deliveries is right at 100%. I have no idea how dirty a bomb would be with that amount of uranium, but that may not be the point. The citywide panic would be the problem. Let the word out that nuclear fallout will kill you and you need to flee for your life and then let panicked Americans kill themselves in an all out riotous stampede. And in such a scenario, do you know who is going to end up with the best automobiles? The guys with the biggest guns and the guts to use them. And chances are, these people DO NOT live in your neighborhood.

>

My Cubbies won, but at one time, this was the score.

>

Wouldn't you? Now is no time to play let's cover our ass. Somebody should pay. At first I assumed it was a rogue errant bomb, but now I understand it was a prolonged attack. Somebody fucked up big time, and that person should pay. And I don't care if it is a lowly sergeant drone pilot or a general...somebody's head should roll.
My money is on the lowly sergeant because the generals know how to game the system. The sergeant doesn't even know what the system is.

>

Here's this week's games. Go ahead and take 14 for Thursday nights game as a gimme, since you got the list late. I think I will still beat you. Last week I missed only 19.
Just pick a winner and place the numbers 1 thru 14 in the blank...higher the number the more confident you are in your pick.



>

 Each year, thousands of olive ridley sea turtles arrive on a 4-mile stretch of beach in Costa Rica to lay their eggs in the sand. Earlier this month, however, their mission was thwarted by a throng of disruptive tourists. A mob reportedly flocked to the Ostional Wildlife Refuge to catch a glimpse of the turtles' mass nesting onshore, a wildlife phenomenon known as an "arribada." Tourists touched the turtles, stood on top of nests and placed children on top of the animals to take photographs.
Kind of makes you sick, don't it? And to think, those people are at the apex of the food chain.

>

 This is "Do Not Look into the Eyes", an interactive sculpture by Norwegian artist Erik Pirolt. It's a ceramic head inside a glass container. Affixed to the container is a simple warning: don't look the sculpture in the eyes. When people did so, water sprayed out of the empty eye sockets of the sculpture, right at the visitor.



>
Don't try to fix your computer the same day you quit drinking.

>

Runs great. 60 mpg. Cuts through traffic with ease.


Speaking of two-wheelers...

 I've seen that a hundred times in Mexico.

>
I don't know what to make of that. How about this? The Department of Defense has 10% of the population of this vast country working for it, and we can't wipe out a rag-tag group of misfits that call themselves ISIS?

>

Log cabin my ass. Okay the veneer is wood logs, but my money is on steel I-beams for that span.

>


Around my neighborhood I'm affectionately known as "Please stop taking pictures of my wife you weirdo."


>
 Can't you just hear him saying that? I'm from Alabama and when I get together with my relatives for a family reunion, I pronounce it that way within 3 hours. After I get home it takes three weeks to learn to say "Come on" instead of "Moan."

>
Why the fuck are cereal bags not ziploc yet?


 >

There are those who counter that crime rates have dropped BECAUSE we lock so many criminals away. Surely, for the "greatest county the world has ever seen", there is another way. I would suggest starting with a great education system.

>

Children in Stalingrad hiding from bombing by German planes in 1942.
 The real casualties of war. And notice the "Ralph" kid, in the back, WITHOUT his head sticking out.

>

This reminds me of my daughter.
Sometimes, mostly for arguing with her sister, I would have to send her to her room. I would go in 30 minutes later to find her on her bed reading and I would say, “You can come out now.” She wouldn’t even look at me when she said, “No, I’m good here.”

When she was in the fourth grade she told me she had read every book in the school library. Time for a public library card.

>
I once spent some time playing this game.
And I got pretty damn good, but bored of it within a week.

>


Apparently Border Security does NOT think it's funny when you reply, "I'm hungry" when they ask you if you have anything to declare.


>

The 3-in-1 Lens kit for smart phone is portable, detachable and easy to install. Just clip to your phone/tablet and get three high quality lenses, 180° Fish eye, Wide-angle and Macro Lens. Compatible with any device.

>
MARRIED PEOPLE HAVING FUN

Guy had a vascetomy and his wife did this.

Guy came home to this...
I think that sort of thing is healthy.

>
You've probably seen this already, but he almost got cut in half!

>


My favorite hobby is pretending to be surprised when my credit card is declined.


>
I don't think I'm OCD, but that misaligned handrail drove me up the wall.
And no, it's not just the perspective.

>
My wife put one of these outside the window at which we sit and eat.

>


I can’t lie, if I woke up with a vagina I would spend the rest of the day putting household objects inside it.


>
We all assume our doctor is actually listening to us.

My father once had to go to the hospital due to bleeding ulcers. One of the indications of said malady is a black stool caused by the blood. So his doctor came into his room and asked how he was. My father said, “Not too good, Doctor. My stool is as black as that telephone,” and pointed. The doctor made notes and left. A few minutes later a nurse came in, unplugged the phone and headed to the door. My father demanded to know what she was doing and she said, “The doctor told me that you couldn’t get any rest because the phone was ringing too much.” You would have to have known my father to know how funny that is.
He was not a man to suffer fools lightly.

>
 The visible metal support rods bother me.

>
 A newspaper just devised the story that the oak, which reportedly cast enough shade to shelter 3,000 people, had once been witness to a number of treaties signed between European settlers and Native American tribes. The fact that no one had ever heard the story before didn’t stop the modern myth from spreading, and Big Oak became Treaty Oak. Later, the tree and the land around it was privately purchased then donated back to the city of Jacksonville, Florida with the stipulation that all of it would become a public park – cementing Treaty Oak’s future.


 >
 We could all use some information on that topic.

>
Imagine the photographer giving these instructions to the models...naked models.

>


There was this stupid baby at the restaurant today who thought it could yell louder than me.


>
NON-STAGED PHOTOGRAPH
What we have here is a posture problem.

>


I've been ill with night terrors, nausea, dizziness, hunger pains, cry fits, and a stutter. According to Web MD, I have a dental hygienist appointment tomorrow.


>

I thought this was similar...
 But these are actually rather large.
And I like them.

>
I made a deal with my wife that we only smoke after sex. I’ve had the same pack of smokes since 2006. She’s up to a pack a day.


I watched a study about how mice find their way around very complicated mazes. The researchers think that they form picture maps...literally. To prove it they placed various little objects around a maze and let the mouse navigate it successfully several times. Then they moved an object and the mouse would, say, turn left at the red ball just like he had learned, even though the turn led to nothing.
I found that very fascinating.

>

Claude Monet

Why did he paint haystacks is not the question. Why not paint haystacks is the question.
It was a study of light qualities at different times of day. The subject matter was secondary.

>
I found this delightful...
I've seen many a drunk relative at a family reunion do the exact same thing with a bait bucket.

>


Okay, life is like a box of chocolate…shoved up your ass sideways with a four-foot stick.


>

No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive