About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Friday, October 16, 2015

FRIDAY #2493

One Of My Very Own…



For this fine woman...
I offer this song...

>



Stupid political cartoon, but look at the juxtaposition of the next headline...

>

The horn blower.
We shall see, but I'm willing to bet money.

>
And just in case you are interested, here are the players in this weeks pool.
My picks are on the far left.
I am Ra, of course, and the negative numbers in the other player's column indicate that they picked opposite from me.

>
An interesting thing happened to day. I was ambling around outside the bar this afternoon when a customer went inside to order a pizza, then got his old dog out of his car for a walk. After a few minutes he came up to me rather excited and said, "There's a plastic bag back there with a dollar bill and some other stuff back there screwed to the post with a key!" I must have smiled a little too knowingly, because the asked, "Do you know anything about it?"
I then explained the whole social experiment and he seemed pleased. He said that he would look for it during his subsequent visits to see how long it stays up.
Gentle Reader, another player has entered the game.

THERE WILL BE FULL POSTS THIS WEEKEND



LET'S PLAY A GAME OF WHO IS THIS PERSON
[ highlight between brackets for the answer ]

A. John Kennedy's mother as a young woman.
B. The woman who hid Ann Frank.
C. The woman who started the Chicago Fire.
D. John Dillenger's last girlfriend.

[ Miep Gies, the woman who hid Ann Frank and her family for 2 years ]


A. Alfred Nobel
B. T. S. Lawrence
C. Nicola Tesla
D. John Kennedy's butler
[ Nicola Tesla as an old man. ]


 A. The inventor of lined writing paper.

B. Eleanor Roosevelt's secret lover.
C. Obama's great-grandfather.
D. The king of Madagascar.
[ Obama's great-grandfather. ]


A. Saved Sam Walton's life.
B. The guy who played the dueling banjo in Deliverance.
C. The first man to receive a double lung transplant.
D. Killed a family of five while high on meth.
This is Billy Redden, the guy who played the dueling banjo in Deliverance. ]


>

The old guys are always fucking with the new guys.
My favorite is the new guy being send to the lunch wagon for a smegma sandwich.

>
You can pretty much figure out that this is the door to a man cave.

>


If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?


>

Aboriginal society has preserved memories of Australia’s coastline dating back more than 7,000 years. That’s the conclusion that University of the Sunshine Coast Professor of Geography Patrick Nunn reached in a paper published in Australian Geographer. The study looks at Aboriginal stories from 21 places around Australia’s coastline, each describing a time when sea levels were significantly lower than today. Professor Nunn said present sea levels in Australia were reached 7,000 years ago and as such any stories about the coastline stretching much further out to sea had to pre-date that time.

You might want to look that up. I found it fascinating.

>
 I think that's true.

>
Do you ever do shit like this at work or elsewhere?
 If so, send me an example because I think people who use their time and energy to amuse others as special, gifted individuals.

>
IMAGES THAT SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES

>


Eyes that do not cry do not see.

- Swedish Proverb

>
 Not only does the state of our education system adversely effect students, but I know several people long past retirement age who must keep working to help their kids through college. These people need our praise.

>
This disgusts us all.

But at one time, Stonehenge was not protected and this is what the tourists did to it.

Speaking of tourists, this from China.

>


Wife: That was the best sex I’ve ever had.

Me: Really?

Wife: No, but it was pretty good.

Me: Really?

Wife: No.

>

Molly Crabapple's illustrations from Syria
>
"Stunning Musk-Rats."
And a good time was had by all.

>

When she asks about my tongue game...


>


Soulmate sounds like something Satan puts in his coffee.


>

>

Note to self: Do NOT try shopping for a pearl necklace online. Ever. Again.


>

>

 How many blondes does it take to change a diaper? Ask Hugh Hefner.


>

This 3D-Printed cast uses ultrasound to heal bones 40% faster.

>
Charlotte Mann

And here she is "working."
 Does anybody believe that she wore high-heels while doing that?

 >
I sent my friend, Kent, an opera performance from Youtube and commented that it was so beautiful it made me cry. He emailed back "Who wouldn't cry listening to that?"

>

A child’s skull before losing baby teeth.

>

So many haunted "mansions." Sad how this country is killing the middle class ghost.


>
I gotta have me one of these.
That's got zombie escape vehicle written all over it.

>

Good advice: Never date anyone with too much inflatable furniture. "Too much" is anything over one.


>
I would like to think this is true.

Admiral Byrd’s “Little America III” station, built in 1940, spotted sticking out of a floating iceberg in the Antarctic’s Ross Sea . The outpost was buried beneath 25 feet of snow, 300 miles away from its original location, and still had supplies stacked neatly on shelves.

>
I guess this one speaks for itself, also.
I know you've seen this, but this shows more and it's Friday and I'm busy.

>

"Bruised," by Rikka Hyvönen

>

Never confuse a colostomy bag with a whoopee cushion. Trust me.


>

>

Waiter: And what would the lady like?

Me:

Waiter:

Me:
Waiter:
Me: Dear, he means you.
Wife: *blushing* Oh, wow. He called me a lady.


>
Ladies and gentlemen, another chapter of the pussification of the American male.


 Look at that perfectly crafted beard. For around $7,000, this luxurious hair with bald-udder shapes could all be yours.

 According to an article in the New York Times, beard transplants are becoming incredibly popular, with one surgeon saying he's doing around 3 a week. The implications of this trend is staggering. For one, it's great news for all the women out there hunting men with beards.
And then there's this...

 Half the men in the US are shaving their balls and the other half is getting beard and chest hair implants. I weep for the future.

>
You tell everyone that you love your country? Then you have to speak up about this outrage. This is insane.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You seem like the kind of man who might appreciate this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXLiajnu4ts

There are a lot more on youtube, etc. : thailand rocket festival

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive