About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Saturday, October 17, 2015

SATURDAY #2494


One Of My Very Own…


>
This is exactly the way I looked when New Orleans beat Atlanta and I had 11 points on Atlanta.

>
I thought long and hard about sharing this story with you, then I came upon this image.
As I've told you already, I changed my key packets to read "DO NOT REMOVE". I did this just to see what would happen.
I have also mentioned a guy who had found 3 packets and emailed me to say that he had them unopened on his desk...like trophies, I think.
Well, he found one of the new DO NOT REMOVE packets, took it, then emailed me this.

 I have enjoyed searching for your little packets along Eden Street as I go to and from work for home and lunch.  Two days ago on 10/14/15 I found your next packet attached to the tree on the opposite side of Pennington Seed parallel to the perpendicular point of the fence line.  It was early in the morning on the way to work and I had once again only caught it at a glimpse in the corner of my eye.  I stopped, reversed and pondered and how I would retrieve this one.   Upon examining the packet at a glimpse in my excitement I noticed a new backing to a card and a message behind the dollar bill.  I unfortunately did not examine it close enough however until afterwards; I had to see what was inside.  Within my struggles to remove the package I accidentally removed the bag without the key only to find the message was (in my opinion directed at me).  I did not appreciate it at all.  The other three in which had been found had no designation of do not remove.  Furthermore, I believe you had extended the offer of keeping the first one in which I had found and said nothing in reply to the other messages in the packet discoveries.  If you would have simply told me to replace them or not to take them after my discoveries I would have gladly done so.  I felt the note was passive aggressive and rather unappreciated.   After replacing the do not remove package, I took the liberty of removing your nifty screw which you thought I could not remove with one of my own, from there I replaced the other three exactly where I had found them with contents intact.  The next day I noticed that the do not remove tag was still securely placed on the tree and the other three were once again removed by whom I can only assume to be some of the homeless that wander behind there.  I assume that it was homeless because the two keys attached to the first package were still in place which was the easiest you had placed to remove.  I suspect your sentimental trinkets are in a dumpster somewhere.  I have now lost interest in discovering your packets.  Next time you want someone to not remove something don’t put a message in there that you can’t read unless removing.


I wrote him back that he really needed to lighten up.
I smile at the absurdity of the whole thing.
Wait until that sumbitch discovers my next generation of my installations. They are going to blow that guy away.



>

This looks about as photoshopped as it can get.
But it is not. It's a realistic dog mask for Halloween...I can tell by the pixels.

>
Horn Of Pain

A former slave holds a horn once used to call slaves who were toiling out in the fields.

>
Ever wonder what it looks like to survive scalping?
 Or he just moved it to his face. (see yesterday's post)

>
 The European Atrocity You Never Heard About


In the largest episode of forced migration in history, millions of German-speaking civilians were sent to Germany from Czechoslovakia and other European countries after World War II by order of the United States, Britain, and the Soviet Union.

>
Göbekli Tepe

This discovery DOUBLED the known history of humankind...yes, this site is over 12,000 years old. That is 7000 years older than Stonehenge & the Egyptian pyramids!! So far, they have uncovered and excavated only 5% of the ruins in the last 13 years....the civilization and complex was (is?) huge.

And...

The oldest footprint ever found, Kenya, one million five hundred thousand years old...or so I'm told.
I can only assume it was humanoid.

>
I walked through a photo essay of premature baby photos held by the children the way they look now.
I found it rather touching.

>
By Borondo
I like that very, very much. That just moved from art to Art on the Ralph-o-meter.

>
PHOTOGRAPHY by Connie Salvatelli


>

Billy Fiske was the first American to be killed in action during World War II. He joined the British Royal Air Force and died fighting Nazis in 1940 in the Battle of Britain, long before FDR ever asked Congress for a declaration of war.
My uncle, my father's brother, did the exact same thing, only he didn't die. After dozens of missions he was sent home for R&R and was promptly arrested for not responding to his draft notice from the US. After some negotiations the War Department made him an instructor in the Army Air Corp. 

>
????
If you don't know why that's funny, ask your teenage son.

>

Baby crawling on the ledge of an 8th floor apartment.


 I had several panic attacks watching that.

>

The steampunk modified statues of Medellin, Colombia


 Who would have thought Columbians had such a sense of whimsy?

>
Wait for it...
 Un-fucking-believeable.

>
PUBLIC ART: I so hope this is painted and not just a glued on photo.

>
DARK IMAGES THAT SPEAK VOLUMES

 That last one reminds be of Reginald Denny. He was the truck driver that stopped for a crowd just like that and was beaten unmercifully. The jury of his attackers let all the culprits off because they were "caught up in the mood of the mob." Well, no thanks. If it's late at night and a mob wants me to stop, they better get ready.

>
The world’s longest glass suspension bridge has opened at Shiniuzhai Geopark in China’s Hunan Province.
 The 300 meter bridge was originally constructed with wood, but was converted using 24mm-thick glass that is 25 times stronger than regular glass. Tourists are given special shoes to wear as they cross the clear bridge that hangs 180 meters above the ground.


>
What more proof do you need that we are doomed...DOOMED I SAY!

>
I think a lot art...always playing a game of what-if.
I'm not sure it is possible for ordinary people to even understand what this man did for the art world. I'm not bragging, I guess the point is — if you don't know how great, and why, that man was, take my word for it. 

>

>
The word minimum. 

>

John Mogan, 28, and Ashley Duboe, 24, were arrested in connection with an Ohio bank robbery after Mogan posted a series of photos of himself playing with a thick wad of cash.
Don't these people watch TV? They catch these idiots for the exact same reason all the time. 

>
 I'm sure you have noticed that I can't entirely abandon my teaching persona. With that said, this is a great way to teach these principles.

>

>
How...inspiring.

>
Floating logs in the Northwest.
I seem to remember that in olden days some of the logs would get water-logged and sink to the bottom. Then decades later they were salvaged and they had a special quality no other normal wood had. Anybody know anything about that?

>
Just a normal pizza...
 It is actually a giant, flat piece of marshmallow. With the use of edible ink, they print an image of real vegetarian, pepperoni, Margherita, or Hawaiian pizza onto the marshmallow.

 I'm impressed.

>

A guy went to grab a jammed piece of paper in the printer. He ended up getting this. Look closely.



>
The caption read: "This is how a zoo SHOULD look like."

I disagree...up to a point. It looks like the person in the blue-gray uniform is feeding the lionesses snacks or some such shit to encourage them to come close. That reminds be of the dozens of magnificent bald eagles who gave up doing anything except sitting out on the beach in Alaska waiting for the fish cleaner to throw out the guts.
However, at least the lions have a large roam area. 

>

Bonsai apple tree growing a full sized apple

>
 This ought to speak for itself.
I really like simple solutions. 

>
Let me run this past you one more time.

The Swiss inculcates the idea of gun ownership as a responsibility to protect the nation, while to the American gun proliferation advocates, the reason for the 2nd Amendment is to protect the citizens from the government.
That's worth giving a little thought.

>
Another English war-time safety poster.


The hospitals were crammed with war injuries and they didn’t have room for stupid civilians.

>
This system is so efficient that it appears from the smallest to the largest organizational structure.
 I wouldn't be surprised if sub-atomic particles use it for something.

>
Did you notice that I forgo the rust colored quips I use as spacers in weekday posts? That is one of the compromises that I made for seven day a week efforts.

 >

No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive