About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

WEDNESDAY #2484


One Of My Very Own…


>
This is EXACTLY how I feel about people who say the rapture will happen someday. It's all delusional.
The leader of the Christian organization eBible Fellowship warns that October 7 "will be the day that God has spoken of: in which, the world will pass away. It’ll be gone forever. Annihilated.”

"There’s a strong likelihood that this will happen. Which means there’s an unlikely possibility that it will not," says eBible Fellowship founder Chris McCann.

>
And here is the website:
https://openstaxcollege.org/
Please let me know if I was remiss in my research. I really want to know. I so hope this is for real.

>

If a man runs after money, he's money-mad; if he keeps it, he's a capitalist; if he spends it, he's a playboy; if he doesn't get it, he's a ne'er-do-well; if he doesn't try to get it, he lacks ambition. If he gets is without working for it, he's a parasite; and if he accumulates if after a lifetime of hard work, people call him a fool who never got anything out of life.

>
I'm getting a lot of feedback from my Key Packets. Many save them intact. Most thank me for putting in the effort. My DO NOT REMOVE stamp seems to be working in deterring removal from overtly visible sites. I know that NOT removing them defeats the whole concept, but consistency of thought is not really the issue. Having fun is the issue.



We haven't heard much from this guy lately...
 Bullshit.

>


Ran into a mother of a child I used to teach. The woman described her child as, “She hates change of any kind. Why, when she was a child she was in a snit for a week after Gulf turned into BP.”

I found that very funny.

>

Bunostegos, a cow-sized, plant-eating reptile that roamed the ancient central desert of Pangea more than 250 million years ago was the first to walk on all fours.

>
I watched a very interesting video about this very thing.
 That is just plastic, and if you pour lots of boiling water on it, you can just reach in the inside and just push it back out. And it WANTS to go back to its original shape.

>
Greeetings to all you taggers out there.
 Keep up the good work.

>
 You call THAT a mystery?
THIS is a mystery.

>
I lost a young friend and drinking buddy this past weekend in a tragic accident. He got his finger caught in a wedding ring.


 >

>


My wife sneezed, blessed herself, and then thanked herself.


>
 On some older streets in Belgium they use marble stones instead of painted lines for crosswalks


>
 God I love language.

>

 British steakhouse found guilty of selling horse and venison meats as zebra and wildebeest dishes
 Clever photograph. But seriously, those bastards are allowed to eat zebra and Americans are forbidden from eating horse. What's up with that?

>
PHOTOGRAPHY
 As I understand it, that last one is not staged.

>
SatelliteSurfer has created a Google Map which tracks 88 satellites live and in real-time. The map plots the location of 88 satellites as they orbit the Earth, which means you can view in real-time which satellites are currently passing overhead. If you want to know which satellite is currently passing over your house then you can mouse-over a marker on the map to find out the satellite's name. The Pass Prediction tool allows you to enter your address and find out which satellite will pass over your location.

So I wanted to share it with you to show your kids.
 This what I got when I went there.

>


When we travel, my wife makes us pretend we are on “The Amazing Race” because, as she puts it: "It is good practice if we ever make it on the show."


>
 >

On April 14, 1945, German captain Karl-Adolf Schlitt took a U-1206 submarine into combat patrol for the first time. The sub had a new high-tech toilet that directed human waste through a series of chambers to a pressurized airlock and then blasted it into the sea with compressed air. After using the new-fangled crapper Schlitt apparently turned the wrong valve, allowing a backflow of waste and seawater into the sub, and it only got worse from there.

>
This is another great site for kids.
 I watched one on the Great Wall of China and it was very good...and short. Your kids will love the animation.

>

>
Got kids? Next time you have them in a Mexican restaurant poke two holes in a tortilla, put it on your face and say, “Hello, Clarice.”


 >

It must have been a rough divorce

>

Snake trying WAY too hard to play dead
And this one attempting, unsuccessfully, to do the same thing...

>

For all the taxes they take from me, the least they could do is send me a picture of the ghetto family I’m supporting to hang on my fridge.


>

>
What do you think will happen when a ping pong ball is dipped in liquid nitrogen then put on a table?
Anybody know why it does that?
But one thing I do know is that you shouldn't handle liquid nitrogen without shoes on.

>

The opposite of a problem.
 That's me up at the top taking advantage of the distraction to get a quiet drink without my brothers and sisters horning in…then I wonder off to take a nap, cause I've licked a human and it ain't all that great.


>

>


Cashier: whoa, 4 cases of beer, having a party tonight?

Me:

Cashier:

Me:

Cashier:

Me: sure

 >
Nice.


>
This is called an AIM (Air Intercept Missile) 9 or Sidewinder. It was designed by a lowly Navy ensign in the 1960s and was such an elegantly simple concept that it is still in use today.
It is a little hard to explain, but it is called a Sidewinder because of the way it aquires the target. 

>

>


I always say ‘morning’ instead of ‘good morning’, because if it were a good morning I would be on a beach snapping my fingers for the cabana boy.


>
I should have thought of this.
 I do have a label maker.

>


If a joke is too hard to visualize ... then what the hell good is it?

- Henny Youngman

>
 104-Year-Old Street Artist Who Yarn-Bombed Her Town


>

Want to guess anything interesting about these images?
 To scale, Randy Hage

Wow.
I think I may have posted that previously, but I'm an old man...cut me some slack.
Speaking of, sometimes I get the strangest feeling that I have already posted a One Of My Very Own. The one at the top of this post is just one is suspect. If you have seen that one before, please let me know.

>


I'm not saying my wife has been around the block, but she found 50 Shades of Grey boring.


>

No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive