About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Friday, November 6, 2015

FRIDAY #2514


One Of My Very Own…


>
It does not shock me that this loony bastard wants to be president. It shocks me that he has a medical degree.

"My own personal theory is that Joseph built the pyramids to store grain." - Ben Carson

>
Look what I got back in change today.
Once a week I drive all the way over the river for a What-A-Burger. As I looked at my change I had not one... 
 ...but THREE Indian Head Pennies.
I showed one of them to the young man at the to-go window and told him I would give him a quarter for each one in the drawer. There were no more.
The strange discovery tells me one of two things: 1) Someone broke into a house, stole a coin collection and had no idea what they had, or 2) Some old, confused guy spent his own coin collection.

>

A Colombian HIV-positive man who'd gone off his meds died when a tapeworm in his body developed cancer and spread tumors to his lungs. It's the first known case of a person dying of a disease that had infected their parasite.

Just something else to worry about. 

>

This video, which was released last year, was produced by the city of Amsterdam to warn tourists that heroin was being sold by street dealers as cocaine. The city set up signs and offered inexpensive drug test kits so people could test the street drugs they'd purchased and find out if it contained heroin. The video ends with the promise that drug users will not be arrested for using drugs or for reporting the discovery of white heroin, or for seeking medical help in an emergency. Could you imagine something this sensible happening in the US?


>
Regarding my post of how weird the word rhythm is, I got this comment: "why cry thy slyly wry gypsy rhythms by my crypt?"

>

Far beneath Earth's surface, to a depth of 2 miles or more, dwell the SLIMES (subsurface lithoautotrophic microbial ecosystems), unique assemblages of bacteria and fungi that occupy pores in the interlocking mineral grains of igneous rock and derive their energy from inorganic chemicals. The SLIMES are independent of the world above, so even if all of it were burned to a cinder, they would carry on and, given enough time, probably evolve new life-forms able to re-enter the world of air and sunlight.


>
Oh, my, look what happened...
Way to go, Canada.



>
I know it is far too easy to take your own life as the ultimate example for everyone else, but I really do believe that you can’t live a full life unless you love someone(s) more than you love yourself.

>
I thumbed through a site about how to make weapons from the things you have around the house...assuming you don't like guns.
 You take hedge clippers apart and using a file sharpen the shit out of it and you have something that will get a bad guy's attention...assuming they don't like guns either.

>
WAR

This may be the most famous image of the Vietnam War.

40 years since this classic picture of the Viet Nam War was taken. The little girl then, the woman now.
 Imagine the hopelessness of having armed men move into your village and other armed men bomb the shit out of that village and none of the civilians get a vote.
But then again, everybody did the same thing in WWI and II, and ancient sieges...well, they were going to kill everybody anyway.
Think about hating somebody so much that you would volunteer to die in hopes that you take out a few of them.

Kamikaze hit on HMS Sussex


America...what can I say. You and I have heard all our lives that America is the greatest country EVER!
At the very least, that's debatable.

US soldiers pose with some of the 600 Moro villagers they had killed, after the First Battle of Bud Dajo, Philippines, March 7, 1906 - The Moro Crater massacre is a name given by the Americans to the final phase of the First Battle of Bud Dajo, a military engagement of the Philippine-American War which took place March 10, 1906, on the isle of Jolo in the southern Philippines.

>
If you have never done this, then you have never been poor.
Tonight at the bar I had a long talk with a young female server who is trying to work herself through college. She needed some work on her car and the quote from the dealership was just too much. I introduced her to a guy that works at a dealership, but does work on cars whereever they are parked for a fraction of the cost. 
She also needed tires and quoted prices she has found on line. I told her that when I was in school I never bought a new tire, I found places that sold good used tires for a fraction of the cost, since she had told me she only uses her car to get back and forth to school and work.
I offered to loan her some money, but she thanked me for the advice and declined. She is a keeper.

>
I have posted numerous things like this. Sure, it's not great, but some person spent a lot of time just to give you something unusual to looks at.

PHOTOGRAPHY

I like this photo. I like the way the child's leg line up with (is sympathetic) to the bear's arm. I like that the two beings are more or less the same shape, and that there is a very strong triangle set up with not only the objects, but the eye contact.
 But I can't get over knowing that that magnificent beast hasn't ripped another creature open in a long, long time and you just know that is exactly what it's thinking about.

When I see any images of shells, the first thing I do is look for holy molies. See it?
I found it in like a millisecond. I can spot them on the beach from 20 feet. I'm not bragging on me; I'm bragging about human's extraordinary perception.

>
PEOPLE WHAT ARE IN COMPLETE CHARGE


Queen Elizabeth back when she used to suck dick with that finger up his ass as a bonus if you had been especially good. Yes…that finger right there.


And to think, when she looks through her family's history, shit like this keeps cropping up.

February 8, 1587: Mary, Queen of Scots, executed. "I forgive you with all my heart, for now, I hope, you shall make an end to all my troubles," Mary told the executioner. His first blow missed her neck altogether. The second struck her neck, but didn't cut through -- he had to saw through to finish the job. When he held her head aloft by the hair, her wig came off and her head rolled to the ground. Then, a bloody little Skye terrier emerged from her skirts, and refused to leave his mistress.

The power of ruling overcomes the certainty that lots of people are out to kill you. Wow.

And for no apparent reason, I present this...
Marilyn Monroe's Autopsy Photo

>

Crystal Palace Saloon, Tombstone, 1880
 I had a beer at that very bar. I sat at the end to the left.

>

Why use two A's in the name Aaron? Why not...17? What's stopping us?


>
 Yeah, if I had one of those I would never get anything done...waiting for it to fuck up...just once, then I would shout, "I knew it. I just KNEW IT!" But by then I would be living under a bridge and there would be no one around to hear me.

>
 Smart man.

>
I just realized that that was the first October in 20 years that I didn’t hear “Monster Mash” not even once.


 I haven't mentioned lately how much I loathe the torturing of animals for the amusement of humans.
Don't get me wrong, I will kill an animal or fish in heartbeat if I am hunger, but killing it just for fun is a whole nother horse of a different color.

>
By now we know that evolution happens when an animal makes (by mutation or discovery) a change in the old way of doing things.
And that change gives it a better chance to reproduce. All rather cut and dried.
Now let's think about modern man.

The smartest people on the planet are not even replacing themselves. Arguably, the dumbest people are having litters of little likewise dumb people.
We are in a process of REVERSE EVOLUTION!
Someone please turn me on to something that will prove me wrong...please.

>

Porcupine 1: Dog 0

>

Ironically I'm watching an exercise infomercial because I am too lazy to get the remote.


>
Hello, darkness, my old friend...
He paid money to do that. 
If I were in a bar fight, he is the last man I want on my side.

>

Facebook (noun):

- an online happiness competition


>
WOW!
My guess is that that is a very difficult feat to pull off. 

>

I don't know what this is but I want one.

>

The problem with rap music is that it tends to disrespect bitches and hoes.


>
It's called looping and this one is damn near perfect...

>

This next guy noticed that his waitress had a black eye, so he ordered very slowly because she obviously doesn't listen.


>
I like watching the guy on the left.
"I see nothing...NOTHING!" - Hogan's Heroes >

Arkansas is just like Kansas except there are more Pirates.


>

A black hole consuming a star.
Shouldn't "black hole" be capitalized? I mean, if you are the badest ass in the universe, you ought to get a little respect. 
And to think, the guy who created that cares if you touch your own privates.

>

>

A blind man carrying a paraplegic man who can see. 
- Damascus 1889."
The little guy on the other guy's back can see? Look at his eyes.
Anyway, I once wrote a book called: A Farm Called Riverbend. The book featured two people who arranged to live together...a man with no hands and a young woman with no legs. Then, of course, things went very, very south.

>
Bullies. Everybody hates bullies...

>
This is the kind of thing you find on sites frequented by young people.

>

No one went to museums in ancient times because it was just a building full of stuff they had at home.


>
 Think evolution.

 >

>
Just other stuff to worry about.

>

My wife told me to take a spider out instead of killing it. We went for a few beer. Cool guy. Wants to be a lawyer.


>
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHHA!

>
If I were to have a headstone, this is what it should say.

>
I need to title books.
 One of the books I wrote was about the laziest man on Earth - I modeled him after myself — and I named it: TRANSTANGIBLENESSMENTARIANISM MADE EASY.


>
  This is my exact reaction when the doctor certifies my vasectomy as 100% successful.


>

Whenever I put a chip with too much dip on it into my mouth, I immediately shove a second chip in there to even out the chip to dip ratio.


>


1 comment:

Steve said...

Those would be Buffalo Nickels, boss, not Indian Head Pennies. But you knew that. :-)

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive