About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Sunday, November 8, 2015

SUNDAY ANTI-SERMON #2516

One Of My Very Own…



>
Both home state teams played around 4pm. I took the underday and points of 13 and 17 and all the money. It was a good day.

>
I'm not much for beating a dead horse, but that sumbitch is scary. I don't care what your politics are, you can not even consider Ben as a thinking human being, much less in control of the most powerful military the world has ever know. Please...think about it. I beg you.



>
I've run across this bullshit several times...
 But there is ALWAYS another side of any position.
The facts:

>
I know this is old, but...

>



>



>

>
Priceless...just fucking priceless...
 He stopped the exorcism to answer his phone, and, of course, the preacher declares it a complete success.


>
So, that shit is just silly...right? Now let's revisit virgin birth, talking snakes, and for you Jews, having a whole holiday because a lamp burned longer than it was supposed to.

>

>
 Do believers actually read that crazy shit?
"You are just picking out the bad parts."
And you only pick out the good parts!

>
If you have the time, you might want to read this.




I will address only one of the points.
A little boy found his father's loaded pistol and killed his brother. The father was arrested.
Now we have our "father" who placed the greatest most lethal object in the universe right next to the creatures that were made in his image. I rest my case.
And don't try to tell me he didn't create them with sin. How could they have known it was evil BEFORE they ate the magic fruit from the tree of good and evil?

>
Speaking of making stuff up...
 That guy (if he even really existed) began it all. But think about the story. I ask you, if you heard a voice tell you to kill your child, would you do it? And if you did, what do you think the authorities would do to you?

>

What say you vegans?

>
I can hear those thoughts now..."Yeah, but all that other stuff was just made up by some guys with a motive."
You can not allow your children to think like that. Please.


>

Making Holy Water

 You have to boil the hell out of it.

No, seriously, it's made when some guy says some magic words over regular tap water....and people believe that's true...lots and lots of people. Why would a thinking person believe such nonsense? Because their parents told them how to think and they never bothered to think for themselves.

If I may be so bold...This is not an anti-sermon, but I feel compelled to tell you that when I "came out" to my family that I was an atheist, they still loved me. The only person it kind of fucked up was my mother, because she, unlike anybody else, thought she would meet me again in heaven after we were both dead. Had I been asked, I could have spread the word that none of the other family members really believed that.


>

>

"Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them."

- Barry Goldwater



>

1 comment:

Larry said...

Another fine antisermon! Folio Olio for president!

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive