About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

WEDNESDAY #2512


One Of My Very Own…




Here's the games for this week. Just pick a team and place 1-13 in the box. 

Last week I lost 26, which is high.

>
THIS FROM A LOCAL TV WEBSITE:

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) -
Deputies say an out-of-control child at Rosewood Elementary School injured a teacher and a deputy on Tuesday.
The incident happened around 12:30 p.m. according to Richland County Sheriff’s Department spokesman Curtis Wilson, when the teacher and principal were unable to control an 8-year-old child.
According to Wilson, they asked the school resource officer to step in. He said the child pulled hair out of a teacher’s head.
Wilson said when the child was trying to climb a fence, the SRO feared for the child’s safety and tried to pull him down. Wilson said that is when the child bit the deputy in the arm, breaking the skin.
The child was released to his parents.

----
This occured within a week of me telling a teacher at that school that "usually" the "bad kids" are black, but the crazy sumbitches are always white. That kid was white.



>
Looking back at an old post and found this guy.
He paints portraits with his dick. 
But don't his hat fit nice.

>
A very simple, easy way to carry fire wood...

>

My nephew was given this 500 year old pottery shard.
 Who gave it to him is a story beyond belief. I may tell you one day, but I'm still in awe by the whole adventure.

>

From a site I visit often:
The light bulb conspiracy


A hat tip to my cousin in Barcelona for sending me the link to this video, which is a European production aired by the Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation.

This is a documentary that examines the history and present implementation of "planned obsolescence."  It begins with the worldwide Phoebus cartel that controlled light bulb manufacturing in the early 20th century, then looks at computer printers - at least some of which are manufactured with a chip that locks up the printer after X number of pages are printed.
Probably not 1 in 100 readers of this blog will have the time to view an hour-long program, but I encourage those interested to at least skip ahead to see the effects of global e-waste dumping and Ghana and listen to some of the arguments for "de-growth."
Here's the link if you would like to view the whole clip:

>

>


Just because a song is catchy, doesn’t mean it’s good. The plague was catchy and look how that panned out.


>
If you find this entertaining and/or amusing...
 ...then you are one sick fuck.
This is what wild things are made for...
I wonder how they got all that shit out of the boat.

>

Earth, seen from a distance as a going out of business pet store.




>
 That is what I would do with my Lazy-Boy if I had a house fire.

>
FOOD

 I know the economic argument is well-founded. The health benefits are a little iffy. But I am a hedonist, so...
Then there's this guy...
And he at grubs, worms, insects, rats and just about anything else he could get in his mouth. Had he been a vegan, he would have died. 
And then there's this...
By the way, I think that cartoonist is the best in the business. I just wonder how long he can keep it up.

>
So it has come to this...
 What a time to be alive.
But when is technology too much technology?
Consider this guy...

That evolutionary ladder will not just climb itself, will it, son?


>

Thanks to denial things are going really well.


>

Different color sands of the Sahara Desert

 Amazing.

>

Custom set of ribs and artificial sternum that were implanted into a 54-year-old male cancer patient's chest-cavity.

And I'm wondering how long it will be before this next cartoon becomes the norm.

>
This is me when the bartender handed me my change and it had coins in it....COINS!
This is me when I found out they were starting to charge a 10% tax to all beverages.

>


Does anyone else think that the word ‘rhythm’ is a very unusual word? Imagine asking a normal person to think of a six letter word without an A, I, E, O, or U.


>
Quality humor...our motto here at Folio Olio.
 Oh, my.

>
He left as a vegan insurance agent...
 ...and returned a grub slurping, crawdad crushing mountain man.

>

Organization creates innovative trash sculptures to raise awareness of beach waste

 What a wonderful idea.

>

>
Here's that robot being guided by the drone which is doing the mapping...

>


If you’re in a pickle, dill with it.

( I apologize for that)

>
Get it?

>

>
 Election Day in Canada

 That's all the information I have on that cartoon. I know I have a lot of Canadian viewers...what say you?

>
I'm going to let you figure this out for yourself like I had to do...
 I would so do that.

>
My wife mistook the George Foreman for the waffle iron.

>
 It was stated that this guy only sustained minor injuries...
 Of couse they didn't define "minor."
Speaking of doctors...

>
If I were a clothing designer...

This is from a series of paintings "The usual suspects," by Jamie Adams.


Might want to look her up. Paints in Grant Wood style and very good.



>

>

Map of a yearlong North American road trip for 70 degree weather every day.

 How very clever.

>


Crisper Drawers: Where good intentions go to die.


>
 I found that so funny I repeated it to several people.

>

The marble floor of this bank has been worn down from years of people standing.

 That must be a very old bank...or cheap marble.

>


Folio Olio is the best website that sucks.


>

5 comments:

Unknown said...

why cry thy slyly wry gypsy rhythms by my crypt?

Ralph Henry said...

How very, very clever. Thank you for sharing that with me...and tomorrow, the world.

Unknown said...

Hi! Hope you're great! Did you sort out that Canadian cartoon yet?
Dayna xo

Ralph Henry said...

Not yet.

Unknown said...

The 068 part refers to intellectual property law, and Bureau is the French word for office. This was a series of political cartoon by a brilliant satirist named Côté. I hope that helps xo

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive