About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Sunday, December 20, 2015

SUNDAY NAUGHTY BITS #2558


One Of My Very Own…




(I would have put the quotation marks around "Just.")
 Three planets have been found 14 light-years away, circling the red dwarf Wolf 1061. One has an orbit compatible with liquid water – and potentially life – making it the closest undisputed planet to Earth in this category.

An M-type star with a quarter the Sun's mass and less than a hundredth its light, Wolf 1061 requires a small telescope to see. Even though the outermost planet has an orbit lasting 67.3 days (shorter than Mercury's), it receives less warmth than Mars. The innermost planet orbits in 4.9 days, and is far too hot for life.

>

>

>

A man from El Salvador who survived over an entire year lost at sea is reportedly being sued for $1 million over accusations he ate the other occupant of his boat. The grieving family of his shipmate, who died one way or the other on the ill-fated voyage, claims the survivor survived by cannibalizing his companion.

Am I the only one who would like to know what we taste like. It is a little disquieting knowing we are all edible.

>
You know you are in trouble when the name of your new initative is an impossibility. Something very similar happened in South Carolina with a goal to graduate every student. They used this argument: What percentage of planes falling out of the sky would you accept and most people would say 0%. They then applied that logic to highschool students. We should accept only 0% of non-graduation. Well, we could make a perfectly safe car. It would weigh as much as an Abrams tank and cost 11 million dollars. That logic works with the education argument. Can we afford to take unfortunate children and raise them in some state home where they will be taught one on one by a PhD in each subject. Of course not.


For your listening pleasure...
Marion Cotillard ( Edith Piaf ) - Non, je ne regrette rien



Today is the 100th anniversary of the birth of Edith Piaf, who died in 1963 at the too-young age of 48. The best way I know to celebrate her career is by offering a Youtube clip of the outstanding movie La Vie en Rose, for which Marion Cotillard won every conceivable "best actress" award.

The iconic scene from the movie is in the closing moments, when Piaf/Cotillard delivers the final public performance of her signature song:
 "Non, je ne regrette rien"
 - No, I regret nothing.



No, nothing of nothing
No! I don't feel sorry about anything
Not the good things people have done to me
Not the bad things, it's all the same to me.
No, nothing of nothing
No! I don't feel sorry about anything
It's paid for, removed, forgotten,
I'm happy of the past
With my memories
I lit up the fire
My troubles, my pleasures
I don't need them anymore
Broomed away my love stories
And all their tremble
Broomed away for always
I start again from zero
Non ! Je ne regrette rien
Ni le mal, tout ça m'est bien égal !
Non ! Je ne regrette rien
Because my life, my joys
Today, they begin with you.




AND NOW......LOTS AND LOTS OF
 NAUGHTY BITS!
























When Amazon mixes up his fleshlight order with a model of a stealth bomber















naked chick and pussy



No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive