About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Thursday, December 3, 2015

THURSDAY #2541

One Of My Very Own…



I think that the reason that surprised me is that we don't even hear about the mass murders that involve gangs...notice NY, Atlanta, Houston, LA, Chicago, Detroit.
But that is still a lot...to put it mildly.



>
The "child safeguarding" office of the London Borough of Camden sent parents a brochure listing warning-signs for "radicalization" (code for "incipient terrorist recruit"). Some signs: your kid objects to government policy, especially foreign policy; "mistrusts mainstream media reports" and switches their screen quickly when adults approach.

>

3 Bucks Lock Antlers In A Fight. One Falls Into The Pond And All 3 Drown

>

This gate is designed so anyone with a key to any one of 9 locks can open it without needing a key to any of the others.
Somebody please explain how that is possible. >

It’s beginning to look a lot like Xanax.

     Friedrich Nietzsche

>
MORE MURALS I CAN'T REMEMBER SEEING


I have posted this before, but it's about the best I've ever seen.

>

I used to think alcohol silenced the voices in my head until I realized it had just moved them to my mouth.


>
 I'm probably the only person in my bar who remembers what this is...


>
My family has been hand rolling tamales for as long as I can remember. Now my nephew has found a device to perfectly spread the dough onto the corn shuck.

Another nephew sent me his daughter's Christmas wish list...
He added the highlights. Clever child.

Speaking of kids...

>

The best thing about having imaginary friends is how loyal they are.


>
Back when we didn't need talkies...

>
I can remember seeing something like this when I was but a child...

>

My morning routine is sitting on my bed thinking about how tired I am.


>
Memory Foam?

>

When I hear a young man say he can't wait to get married so he can get all the sex he wants.


>
First time outside...

>

If you replace phrase “Americans think” with “Americans with landlines who answer unsolicited calls think” it all makes so much more sense.



>

>

You can tell a lot about a person by what they're willing to do during conjugal visits.


>

>
 Most Uncomfortable word in the English language.

I know I have told you that I have a bartender that hates that word. I had a talk with her about it and suggested that she had to have been taught to hate the word. A trusted aunt or a teacher or somebody put that seed in her head. She considered that but could not think back that far.
I mean, it's not like hating, say, squash. Squash has a taste and you don't like it. But a word is just a word. To defend her loathing she pointed out that it is, in fact, the most hated word in the English language. I countered that that reinforced my theory, in that the more people who hate it, the more people that can be infected with the malady.
Anybody know any more about that?

>

A childless person coined the phrase "Sleep like a baby."


 >

>
Ready for this time of year again?

I can't imagine living in a place like this.

>

Gift cards are another way of saying, don't spend this on weed.


>
Wait until the very end.

>

Does anyone ever spiral into control?


>

Matt Simmonds has carved some more boulders.
I find those remarkable.

>

My position on marijuana is slumped in a beanbag chair.


>
PHOTOGRAPHY

Lots of drama, but wouldn't it have been wonderful if he had positioned himself so that the person had a light spire coming out of the top of his head. The base of the lamps and the person being rather similar in shape. 

>
 This reminds me of a woman I know who told me of her drug dealing boyfriend bringing home a briefcase full of hundred dollar bills, emptying it out on the bed, then they had sex atop it.


>

Wave with cell phone lights...
Sweet.

>

Today I went to someone for my mental health…my bartender.


>
 I used to do shit like this to my children...

>

Bumper sticker promotes religious equality.
 You might want to look at that very, very carefully. I almost missed it.

>

Ring Clock


Scientists have created a clock that is believed to be able to predict the Cub's next World Series win with 99.9% accuracy.

>

There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse.
>

FUN WITH VEHICLES


Backing up a car that has no reverse gear...

Firetruck with two drivers...
My Uncle Ed used to be the rear driver. Meanest man I have ever met. 

I wonder what he did to piss this guy off...

Almost put this in the "People Not Like Us" file, but...

>

Jobs I'd be shit at:

-brain surgeon
-rocket scientist
-ventriloquist
-goat herder
-sober person thingy


>


2 comments:

MacGyver said...

That multi-lock gate bar is unique, but uncomplicated. While the photo conveys an initial impression that the bottom "bar" is solid, it is essentially a chain of individual links with each padlock connecting two links together. The rightmost half-link is fixed to the post, the leftmost L-shaped link is fixed to the upper sliding bar, and the intermediate links are free-floating and able to slide along the upper bar. Remove any one of the padlocks and its links will separate, allowing the upper bar to slide left.

An interesting post, as always. You start my day off right.

Ralph Henry said...

Thanks for you kind words and insight into the gate locks. I would have never figured that out.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive