About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

WEDNESDAY #2547


One Of My Very Own…




Ladies, he's coming for your sex aids next!

Said to be true.
I do like Bernie, but I know he will never be elected. Besides him I think John Kasich is the only one on the stage that has a handle on every problem we face. The guy is very likable and extremely intelligent....a rarity.
You might want to research this guy, and let me know if there are skeletons in his closet I don't know about.


>

 I'd like whatever Oprah was on when she gave each and every audience member a car.


>
This is an unstaged photo of a high stakes table in 1956.
 And they look right out of central casting. Or so I was told.

>
Caption: "Artist Artur Kashak paints graffiti depicting stormtroopers characters in Star Wars movies, on a wall of a building in central Moscow."

Graffiti? No, I think we can elevate this to full-fledged mural, don't you? Guy knows what he is doing.


>
And I will bet money there were some people who went in anyway.

>
 Remember your grandparents?
What if black people did this to your grandpa and grandma just because they were white. How long do you think it would take your family to forgive them? Please think about that when you come upon an angry young black person. They KNOW you didn't personally do the killing, but your white community profited by the land the dead left behind. That kind of shit sticks around for generations. They tell those stories over and over again at family gatherings. So let's cut those angry young black people a little slack.

>

The George Bush family in 1964
I don't remember hearing or seeing anything about those younger kids. Cousins?
I find it interesting that the elder Bush was a CIA spook and Putin was a KGB spook.

>
I stand in awe at the feet of such brilliance.
I really hope you are at a large enough screen to read how they accomplished such a feat.

Speaking of Romans...

Roman boots were made of several thicknesses of leather, studded with conical hobnails for marching over rough ground and using on the enemy when he had fallen. Plus, the metal studs on the soles helped prevent the leather wearing down quickly.


>
And they got away with this for decades...
The "scientific" bullshit that big tobacco pulled to avoid the truth is the exact "scientific" bullshit big oil is using to deny global warming. I know you heard a lot of crap from real scientists about how we are in a "normal" "cycle", but the trick is to look at the funding...who do those deniers work for? 97% (or so) of scientists without being paid for their opinions tell us we are in crisis. Take it for what it's worth.

>

These piles of spices at a market in Marrakesh are amazing.
 How the hell do they do that? And if someone wants to buy some of it, how to you scoop it out without it all collapsing? Or maybe it is just spice colored cone lids?
Opinions?

>
I stumbled upon a collection of: Photos by AMY STEIN.

My nephew did this sort of thing with deer, right off his porch.

When I saw this one my bullshit meter pegged, thinking that nobody in their right mind would take a photo with that child in such peril.

Then this one, and wondered who took the photo.

That's when I read the accompanying text.
"The photographs in this series are constructed based on real stories from local newspapers and oral histories of intentional and random interactions between humans and animals."


So they were staged.

>

The perfect roof for deep snow.
I'm a big fan of proper design, and can only assume they learned such a pitch through trial and error. But that doesn't deminish the brilliance.

>

The very first Incan Putt-putt course.
Not really.

 >
How nice.

>

They should really have disposable razors in the women's bathrooms at bars.


>
I wonder how this was done.
Was a huge slab carved and made part of the wall, or was a thinner slab carved and just attached to the existing wall? 

>
Why would wind not be immediately suspected? And further, how do you determine if a crevice in a canyon with just the right wind direction and velocity caused it, when measuring it would be almost impossible?

Every time I see something like this I think about our trips out west and how we saw such marvelous sights.

But if we went back now, there would surely be some changes.
The water is just...drying up. And, people, that's in a state that produces more produce than most countries.

>

The weatherman said it's nice outside. I guess they don't let him watch the rest of the news.


>

Why do they do that? 
"That's the way we've always done it." 
"And I'm teaching my son how to do it also."
Many years ago his tribe had to come up with a way to tell friend from foe from a great distance. Their method worked very well for generations. But in 2015 the tribes don't try to kill each other every month or so, therefore all that get-up is meaningless. They do it because that's the way they have always done it; and you know how I feel about that kind of thinking.
But there are still a whole bunch of Americans who still wear a certain size ribbon around their necks and all of them tied in the same knot. Doing otherwise would make you an oddball. But nobody remembers why they started doing it in the first place.

>

MURDERER: could a murderer do THIS? *defendant proceeds to not kill anyone*

JUDGE: he's got a point


>

Sigiriya, Sri Lanka: King Kasyapa's (477 – 495 AD) palace rock.
That looks like it is very easily defendable. And are we to assume it is still being cultivated?

>

10 movies that used the same exact set as other movies
Why not?

>

And then the devil said, "Tell her to calm down."


>

It's "I have a degree in Art History" Barbie..

>

This is the exact same reason why my wife stopped trying to do sexy.

>

Ah, schadenfreude.
Is schadenfreude supposed to be capitalized?

>

Indian Titanic

>

Can you aggressively skip to my Lou?


>
THINGS THAT HURT PEOPLE

My buddy the Marine medic in Vietnam had one of these, only it was sawed off.
He told me that he hated the Vietnam War so much that he joined the Navy...because of the draft. Upon graduating from basic training they lined them all up and asked every ninth man to step forward. Once done the drill sergeant announced, "Congratulations, you are now Marine Corp Medics. Get on the bus."

Holy Robin of Loxley! 
And his dad just stands downrange.

I've made many of these.
Find the right forked limb, cut old inter-tube with scissors, and use the tongue out of an old pair of shoes.

>
Never really understood this sort of thing...
I mean, how do you find out that you liked pain? I mean, do you one day hit your finger with a hammer and think...Wow! That's great!

Speaking of such things, please take the time to read all of this.
YET SMALL ENOUGH TO FIT COMFORTABLY IN YOUR ANUS.

>

There are directions with pictures on my underarm deodorant. Let that sink in.


>
I like that very much. Our mind can decipher those in a glance.

>
Girl on sidewalk stopping at vehicular stoplight.

I guarantee you this is the type person who would never remove one of my key packets stamped DO NOT REMOVE.


>
I've never seen my wife walk into any room without acting like she owns the place. Just another thing I love about her. And she always pulls it off. Before she leaves everybody knows her name...and I smile.

>
Be careful, my friend, be very, very careful...

>

I don't get laid nearly enough for someone who can name every quarterback who ever played for the Green Bay Packers.


>

>
I completely disagree.
From everything I have read they want to usher in the last grand battle between good and evil, and as hard as it might be to logically explain, they think they are on the side of good.

>

>

Mother Nature likes to keep my ego in check. She's really good at that.


>
I have mixed feelings about that. Sure I like our constitution, but nothing is perfect, and we have already tweaked it...think slavery and women voting to name only two. But those were mighty battles and took decades. But, as with the relatively quick acceptance of gay marriage has shown that change is taking less time. But even with that said, we need to be very, very careful with faddish tweaks.

1 comment:

JR said...

As for cutting the young black some slack. I was called a “Damn Cracker” multiple times yesterday for daring to follow the rules where she thought she had some owned right to circumvent the process. I am white, she black. This bothered me for a bit as I’ve never been called a Nigger to my face (Cracker is to white as Nigger is to a black).

Then I realized she was just trash. The venom in her tone (with a younger black daughter or granddaughter in the passenger seat) is very telling and supports what you say about telling stories for generations. I work in an area demographically dark. Now when I enter that environment, I see real hatred directed at me every day based on the color of my skin. This is a recent development. Sad that.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive