About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Monday, January 4, 2016

MONDAY #2573

One Of My Very Own…





 >
Interesting twist...

The Houston Chronicle is reporting that a Houston man was arrested in connection with what looks like an arson attack at a mosque on Christmas Day, but the motive for the crime is still unclear as the suspect of the fire claims he was a regular at the mosque. Is this a fake hate crime? Mosque officials claim to ‘not know’ the man who prayed there 5 times a day, 7 days a week for the past 5 years.

>



From alert viewer and good friend:

You mentioned that one must be very careful in pronouncing the word chair when in Japan lest it gets mispronounced into testicles.
When my brother first started dating a Greek girl, my Daddy tried to  study up on the language so that when she came for her first visit he could "show off" for her. When she came into out home he said something to her, thinking he had said she was welcome and that she was a very pretty girl. She looked askance at him ( and my brother) and asked why  my Daddy had called her a big fat cheese.
From that day forward I never tried to speak another language unless I was very sure about my verbiage and pronunciation.
My only similar story was when my German girlfriend became angry with me and I said, “You’re mad. Don’t be mad.” She went nuts. Finally her girlfriend told me that everyone thought "mad" meant "crazy."


>
 He looks so......normal...

>
This isn't even funny. Nobody in their right mind would do that as a joke.

>

FYI Don't make snow angels in a dog park.


>
Look very carefully...

Halftime at the first Super Bowl (1967)

 Oh, how times have changed.

>
Speaking of...

>
Want to guess what this is? It's about as big as the head of my dick.

 17th-Century Falcon's Hood

>
????


>
Any of you farmers want to explain this to me?

>

I think that the safety in football should be officially renamed “Clusterfuck.”


>
It's not stupid if it works.


>


You're good enough, you're smart enough, and doggone it, people like you, probably.


>

>
How odd.

>
These are the "walking palm trees" of Ecuador. Each year, they walk as much as 20 meters. 

As the soil erodes, the tree grows new, long roots that find new and more solid ground, sometimes up to 20m, then, slowly, as the roots settle in the new soil and the tree bends patiently toward the new roots, the old roots slowly lift into the air. The whole process for the tree to relocate to a new place with better sunlight and more solid ground can take a couple of years. The Biosphere Reserve where they live is being chopped down.


>


Now imagine what would have happened if the perp had been black...

>
I get how the camera's "shutter speed" can capture that, but tracking it must have been a bear.

>
I admire people who notice stuff like this.

>


When people say you have a good head on your shoulders they probably mean on your neck. 


>
And...

 >
The dog on the right is my spirit animal...
 But some people don't like dogs as much as other people...

>
The Germans were very good at designing things.

>
Least given names in these years.
 So, apparently we (moderns) didn't invent stupid names.

>

>
HEADLINES:



She did that to punish a young child who was not performing well in school.
A quote from the article: The lady told investigators she wanted to feed the bird to her dog, "as he's been wanting to eat it for a while."


>

>
I'm emptying my Naughty Bits file...wife doesn't like it. Here's some salvage...
And you all know you were once young enough to have sex on that mattress.


That must have had a sale at Hoe's Depot...

Of course it is, Honey...


Can you imagine a situation where saying this would be appropriate?

>

>
If you have a couple of minutes to spare, I thoroughly enjoyed this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRhjWdr-LAA&feature=youtu.be

>

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The photo showing Biden with a handgun, the barrel of which is inserted into a woman's mouth, is a digital manipulation. The original photo was taken on September 2, 2008, while Biden was on the campaign trail in Deerfield Beach, Florida. That photo showed Biden engaged in a conversation with a woman wearing a "Seniors for Obama" sticker, with Biden pointing his finger toward the lady. In February 2009, a website that features a weekly Photoshop contest displayed the altered version of the original photo. It had replaced Biden's finger with the handgun. This old hoax photo is gaining traction again, showing up on Conservative websites, as well as Facebook."

JimR said...

Sorry, trees don't walk. From one of several websites, "...the belief of the walking palm is just a myth," Avalos told Life's Little Mysteries."Thinking that a palm tree could actually track canopy light changes by moving slowly over the forest floor … is a myth that tourist guides find amusing to tell visitors to the rainforest."

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive