About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

TUESDAY #2635

One Of My Very Own…

ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com 




I bought a brand new computer and hope that it will solve the many problems I’ve been having.

Ray Tomlinson, the creator of email, has died - he was literally someone who changed the world.
And implementer of the Universal @ Sign Protocol. I think we ought to rename @ a Tomlinson.






>
What if the air was full of food like an aquarium?

>
Sadly, in almost every classroom there are children that demand the vast majority of the teacher's time. We educators call these children assholes. 

>
Target stores across the U.S. are adding a new type of cart to their stores that will make shopping easier for those with kids or adults with special needs. The carts, which are called Caroline’s Carts, are a new option in addition to the traditional shopping cart and will be in stores nationwide starting March 19.

>
Fish are the stupidest animal. What other animal would just die if you feed it too much?


….-<{o0O0o}>-….


PEOPLE WHO ARE GOOD AT WHAT THEY DO



This is a single noodle.




>

Drinking Bloody Marys is as close to a juice cleanse as I’ll ever get.

>
On a small clearing in the woods, on the grounds of the Springhornhof, a museum of site-specific outdoor sculpture, in Neuenkirchen, Germany, lies an inconspicuous-looking boulder. 
There are no signs on the stone or plaques nearby to draw your attention, but you may notice that one end of the rock is covered in black soot. Someone has been trying to light it on fire. But why?
The 1.5-ton boulder is actually a work of art called “Keepalive” by Aram Bartholl. It’s a real boulder, alright, but modified to hide a Wi-Fi router inside that is powered by a thermoelectric generator which converts heat directly into electricity. Visitors are invited to make a fire next to the boulder to power up the router in the stone. Once the router is up and transmitting, visitors can connect to it with their smartphone and browse or download a collection of PDF survival guides ranging from the useless to the bizarre.

There is a Youtube video about how he did it if you are interested.

>
Whiskey probably won’t help, but it’s worth a shot.

>
Those zany primates…


>
I just realized why they call it “The Mall.” Instead of going to one store just go to “Them All.” Them all = the mall. Clever.

>
Pluto


>
The earliest recipes on record come from Mesopotamia (the site of modern-day Iraq, Iran, and Syria).
They are written in cuneiform on three stone tablets, approximately 4,000 years old, offering a tantalizing glimpse of how the Mesopotamians might have cooked. The vast majority of the recipes are for pot cooking, most of them for broths and court bouillons. “Assemble all the ingredients in the pot” is a frequent instruction.

>

>
Some of you should not be allowed to procreate and if you have to google what procreate means, then I’m talking about you in particular.

>
Stare at the image for about 15 seconds. You should see a giraffe. Give it a try.
I’m sorry. I fell for it, and I didn’t want to be the only one.


>
The Moon's Surface in True Color and High Resolution from China's Yutu Rover.
After that brief description came the words:

Who in their right mind would call that boring.

>
We have all had the exact same reaction to a screw-up.

>
I read an article about a woman that transitioned to a man and wanted to become the diversity officer of a university. She was then unqualified for the job because she was considered a, "straight white male."

>
It's no secret that "resisting arrest" is the go-to excuse for violence committed against suspects by corrupt cops -- it's practically a running gag. But if the NYPD Police Commissioner gets his way, resisting arrest will offer near-perfect impunity to his force's most violent and sleazy officers, who will be able to threaten anyone who complains about gratuitous violence during arrests with long prison sentences and felony records.

>
I think this would be a good idea, but who needs a law to force it?
Why not the CPR people provide a technical advisor for every movie using the technique?
But what about using your turn signal, not littering, or not speeding down a city street.

>
 In my ongoing quest to understand modern young people and their poorness, I can only remember how I dealt with it.
 Every single young person say they MUST have a cellphone. When I tell them I have a good notion of what they use their phone for, and those things are not a matter of life or death.
Further, hardly any of them use cash.
 They really have no way of knowing how much money they are spending during a night out; well, not until they check their balance. It may be old fashion, but if you determined ahead of time what an acceptable amount of money to spend and had it in cash, when it ran out you go home. It's really that simple.

>
 

>
People do this much more often than I would have imagined.
The worse thing I've ever done was setting my newspaper on fire from the anti-mosquito candle on the table.

>
Here’s another cartoon I need help with. I just don’t get it.

I’m not sure I get that cartoon.

….-<{o0O0o}>-….
WAR FROM THE LENS OF THE 
NORTH VIETNAM CAMERA


Abandoned uniforms of deserting South Vietnamese soldiers.

Activists meet in the Nam Can forest, wearing masks to hide their identities from one another in case of capture and interrogation.

High tech…

…vs low tech.

Speaking of war…
It didn’t take long for the Americans to recognize the benefits of camo garb that they had seen employed by the Germans. So they gave it a shot…no pun intended.
Unfortunately, the new GIs wearing the camo were shot by their own forces. The old vets had been so used to shooting anything in a camo uniform that they did it by reflex.

>
Been a long time since I’ve shown you one of these.
I see many of them in my ride down the internet highway, but very few are worthy of your perusal.

>
People are still doing this.
Apparently, anything you select has a corresponding similar graph.

>
Strict parents raise the best liars.

>
Our government doesn’t work, not because we have dysfunctional politicians, but because we have dysfunctional voters. As a scientist and educator, my goal, then, is not to become President and lead a dysfunctional electorate, but to enlighten the electorate so they might choose the right leaders in the first place.
 - Neil deGrasse Tyson


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive