About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

SATURDAY #2736

One Of My Very Own…

I actually had a young woman who might...might have gotten out of high school tell me that she didn't have boyfriends because the men in this town couldn't handle her intellect. I but nodded.


ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com



Yesterday I gave two goals to Turkey before the game even started and took Spain. Giving two goals in any soccer match is risky, but Spain won 3-0 and I won every bet.
>

The other day a thunderstorm knocked out electricity and it occurred to me that with all this technology the weak link in the whole system was wires that are strung between huge wooden poles just like they were during the Civil War.

>


I've been thinking a lot about these problems.
I think humans have a "other gene" that compels them to be suspect of anything they aren't. It doesn't matter what it is, if it is other than what you, yourself, do or believe, then it is wrong. Religion is a perfect example, but it goes deeper than that. Most people think their country is the best country. Their skin color is the most beautiful. The way they use their dicks is the right way.
Somehow, I've gotten over all that...most of it anyway. And if I, a dyed in the wool, Southern raised, white male can do it, so can you. Black people are not bad. Mexicans are not bad. Muslims are not bad. Just get out there and get to know them...it's really that simple.

With that said, take a look at this again.

The same logic must control both arguments. Otherwise you have loaded the discussion from the start and it makes no sense.

One of my favorite tunes...


>
If I learned anything from Peter Pan, it's that it's a bad idea to leave your dog to watch my kids while you go out and party.

>


>
"My god is the best god."
"No way."
"Yahweh."

>
There's a place to work, and a place to live.

That reminds me of the villages around the Great Pyramids and such. I will state again, there is nothing better than living in town, near where you work...even if the people there are not your color or nationality of origin. It's what America does.

>
Awkward phrasing...


>
I ran across sever pictures of places during WWII and present.


I actually stood exactly where Hitler stood for this photo.


>
For Aaron...


>
Note to the 82 year old widow who won the Powerball jackpot last night: Sup, girl?

>
Very sensitive...


>
For when theres a T-rex getting out of its paddock on a Central American Island and you're in Texas.


Speaking of firearms...




>
This tire tells you when it needs to be replaced...


>
ART THINGS

This is Cadillac Ranch and it is very famous.


My knee jerk reaction was to get pissed off because of the graffiti.


But then it occurred to me that it was made not for mere viewing, but to be interacted with.


That is exactly the way I feel about my little installations. The real art is how people deal with them.


I am a very big fan of the use of stencils.


They are fast and relatively easy and can be tweaked in the studio instead on the street.


I have often recommended stencils to fat letter graffiti artists, and some took my advice, resulting in a vast increase in the quality of their work.


Stencil overlaid on stencils can even produce multiple colors.


>
Some facts about other countries.




These are some of the oldest businesses in the world.







That last company developed a unique metal alloy to make its simbles that is still secret today.

>


Speaking of such things...


>




>
The fragility of the human body...

He was slapped by a pissed off volleyball player.




>
LET'S EXPLORE FACIAL EXPRESSIONS WORTH YOUR TIME


That is exactly what my high school girl friend and I looked like when her mother caught us.


Pud Galvin, baseball's first 300-game winner, may be the sport's first PED user. He admitted to drinking an elixir containing monkey testosterone in 1889.



That moment he realized he was not on the internet anymore.


Oh, my...


Just normal people having fun over dinner...




When I just finished my final exam for the semester, and I overhear my classmates discussing the "essay question on the back of the last sheet"...

I still have nightmares about such things.

>
I just want to be rich enough to say "That won't be necessary" when the police go to handcuff me.

>



My local combination gas station and quick mart wanted to add a liquor store but was refused a license because it was a few feet too close to a church. Now you talk to me about separation of church and state.

And don't even think of offering some lame excuse like "Well, he can just open it down the street." He owns the property and no one has the right to tell him what he can and can not do with it. So, let's turn it around. No church can be built within several hundred feet of a liquor store, or better yet, a declared atheist.


"Every day this site strays further from God's light."

No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive