About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Monday, July 18, 2016

MONDAY #2765

One Of My Very Own…

That sounds just like something my wife would say. And with that said, I want to take this opportunity to tell you about my wife's humor. She is without a doubt the funniest human being I have ever met. And I mean that. You have no idea how much time we spend together laughing. And that, Gentle Reader, is a very good thing.



ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com








>





>
This is what your army can do to your capital city if it just takes a mind to.


Pro-Erdogan Islamists torture and lynch surrendered coup soldiers under police supervision.










>


>
Rio de Janeiro, the city hosting the 2016 summer olympics, has, on a daily basis, 16 murders.
A new medal event - Getting out of Rio alive.

This has disaster written all over it.


>


>
I have tried many times to forget about the Alamo, but to no avail.


>

PHOTOGRAPHY






Capturing a moment in time, photography is a great hobby or art form.
I was once a long lens guy. I could capture people being natural without them even noticing they were being photographed.

>
Bread is, hands down, man's greatest achievement.

In another life I must have been a baker.

>
Logic need not apply...

If you ask your pastor that question and he tells you that you must not question anything in the bible, then you need a new pastor. It is our nature to question everything and anyone demanding that you do otherwise will steal your humanity.

>
You old enough to remember this?

Comic books were good, but Mad Magazine was great.

>
Want to give your artistic kids a kick start?

Only give them a pallet of blue, yellow, red, black and white and forbid them to use them right out of the jar. Make them mix every color they use.
Use a Styrofoam egg carton to hold the colors and a paper plate to use as a pallet. You will notice the elevation in quality immediately, unless you have one of those really stupid kids.

>


>
In Alabama we rank 49th in education. I wonder who got forty-tenth.

>
I covet this thing...


>
Public art statement...


>
The way it used to look...

That must have been very, very impressive.


>
Looking for a ghetto full of white people? They are called trailer parks.
(When one of my new young friends says something especially stupid, I asked them if they were raised in a trailer park.)

>

I posted that just for Vincent and Mona.

>

>
Anytime I get something stuck in my throat, I drink some beer. I call this the Heineken maneuver.

>


I sometimes think back on the number of beautiful women who have seen me naked and weren't repulsed.

I am thankful to each and every one of them for our time together.
But if I have learned anything, this is it...


>
I've always wanted to do this...


>
When folks unfollow me shortly after they've followed me I just figure they sobered up.

>


>
Need a hobby? Developing your own film is great. I loved everything about it.

I know it's old fashion, but watching that image just appear is like alchemy.

>
Game of Thorn funnies...








>

But, of course, gun sales are way up. That means people who own guns are buying more of them.
Here's an interesting slant on the debate...

How very insightful.


>
Have you ever used the birthday money from your grandma to pay for a session with your dominatrix?

>


>
Never ever give up...


>
You ever pulled a used large popcorn bucket out of the trash at the movie then went to get the free refill? Why not?

>


>
Which face is male and which is female?

They are the same androgynous face.
So, is it just the lighting?

>
There isn't enough money to get me to do this...


>
Have you ever slipped the tip off the next table onto your table just because you're that big an asshole?

>

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>


>
Magic trick gone terribly wrong...

Notice spike.
And then...HE HAS TO PULL IT OUT OF HER HAND!!!!

Now go back and study each of their individual reactions...guy on the left thinks it's funny! Magician guy has the biggest on camera "Oh shit" I've ever seen. Then the volunteer lady looks like she screamed Polish profanities to everyone involved.
I wonder how a magician like that gets insurance.

But don't his hair look freaky.

>

Fuck orphans. Time to grow up and realize that life is far, far from fair.


>
No need to bother about Skynet taking over the world anytime soon.

But don't its battery pack fit nice.


>
Nice graphic...


>
Death Is The Poor Man's Doctor.

>



You decide...


Or this...

I sometimes make fun of people who, in my opinion, are over-sensitive. But I also realize that I am a white male American, which puts me in the upper one percent in the good to be born lottery.

I never had to worry about being turned down for an apartment because of my skin color. I was never shunned because of my sexuality. I see people like me all over the media...all the time, including movies, news, magazines, etc.
Some people have very legit complaints that really need to be addressed. I came to terms years ago that I should not have it my way all the time.
I think about your guys often. I mentioned it before. I wonder why you spend time with me each day. I give you (or try to give you) a variety of things each day to educate or amuse you, but my main gift is my honesty. I am an old man who has seen a lot and that gives me no license to assume I'm right, but I have never given up learning. Let's learn together. My email is listed in every post. You have an opinion, please let me know. I really appreciate it.

No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive