About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Friday, September 2, 2016

FRIDAY #2811

One Of My Very Own…


Not One Of My Very Own…



EMAIL
ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com
KEY PACKET TUTORIAL
http://folioolio.blogspot.com/2015/07/key-packet-tutorial.html

I have a lot of money on Vandy tonight against my Gamecocks. We shall see.


>
I knew a guy in school, Ray Pierre. Wittiest guy I ever met.

>
The most powerful rocket engine ever built (Wernher von Braun for scale)

The Rocketdyne F-1 is a gas-generator cycle rocket engine developed in the late 1950s and used in the Saturn V moon rocket. Despite being so old, the F-1 is still the most powerful single-combustion chamber liquid-propellant rocket engine ever developed.

>
PEOPLE MISBEHAVING

Guy took his car in because it kept making a ringing noise...

And I bet he knew exactly who did it...we all have that one friend.

By the way, I use a ziptie to hang an extra key under my car...hard to see, easy to remove.



Crime and Punishment



I'm not sure is this woman is misbehaving or not; I can't see her other hand...

>
HOT SINGLE GRANNIES IN YOUR AREA WANT YOU TO LOOK AT HOW TALL YOU'VE GOTTEN.

>
ELECTRICITY

Electricity done right...

The wire had been turned off, double checked, then triple checked, yet he still wants to test it. Notice he touched it with the back of his fingers so had it been live, his fingers wouldn't curl around it.

Electricity done wrong...

This is the guy who makes hilarious "educational" videos and hurts himself every single time...sometimes more than once.

What a wonderful idea.

I read a silly thing that said "All I'm saying is if the toilet still flushes when the power and gas goes out, why don't we run more things on toilet power?" During emergencies when all the power is down, the water does still run; so why don't we just place that device under the spigot...or downspout during rain.
Also, I would like to see the wire run up the anchoring line so I could just leave the generator in the water spinning and recharge on the shore.

>
I would just like to tell all the people who do these things that I truly appreciate it.

>

And let's revisit the bra...

Interesting comment left on FO by a good friend:
"Bras are very uncomfortable and I wear one every day in public. Why? Try to imagine that half of the human race what's to take something from you that you don't want to give, and they may try to take it violently from you. That principle informs every decision you make. If I go braless then most of my energy is spent fending off unwanted attention that could escalate to my death. Life is battle enough. How many things do you do every day not to be raped? Every woman you know can immediately answer that question, at length. You can only imagine it."
Any of you nice people want to comment on that?
>
"Well, goddamnit, son, when I was your age I paid for school with a part time job."

As I've stated often, I am very sympathetic to the young people struggling to stay in school, but there is a dark side.
Columbia is typical college town, and in the last few years dozens of new private student housing complexes have opened. They try to lure the students with pools, gyms, huge laundries, free shuttle buses, etc. And they are very expensive. We allow 18, 19 year old kids to borrow enough money to buy a modest house with no collateral and no co-signer; thus is the power of the federal government. No one ever bothered to figure out if these kids are mature enough to even understand that kind of debt.
So, they borrow $50,000 a year, live extremely high on the hog for 4 or 5 years and face the consequences later.

>
I hope this is true...


That is suppose to be why the cuts don't bleed...


>
When my wife begins a conversation with, "Now, you have to promise not to freak out, but...", I just prepare myself very much like this.


>
My source didn't say what the brandname was, but these look like at least a good camp shoe...



>
This is just another reason that when someone asks me how I am, I say "Just great", "Top of my game, thanks", "I've never been better in my life," or "Just another day in Paradise."

>
Exercising for just 10 minutes a day raises your risk of posting inspirational quotes by 90%.

>
MILITARY MATTERS

I put out mixed feelings about the military. I think that most of the wars we have fought were completely unnecessary. There are many factors contributing to that, but one of them is not the American GI.

Yet the planes still drop bombs and the drones still fire missiles. And people continue to die...needlessly.

The title of this photo is: "Late Night War Nostalgia with your host StrayBullet."


The M65 Atomic Cannon, often called Atomic Annie, was a towed artillery piece built by the United States and capable of firing a nuclear device.

It was developed in the early 1950s, at the beginning of the Cold War, and fielded by 1953 in Europe and Korea.
The Atomic Cannon, at 280 mm, was the largest nuclear capable mobile artillery piece manufactured.

On May 25, 1953, a 280 mm cannon fired an atomic projectile a distance of 7 miles at the Nevada Test Site. Twenty 280 mm cannons were manufactured. None were used in battle.


(Thank god, otherwise we'd all be speaking Cockroach now.)




>
My buddy was telling me the meaning behind the star in the serial number of a US bill, so I asked the people around us to check all their bills. Only the guy telling the story had one and he was flabbergasted.

Tonight I won a bet from him and he had to get change from the register and one was the one above. I, the dollar bill expert, have never had one and I check every one I get. Anyway, here is what it means:
This star represents what is known as a replacement note. When a printing error occurs during a normal press run and renders a set of bills unusable, replacement notes are used instead. With replacements notes, a set of serial numbers can still have the proper number of bills even if some of the original bills had to be pulled.

>
SOME PEOPLE HAVE MORE FUN WITH LANGUAGE THAN OTHERS




(that is not a typo)


That person should have become an artist, cause play is all we do.





No bragging, but I have been known to say some pretty fucking funny things, and this reminds me perfectly of one of them.

During one of our extended roadtrips, my wife and I were in one of those small Nevada towns know for its Houses of Prostitution. In a restaurant that night we both looked over the menu and when we ordered we discovered that we both, independently, decided to eat the same thing. I exclaimed to the waitress, "Good God! That the first time we have agreed on anything since I drug her ass out of that bordello back in '85."
A good time was had by all.
Then I ran across the image above. What are the odds?

>
The upside of a prostitute dying on you is that the second hour is free.

>

THE ASSHOLES AMONG US


Can we make a slight change in the death penalty laws?


A comment said this: This author has already been discredited for falsifying information on numerous accounts.
Make of it what you will, but remember, the bible has some freaky shit in it also, and that don't mean Christians or Jews stone people who work on Sunday...not anymore anyway.

>
When you lie on your resume and still get the job.


>
From time to time I like to remind all you good people just how easy it is to die.
Of course, sometimes you are just lucky...


>
I might as well confess to all you commenters. I haven't really had sex with all your mothers.

>

NASA just announced that any published research funded by the space agency will now be available at no cost, launching a new public web portal that anybody can access.
Pretty fricken slick, eh? Link to article:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/funder/nasa/
I wonder if I can find anything done by my daughter.
>
Men don't know what it's like to give birth but women don't know what it's like to have children you may not be aware of. Let's call it even.

>



This whole argument is just so silly. Let's at least agree that the bible could not, has never been and will never be PERFECT. At least it's a place to start...


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive