About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Sunday, September 18, 2016

SUNDAY #2827

One Of My Very Own…

I just bet he would, too.


EMAIL
ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com
KEY PACKET TUTORIAL
http://folioolio.blogspot.com/2015/07/key-packet-tutorial.html




Today a court in London okayed the extradition of a British hacker with autism to the United States, where he will face trial for breaking into high-security U.S. government computers.
(and my daughter would point out immediately, he will be hired by the NSA as soon as he is found guilty)



>

The largely tax-free religion industry is one of the biggest in America, worth $1.2 trillion/year, a number that includes religious "healthcare facilities, schools, daycare and charities; media; businesses with faith backgrounds; the kosher and halal food markets; social and philanthropic programmes; and staff and overheads for congregations."

>

New York City council member Ritchie Torres wants to know how much cash NYPD seizes every from citizens every year using using civil asset forfeiture, so he introduced legislation requiring annual reports from NYPD. But NYPD said at a hearing that the bill shouldn't be allowed to pass because NYPD's computers will crash if they attempt to generate the reports. Sounds legit!
- You don't want to get me started on the topic of civil forfeiture. When you allow a law enforcement tool to be used to FUND your police department, you KNOW it will be abused.



>
I was trying on shoes at Goodwill and another customer tried on my shoes. Don't know how I feel about that.




>
THINGS WOMEN DO OR DID
Exécution de Mata Hari


Woodstock because why the fuck not...

Your grandparents did that. What have you done today?
Of course, the drugs helped...


It was a very optimistic time. The anti-establishment was tied directly to the anti-war...Vietnam. And eventually the young people WON!


Then many (most?) of those exact same people turned a blind eye for invading Iraq. How do people do that? How do they protest a stupid war when they may have to go, but support a stupid war when they are no longer vulnerable?
All I remember is what I heard about the great sex.


Of course, I was in Europe mending nuclear weapons....and getting naked in the woods with any girl who agreed.

Reminds me of a NASCAR infield.


That took me longer than it should have.


Sorry, ladies, but the game is fixed and it always has been.





Good thing we fuck a lot, else we'd be extinct.

Seriously, where did that child go. I have no clue of her possible demise.


Technically true, but "From 1950 to 1978, at a time when forecasts weren’t as good, hurricanes 
were only assigned female names."


Sorry, ladies, but rules are rules, so shut the fuck up like god told you...or stop believing that crap. Whatever.

>
THINGS THAT GUYS DO OR DID
I will guarantee that the guy in the red helmet owns the bike.

But I must admit, I've done shit like that before.


I don't think so.

I wasn't sure whether to put this in the women or men's section...


GAY SEX: You're doing it wrong...


>
What's black and screams? Stevie Wonder answering the iron.

>
THINGS THAT IMPRESS ME
We've all seen log cabins, but look at the size of those "logs"...


This is the worlds hardest sudoku puzzle


On the difficulty scale by which most sudoku grids are graded, with one star signifying the simplest and five stars the hardest, this puzzle would score an eleven.

Look at this carefully...


This is a close-up of the pile of sand...


Now compare it to this...


>
One day soon there will be a cheap, framed screen that you can program with things like this, then hang it on your wall.

I will be one of the first people to buy one.

>
This is made of chalk...

I find that extraordinary.

Traditional method of peat cutting in Ireland.

And that shit BURNS!
But look at those clearly defined bands.
Now think back at the first guy who found out that it burned. What the hell was he thinking?

>
An example of the Camera Obscura Effect




And if you think artists didn't use this knowledge, you are poorly informed. That is why so many of the figures in old paintings are left handed...the image is reversed.

>


Now let's zoom in on the small print...

Funny people are wonderful.

>


>
This is how the Fokker prevented pilots from shooting off their own propellers during WWI.


That at a time when most people in the world were still riding horses.

>
You won't believe this shit...

After suing and losing, survivors of the 2012 Colorado movie theater attack will have to pay the Cinemark chain $700,000 for legal fees, due to a Colorado law that allows the winning side of a civil case to seek costs.

>






Okay, enough with the silliness...


Have you believers ever thought about how much of the stuff you believe that you know very little about?

Oh, I don't mean memorizing verses and such, I mean basic questions like:

What does the devil look like? Or does he even have a physical form. Do you know for sure?

What are you going to do all day in Heaven? Do you sleep? Eat? Sing?

What did god do when he rested on the seventh day? And where?

Anyway, here's something to close on...


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive