About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

LOTS OF PHOTOGRAPHY WEDNESDAY #2950

One Of My Very Own...

I'm going to try centering my posts. Please let me know how that works for you.


HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE
I've vowed to post this at least once a year. This is the 11 minute version.


Let's get the political crap out of the way first...




>
The feature, observed by a Japanese spacecraft, is thought to be generated in a broadly similar way to the surface ripples that form as water flows over rocks on a stream bed. In this case, the wave is thought to form as the lower atmosphere flows over mountains on Venus' surface.

>
Think Reginald Denny.

>

>
Found out about this guy.
Those were tear gas pellets bouncing off him. It was during a riot caused by some college losing a game. He is a bit of a local hero.

>

>
This is(was) Lady Chablis. He had a role in The Garden of Good and Evil. She is a transvestite and a great friend of my wife's. I respect her - both wife and Lady Chablis - very much.
This from a loyal reader who disagreed with yesterday's post:
"I personally see it differently than you do: the brain determines a person's truth more than the physical world does, and I believe in honoring their truth. Does it hurt me to give someone that much respect?"

Here's what the dictionary has to say about it.
Definition of transvestite
: a person who wears clothes designed for the opposite sex : a cross-dresser <An older term for crossdresser is transvestite. Crossdressers often dress only in certain situations. They do not usually identify as transgender—most identify as straight men.

I do not like using the absurd to weaken an opponent's argument, but I can't help it. If you look around a little bit, you can find people whose brain tells them they are Jesus Christ. All I'm saying is, that proves nothing. The person either is or is not Jesus Christ no matter what their brains tell them.
I vote to give everyone on Earth respect whether I agree with them or not. They can wear whatever clothes they want, do whatever they want with their genitalia to whoever they want. But you can't put on a dog mask and expect people to believe you are, in fact, a dog. You are a man whose mind tells him that he is a dog. If I wear patin leather shoes, a curly blond wig and a cute uniform I do not - in fact - BECOME an English school girl.
Question: Does the leash, dog collar, lapping up food and water + his brain thinking he is make this man a dog?
I just don't think so. I think what we are looking at is a man pretending to be a dog.


>
Now go do that voodoo that you do so well.

CAPTIONS MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER




I read about that and thought it interesting. 
We all know that patting a baby on the back calms it down because it simulates the mother's heartbeat in utero. Then later when your child accomplishes something we pat it on the back which should also still be comforting. So if a person is far away, say on stage, and you would like to pat them on their back, you simulate it by holding your hands up and mimicking that primal pat on the back.


Then after laughing for a while, this...

PHOTOGRAPHY


One of several examples of Accidental Renaissance...


Blackfoot Indians atop a Hotel in Downtown New York City in 1915




Photographers with their most iconic photo
My hero.

And lastly, this. What to guess what that is?
When the kid was 7 years old he insisted on being allowed in the photo booth alone. It is now a cherished family relic.

WAR AND WARRIORS


If I learned anything from hanging out at the American Legion for years, it was true warriors DO NOT talk about their exploits.
When two real ex-warriors are together and hear someone bragging about what they went through in a war, they just look at each other...knowing it's bullshit.

If there is any decisive element in every war, it is which side has the well trained warriors.
You hear it over and over; "And then our training kicked in."
But just imagine, those are just the tracers that you see. Those are put into the belt every 4-5 rounds. So there's that many bullets in between.
I read about a WWII pilot that had all his tracer rounds removed. Why? Because those streaks flashing over the enemy's cockpit would worn an enemy pilot that he was under attack.

And I know you've seen this before, but it still awes me...
Nevada nuclear test sites 

GOOD IDEAS



I hung out in a bar in German that had a small lamp on every table. On top of the lamp was a turning device that you could change from red to green. Green meant you were okay; Red meant you needed service. Very efficient system.
Another bar had enclosed booths with a ceiling to floor curtain on the open side. If you needed service you opened the curtain, otherwise nobody fucked with you. But I know for a fact that there was some fucking going on in the booth. 


I would so do that.

Or up.
---
How Saint Louis arch elevator works


How Atheist soldiers are buried
 A picture of an atom. Perfect.

A CORNUCOPIA OF THINGS TO 
TALK ABOUT

If it works, it works..
And if I'm not mistaken that  is very low voltage.
---
These people take their work very seriously...
I went with no graphic templates for Folio Olio because I didn't want any distractions. Early on I got a comment that chided: Love your graphic, dude.
---
Remember fellas, when you first meet a girl, alway compliment their shoes. Trust me.
Girls take their shoes very, very seriously.
---
---
Penny left on Mars
Or so I'm told.
---
Help me figure this out...

>
A couple of plane gags...


>
My wife's housekeeping style is best described as 'there appears to have been a struggle.'

ORDINARY PEOPLE DOING EXTRAORDINARY THINGS

Kali Akuno, an organizer with Cooperation Jackson and the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement talks about the first stirrings of the mass-scale civil disobedience we must practice to resist "trumpism."
---
---
---
---
Some one agrees with me and expresses himself much better than I...
---
One of the earliest image I've posted on Folio Olio...
Context, damnit! I want context.

>
Is there a difference between awoke and awakened, or are they interchangeable?

>

I watched a movie about some teenagers who had wings and could fly.
I just shook my head realizing that humans don't have huge chest muscles to flap the wings.
Then I thought about all those millions of people who think angles have wings and fly about.
Of course I put angles in the exact category I put fairies...



1 comment:

Robin said...

Someone needs a calculator, 365 divided by thirteen is 28.07692307692308 or so :) Since it isn't an exact division those part days would have to be included somehow.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive