About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Monday, March 6, 2017

MONDAY #2997

One Of My Very Own...




Crying - Roy Orbison



===


<>
Always go into a job interview high so they'll never be able to tell the difference in the future.


ART AND PHOTOGRAPHY 






Two photographs that elicit emotions...


<>
6yo has two pregnant Barbies and one Ken doll. You could cut the tension in the Barbie camper with a tiny stiletto.


THINGS I DIDN'T KNOW YESTERDAY

Mongolian armored boots, 15th to 16th c, leather and iron. 

===
The world's most fuel efficient, double aisle airplane.
The Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner built from fabrication to final assembly in Charleston, South Carolina.
I find it quite inspiring to see where Boeing has come from their start over a century ago. They have led the aerospace industry and are constantly pushing the boundaries with flight.

===

===
Water-alcohol mix on oil bursting into thousands of tiny droplets.

===
Over-icing can capsize a ship. Dangerous stuff.

===

===

===

===

<>
"A room in motion will stay in motion until you sober up."
  ~Newton's little known fourth law of motion.


THINGS TO THINK ABOUT

In the One Of My Very Own today about Chicago Ride-share program, did you just assume the car thief was a black guy? So did I. 

There are people who will think the following is racist.
But what is a person or a corporation do with data...facts. If your grocery store in the black community can't make a profit because of shoplifting, would it be racist to close it?
I have heard, and agree with, that blacks commit crime because they are poor. But then I heard a black leader state that the same percentage of white people receive food stamps, etc, which was to make clear that blacks were not sucking at government's tit disproportional to whites. That would lead one to conclude that there are just as many poor whites as blacks, but blacks commit far more crimes. I base this on arrest records and prison population, which I openly admit could be influenced by the evil force of racism.
And to address this problem, we are presented with lunacy like this:


===
But that was the norm back then. Now, with a world wide business climate, the countries with the lowest tax rate will attract the new factories.

===
The modern anti-marijuana groups use the same kind of flawed logic today.

===

===
That person got elected.
(note: I did not research as to whether that is authentic.)

===
The Genius and The Crowd 1909: Yeghishe Martirosi Tadevosyan 
I am not a genius and have never claimed to be. I, however, have seen anti-intellectual sentiment first hand. During the protests of the 60-70s, it was slurs toward the "pointy-headed liberals." It has gotten progressively (no pun intended) worse. Scientists who spotlight evidence of climate change are vilified. As are the authors of studies proving that marijuana is, in fact, medicinal. Now it has gotten so bad that large numbers of normally smart people rebuff every shred of evidence that proves beyond doubt that vaccines cause more harm than aid.

===
Anyone who still preach that Islam is a religion of peace is simply not paying attention. Besides wanting to terrorize western civilization, let's look at honor killings. Christians don't do that. How about the rape of immodestly dressed western women because they appear unworthy of respect. Christians don't do that. Forced marriage (a form of violence in my mind) does not occur in Christianity.
And you can forget everything written in the bible about stoning this or that transgressor. The truth is, Christianity does not act on such barbaric crap...Islam does.

===
I know I beat dead horses more than I should...
But the female body, for whatever evolutionary dictates, is considered extraordinarily beautiful. I think that a good thing. Now look at this.
This young woman has joined millions of other women is the absolute loathing of all body hair below the chin. This even though most of these women are aware that their (and their mothers and grandmothers) have been convinced that a "lady" MUST shave those offending growths, and they were convinced by the very companies that sell the products you require to achieve this silly goal. Does no women think for themselves anymore?

<>
The longer you're a parent the harder it is to act excited when people tell you they're pregnant.


DOGS...YES, DOGS


===

===
As much as I loathe government telling us what to do, I have to balance that against the greater good. But the questions begs to be answered: Why would a customer go to a pet store to purchase a dog when they could just as easily go to the pound or humane society?

<>
Turns out if your grandmother dies more than 6 times in a year, HR will start to question your request for time off.


CAPTIONS MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER
(and other funnies)

I found that very funny.

===
I almost put that in Things I Learned Today, but it was too funny.

===

===
This is our guest room where my wife found where I hide my handguns.

===
In case you didn't recognize them.

<>
If you put healing crystals in a sock and beat someone with it do they cancel each other out?


YEAH, I DID THIS

That is exactly how I broke my harm and my leg at the same time. I have the strangest feeling he is telling his son to go get his mom because he broke the shit out of something.

<>
Toddler: *crying because it isn't her turn with the princess crown*
Me: Sweetie, you need to share.
Wife: Just give her the crown, you're 35 and her father for god's sake.

<>

Welcome to the post-factual world.

This is a Ted talk lady.
Something is very wrong with the news industry. Trust in the media has hit an all-time low; we're inundated with sensationalist stories, and consistent, high-quality reporting is scarce, says journalist Lara Setrakian. She shares three ways we can fix the news to better inform all of us about the complex issues of our time.

Source:


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive