About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Saturday, March 4, 2017

SATURDAY #2995

One Of My Very Own...

EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

The "Epic of Gilgamesh" in Sumerian
The "Epic of Gilgamesh," dating back to 2100 BC, is commonly regarded as the earliest surviving great work of literature. Here, musician Peter Pringle recreates what the poem's opening lines may have sounded like, singing the text in Sumerian and playing a gishgudi, a three-string Sumerian lute. Basically, what you're hearing is a melodic, highly-evocative, 4,000-year-old version of the storyteller's phrase "Once upon a time...."






===
Remains of microorganisms at least 3,770 million years old have been discovered, providing direct evidence of one of the oldest life forms on Earth. Tiny filaments and tubes formed by bacteria that lived on iron were found encased in quartz layers in the Nuvvuagittuq Supracrustal Belt (NSB), Quebec, Canada.
This particular news will clash with many people's young earth narrative.
===
===
===
I finally got one of the gifs of this woman to load.
Can anyone explain her hands to me?


<>
Sometimes I like to send out texts to random numbers saying "My period is late".


PEOPLE SAY THE DARNEDEST THINGS

Lest we forget, this man, Dan Quayle, could have been President of the United States too.
===
But this man really was a president.
===
===
===
===
===
===
===
===
Asked my wife to buy me a 2-pack of socks...
===
===
===
Arnold's nickname for Caitlyn: da Choppa.
===
===
In his defense, the word was spelled incorrectly on the card he was given.

<>
If my name was Simon I would always talk in the third person when telling someone to do something.


SCIENCE AND THE ENVIRONMENT 

They pointed a IR telescope at the center of the milky way for 15 years. You can see stars, some 10x the size of our sun orbiting around nothing.
That be a black hole.
===

Ever wondered what it looks like when coal sludge spills into a West Virginia River.
But remember, part of Australia recently had no electricity when there simply wasn't any wind for days. You always need a backup.
===
Clock that uses a levitating ball to tell you the time - customize it to count minutes, hours, or even years.
Year? How would that work? It makes no sense.
===
Mich Farrell and Cliff Haynes created a camera from drinking straws that effectively works as 32,000 pinhole cameras, creating an analog version of pixellation, but with circular pixels.
How very interesting.
I wonder why there are flaws, especially in the first image.
===
EpiPen gone wrong.
Always make sure it's pointed the correct way. 
I bet in a panic that is a pretty easy thing to do.
===
I wonder how many of these a large city upnorth has.
===
Blast from the Sun hitting the Earth's Magnetic Shield.
Thank you, magnetic field, for making life on earth possible.
===
Have 17.5 hours to kill? Watch this dude click his mouse 1 million times. He gets it done 5 hours faster than the initial estimate. Strangely impressive.
===
It can be used to listen to and talk to the child playing with it. But who is doing the listening? Anyone in Bluetooth range.

<>
In first grade I pretended I could talk to animals because I thought kids would like me, but then my squirrel attacked Lisa Shapiro.


SOCIAL ISSUES

Don't you hate it when shit like this happens.
===
It was a joke.
As a matter of fact, I listened to an interview with Caitlyn and she laughed at herself, thinking her circumstances hilarious. (true)
===
I have a strange urge to set my own house on fire?
===
Our father who art in heaven hallowed be thigh name.
===
I hope you had as nice Valentine's Day as he did.
===
3 generations of Godzilla suit wearers walking down the street.
The man must be considered a god in his hometown. 
===
She really has her head in the game...
===
Jack Nickolson eating a hoagie shirtless.
===
Brace yourself for the conspiracy onslaught.
===
"Migrants, lacking other options, continue to contort themselves into the spaces between the rocks when they need to sleep."
“It’s difficult to sleep here," one migrant told Le Parisien newspaper after the boulders were brought in."
"This is not the only piece of so-called "hostile architecture" Paris authorities have installed to stop migrants from making camps in the city.
After the camps at Stalingrad Metro was cleared, metal grills were erected blocking off areas where refugees had set up camps, such as along Avenue de Flandre and the Place de la Bataille-de-Stalingrad."
RH: What kind of country invites 10s of thousands of people to their country with no plan in place as to how to take care of them?
===
I think that should be universal policy.

<>
Wife: What's your favorite book?
Me: Well, I love 1984
Wife: Ok, but just choose one.


Artist Rachel Sussman discovered the ancient art of kintsugi, repairing cracked vases with gold, and applied it to cracked pavement and flooring for her Sidewalk Kintsukuroi series.

<>
Everybody wants to be the lion until it's time to be the lion.

<>

I was the guy who told everyone to give Trump a chance. Well, it's gotten worse than I ever dreamed.
---
But I know it will be legal nation wide, but at what costs? By the time my state finally sees the wisdom in legalization, thousands of lives will have been ruined.
But why? What is the motivation of the people who support the prohibition?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does she still have a penis? if I were her and I wanted a change I'd livestream the operation. Lmao ( I'm totally going to livestream my sex change). Ralph! These doctors aren't doctors they are artists. It's incredible what they can do. Pretty much indistinguishable considering the variety ya know. Perfectly functioning alive vaginas.... I honestly can't wait. It's at least three years away.

Ninja Grrrl said...

I always assumed the motive for prohibiting marijuana was simply money. The war on drugs has created a lot of high paying government jobs. If it's illegal, it's because it's more profitable to someone powerful to leave it at way.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive