About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Sunday, April 2, 2017

SUNDAY #3024

One Of My Very Own...


Willow Osborne - Foggy Mountain Breakdown


Had he been bald.

How Big Tobacco invented Donald Trump and Brexit.
"Economist Tim Harford traces the history of denialism and "fake news" back to Big Tobacco's cancer denial playbook, which invented the tactics used by both the Brexit and Trump campaigns to ride to victory -- a playbook that dismisses individual harms as "anecdotal" and wide-ranging evidence as "statistical," and works in concert with peoples' biases (smokers don't want cigarettes to cause cancer, Brexiteers want the UK to be viable without the EU, Trump supporters want simple, cruel policies to punish others and help them) to make empirically wrong things feel right."

You really need to read the whole article:

Note: The guy makes some of the same points I've been preaching lately.

THEN

NOW


===
All you Americans know about this by now, but over half my viewers are not Americans.


And then there's this guy.
Had he had an accident he could still be on that section of highway that was about to collapse into the inferno.



===
Remember when we, as a country, gave up all hope of privacy so we wouldn't be attacked again?
Well, that has come back to bite us in the ass...like we were asking for it.
But there is a ray of hope...

===
"Republicans in Congress passed a bill to repeal a set of Alaska’s wildlife regulations to favor a specific group of citizens: sport and trophy hunters. Republicans have allowed for shooting of hibernating bears with cubs; using airplanes to scout and shoot grizzly bears; and baiting and trapping bears with steel-jawed, leg-hold traps on federally owned land in Alaska." 
RH: Who could take pride in hunting like that? 

===
I, for one, would like to thank airline workers for keeping us safe from overweight women in yoga pants.

===
Happy 74th Birthday Christopher!

===
The internet is not going to let this die soon...

===
CNN had a section whereby they discussed companies that can't find enough employees who can pass a drug test. There solution is to hire emigrants. From what I could glean this drug test protocol is a huge problem. And don't blame the companies. They can't get insurance without it.

===
These are the seats my wife's friends had at the women's Gamecock victory into the final round.



<>
It's a proven fact that criminals commit fewer crime after they have been shot.


COPING


Well, that explains a lot... 

And...

Here's another example of the despicable behavior of those evil pot smokers....

Speaking of, here is a hilarious short clip that you may enjoy.
"A Rabbi, A Priest, And An Atheist Walk Smoke Weed Together."

===
The funnest job on the planet...
Playing make-believe.

===
I find this so sad.

===
Homemade silencer...

===
When will they ever learn...

===
One man with the right idea...
But that sort of thing is done all the time. Unattractive peaches, apples, pears, etc, are used for jelly, etc.

===
It's a toylike respirator system designed for the 300 million children living in severe air pollution.

===

===
Woman uses her vitiligo as a template for body art.
I like it. I can just hear her husband: "I'd really like to come around your Cape of Good Hope tonight" or ..."Through your Straits of Gibraltar," or "How about I climb your Alps?"

===
Matthew Muresan, an electrical engineer from Somerville, wore a gag as he joined other scientists, science advocates, and community members at a rally in Copley Square.

<>
Beer helps me maintain my "never killed anyone" streak.


TECHNOLOGY

The equators of Mercury, Venus, Earth, Earth’s moon, Mars, Jupiter, Ganymede, Pluto.

===

===
Guy had his self-driving car drive into that overlook parking lot, then painted a no passing lines around it. It froze. They also don't handle the sun behind a stop light, parking garages, and several other common environments. Thus the need for a human override...no pun intended.

But there is more to the story. I found out where that happened because it looked familiar.
And that was on the route my wife and I took on a roadtrip and I remembered I put one of my dollar installations right there....
Pretty fucking cool if you ask me.

===
That's in three years. I don't believe it.

===
There is a website that answers this question...

What a great time to be alive.

===
Japanese building demolish.

===
Right over my house.
Just reminding you what awaits me and mine.

===

<>
Ever notice how everybody can moonwalk after they step in dog shit?


ART AND PHOTOGRAPHY

Julien Chatelin, France
Sort of looks like a construction wall, don't it?



The wonder of high contrast.

===
Everybody needs a hobby...
Picture in every state visited and trimmed to shape of that state. What a great idea.


LANGUAGE


===
A Schwing and Amish

===

===


Looks like we found the girl on the rag.

===

===

===
I just recently wrote my first artist's statement. Not to be confused with a mural proposal of which I've written hundreds.

<>
I went to the doctor today and was diagnosed with paranoia. I mean, he didn't actually say that, but I know that's what the snide bastard was thinking.


UNUSUALNESSES

Horse stables in Dubai.
Un-fucking-believeable.

===
Failed hit and run!
This happens far too often not to be divine intervention.

===
HOT DAMN!!!

===
Said to have saved a soldier's life in WWI...
But who carries six big ass coins in their shirt pocket?

===
Mount Etna erupts as BBC journalists run for their lives...
Do not try this at home.

===
The Only Known Recording of Hitler’s Normal Speaking Voice, As He talks to Marshal of Finland Mannerheim

<>
There comes a time when all parents ask: "Is this just adolescence or is my kid an asshole?"

<>

Smart lady.


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive