About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Monday, May 15, 2017

MONDAY #3067

One Of My Very Own...


WE ARE FAMILY


After 33 years, Washed Away Irish Beach Reappears after freak tide.
As I understand it, the place has four 5 star beaches and now they have five. Still quite a feat.

===
Protesters spell out 'RESIST!' in flash mob at Trump's Rancho Palos Verdes golf course

===
Yes, until recently there were countries in Europe who would do such a thing. I had no idea or I would have preaching against it. Shameful.
And I might add, counter-intuitive.
From the article:
"In essence, if a transgender person were to do something as simple as changing their own name or gender on a government-issued document it could lead them to be forcibly sterilized by their government.

Although some countries in Europe had taken it upon themselves to end their own forced sterilization programs as Germany did in 2011, Sweden in 2012, Norway in 2014, and France in 2016, many countries in Europe were fine continuing the process such as Switzerland and Finland. Yet just last month the European Court of Human Rights finally ended forced sterilizations going on in some 2 dozen European countries against transgendered people. The European Court of Human Rights, in the French city of Strasbourg, ruled that the sterilization requirement was a violation of Article Eight of the European Convention on Human Rights, which states “everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence.”


<>
ME [as a kid]: I won't be a grumpy old man. 
ME [now]: Gets mad at a car for being orange.


ART AND PHOTOGRAPHY


===

===
Notice the shadow looks like silhouette of Gayle Alexander, my girlfriend in the 6th grade.

===

===
One of the techniques I used to aid the students in the making of short films.

===
Imagine that hand belonging to an early Homo Sapien thanking the animal for yielding his life so that his family could survive.

===
That is just how easy it is for a child to die.

===
Mantra - Woman Murals
Is this the same woman?

===

===
Dayum!

===

===
Alex Schaefer specializes in paintings of Chase Banks on fire.


You have to assume Chase pissed that guy off somehow and that he's most likely on a watch list.

<>
When I travel I just throw my clothes in a suitcase because I know that with the metal hip replacement they will search me at the airport and fold my clothes neater than I ever could.


THOUGHTS ON SOCIETY

Do you believe this?

===
The perfect illustration of war.


===


Is there anything wrong with setting your goals too high?
Well, the simple fact is that statistically speaking hardly any of us are going to be famous actors or MBA stars, etc. 

I do condone planning for a field that you care about, but even then, it is slim pickings. The vast majority of us will not become doctors or astronauts or famous artists like me. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't at least try.
But my advice is to always have plans for Plan B.
And, of course, prepare yourself for disappointment.


Most of you are old enough to know all that and realize the futility of wishing for a life that is just romantic dreaming...like a fairy tale.
Most of you will lead lives that only a handful of people will even know your name. No matter how driven you are, you just won't make it.

The vast majority of people when asked if they really like their job will admit "Well, it pays the rent." But when you think about it, that's actually pretty damn good. Especially here in America where "Just paying the rent" means you have lots to eat, a good car to drive, a roof over your head and more clothes than you need.
But most of all every single one of you needs to make lots of friends.
Having lots of friends should validate the fact that you are not an asshole. Which is nice.
If I could offer one piece of advice to every young person out there it would be to work for yourself.
I managed to do that with my mural business. I've had people ask me about being self 
-employed I would simply say, "I work for a real nice guy who lets me take a day off when I really need it."

If the truth be known, we - you and me - simply don't matter. Within two or so generation no one will even remember our names. Every detail of our lives will be erased. But so what. I've had a hell of a ride.

One last thought - I had a much respected college professor tell me that he thought success was being respected by those he respected. Food for thought.

===
When I was in the bar and grill business I learned to put the mustard on the bottom bun to come in contact with the meat, and the mayo on the top bun to contact the vegetables.


===
If your kid comes home like this, he's stone.
Or drunk...or both.

===
Whaaaaaaaaat?

===
I often post provocative images like this.
I think the female body deserves admiration.
But this was the face of a person who posed naked on one of my photographic images sites. I chose not to post the naughty bits in fear of her being underage. Shit like that bugs the shit out of me.

<>
Mom: I brought you into this world and I can take you out
Me: Who taught you about laws, mom? 
Mom: Your grandmother.


SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

Curiosity in the Martian Sands

===
Chinese demolition without blocked traffic or pedestrian warning.

===
This gate can be opened with 1 lock ... no matter which one.

===
I never considered that chink in the armor. And remember, delivery trucks in New York park right in the street.

===
Why?

===
AIRPORT TASER
Take a quick look at this idiot:

Here are some of the comments:
"OH MY GAWD! That's terrible! When are people going to learn to turn their phones sideways when making a video!"

"Seriously, I wonder how many undercover cops walk around airports like the one in the blue shirt."

"What if the guy simply can't hear?"

<>
I was once stuck in a boring staff meeting secretly playing Candy Crush, and I made a bad move & half the room went "ooooo" in a chorus of dismay.


ANIMALS GONE WILD

The spotted hyena has a bite force of 1100 PSI.

===
WAIT! Lead-in says raped 5 men, article says pinned 6. Who's the consensual baboon fucker?! 

===

===
Robot To Keep Your Tables Cat Free

===
As previously stated, museums who hire hunters to go kill an animal just so they can display the carcass disgust me.

<>
"You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches."


LANGUAGE AND STUFF


===

===

===
Word on the Street, Miami
That has got to give beachfront property owners pause.

===
Missing the whole concept...

<>
NETFLIX MOVIE

"Hard To Be a God." I guarantee you that you have never seen a movie like this before. Please, somebody explain it to me.

About this movie:

<>
Hell hath no fury like a woman who ALREADY TOLD YOU WHERE THE GODDAMN SCISSORS ARE. 

<>


So how often do you pause to be thankful for the rights you have in the country in which you live?


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive