About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

TUESDAY #3220

One Of My Very Own



It’s All Going to Pot Willie Nelson & Merle Haggard

NEWSY BITS


===

Though the mercenaries in Puerto Rico won't identify their employers, there's good evidence that Blackwater (now called Academi) is or will soon be operating there, as well as other notorious mercenary gangs like Ranger America and the Whitestone Group.

===
Hurricane force wind coming to Ireland.
===
A friend of my wife's found this poor hunger "dog" so she took it in and fed it.
It's a coyote. I didn't even know we had them in South Carolina. And what do the feds say about "taking one in"?

===
Finally went to the doctor today. He looked about 12, but that's not the point. The point is I have found that the point illustrated below to be dead on...about me anyway.

I'm feeling much better. Still hasn't taken a shit since Friday morning, but I'm feeling...due.




<>
I hate when any countdown in a movie doesn't match up with the actual time it is happening.


THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE KNOWN

Yeah, slow down and the next guy will crash into you head.

===

Are humans violent by nature?

This worth the read:

===
The Darien Gap

This is a 60 mile stretch of land (essentially jungle) that divides the North and South American continents.  The Darien Gap starts at the "southern" end of Panama and extends into Colombia.  If this 60 mile stretch had a road, you could drive from the top of Alaska to the bottom of Argentina.
I never knew that. And think it amazing. I have heard of people driving from the US to South America, but I guess there's a ferry to float you around that bit.

===
My zombie base of choice.

It's all solar powered.
Including the plane. But I would have put solar panels on the wings.

===
An extraordinary terror weapon.

===
How do it do dat?

===
I wonder if a person or a computer figured all that out.

===
I think I may have posted this before, but you'll have to admit, it is a cool ass invention.

===
All  tracked asteroids; the green orbit is earth.
I had no idea there were that many. That's terrifying.


<>
If you ever date a dominatrix, never ever suggest it's time to hit the sack.




THINGS THAT RAISE MORE QUESTIONS THAN IT ANSWERS

So he was drunk...then how did he give his consent?
I think getting drunk is voluntarily turning off the consent giving portion of the brain, and who's fault is that? Certainly not his.

===
When backlit these poker sized cards become simply a grid of dots- reminding us that what we see not only concerns the physical properties of the perceived object, but also the location of the light source and the frequency and intensity of its emissions.
So, what are the advantages of such a thing?

===
Watch carefully.
Did you notice the frayed rope? And that knot! I wouldn't trust a shoelace with that knot.

===
"According to some experiments, electrons can even move back and forth in time. Time-travelling electrons are very difficult to prove, but has not been disproven. And it is widely accepted."

We could be in a heap of trouble if "Has not been disproven" becomes a real argument.

===

===
Shodo, the art of Japanese calligraphy. Students of instructor kazono-shinji are seen here at a competition writing the kanji for 'encounter'.
You know, practicing that must cost the guy a fortune.

Then there's this guy.
Please.

===
Ukrainian soldiers, war zone, Eastern Ukraine.
A powerful neighbor gobbles up half your country and the world doesn't give a shit. Why?

===
I wonder about how many times that happened to warrant the warning.

===
How does one go about getting a nickname like that?

===
You got to wonder about the backstory. 

===

Spotted at the Renaissance Fair
I wonder how many people got that. I think it's hilarious.

===
This was found in an antique store.
How could you resist?
Then use the old stand by excuse...


<>
60% of people in this world are stupid. I'm with the other 30%.




ATTEMPTS AT HUMOR


===

===

===
I watched a bad movie whereby an alien spacecraft intercepted Voyager, plucked of the Sagen plaque, read "We Come In Peace", laughed and tossed it onto a rack with hundreds of other plaques from hundreds of other crafts.
I found that profound.

===

Toothpaste for Dinner - My kind of humor.





===
Can you find the humor?

===
===
I'd pay good money to...

===


<>
The oldest person in the world was born with a completely different set of humans.

<>

<>

===

===

===

===

===


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive