About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Monday, March 5, 2018

MONDAY #3357

One Of My Very Own


EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

Lynyrd Skynyrd, “Sweet Home Alabama”

NEWSY BITS


Welcome to Informed Delivery®
Hi‚ Mxxxxxx . Here’s what’s arriving soon.

===
Marshfield Brant Rock area south of Boston.  March 2, 2018

===
A lot of talk on the internet about this:

PAPERS, PLEASE - The Short Film

===

===
This is short and hilarious:

===

===




ANIMALS SOMETIMES ACT LIKE DICKS

We all know dogs love us and we love them.

They love us so much that they are easily taught because they want nothing more than to please us.

Working dogs are never happier than when they do their job.

But sometimes the line between loving and abusing gets blurred.


And not often, but sometimes they act like dicks.

Even to each other...

===
Cats, on the other hand, hate everything about us and PREFER to abuse us.

They also abuse each other.

And they even KNOW they are being dicks.

All things Ralph...

I found that extraordinary.

===
Animals in the wild seem to be drawn to abuse, usually to each other.

But other times animals seem to cherish abusing their betters.

===
Some insects seem to be hardwired to torture us.

===
Then there are the truly diabolical.
That animal walks around exuding sexuality and an alluring personality, then makes its suitor ill.

===
Fish Rapture


<>
Describing a book as a real page turner is kind of how books work isn't it?

<>


HUMANS ARE A STRANGE GROUP

My wife berating me for having two Bloody Marys before noon at a family reunion in front of my whole extended family.
True story. She said she was sorry and I promised not to mention it again.

===
How to properly flirt
The Cowboy Way ('94)



===
Good luck, missy.

===
Got to be Russian.

===
Humans got rid of every single exciting thing in their lives. No threatening wild animals; we live in complete, total climate control; we have more food than we should; and lock up dangerous people.
So with the safest environment known to man, what to we do? We INVENT dangerous things to do.

===
Amazing.

===
This took me longer than it should have.
Classic case of "Not my job."

===
Now imagine a person sitting in front of their computer and they are so bored that they took the time to create the above. I strive to be that bored.

===
Might have to right click.

<>
In high school a bully knocked the smug look off my face, but luckily for me I was wearing a second, smaller smug look underneath.

<>


LAUGHING AT LANGUAGE


===

===
This is a little subtle...

===

===

===

===
Captioned vs dubbed in English
I have come across many foreign movies that have opted to dub dialogue in English. It hardly ever works well. I would rather just read the closed caption.

===
This from a movie...
Good luck with that, kid. 
Countless times I've been asked if I've seen a new mural and I reply, "I saw where someone TRIED to paint a mural."

===
Jeez.

===


<>
Remember before Xanax when "take a chill pill" was just a saying?

<>


LEARNING


Speaking of...

===
A croc caught in Northern Territory Australia


Now, that's the way to photograph it. Squatting down behind it only makes it more suspect. Am I sure that image isn't manipulated.

===

===
Light Pollution in Europe : the number of stars that can be seen from locations in Europe.
Imagine the millions of people who have never seen these stars.
But what the hell is going on with that road?

===
Looks like they need to defrag.

===
Want to guess what this is?
It is a shark with a plethora of those cleaning fish.


<>
My now dead friend used to brag that he was the only person to be banned from the bar Group Theory twice.

<>


<>

===

===

===

===


"There are many, many things about which I know little, or absolutely nothing at all. I don't see this as a flaw. In life, we have to make choices. Most of us have jobs, families, friends. We have “to do” lists, and commitments that never seem to end, and there are never enough hours in the day. Most times, by day’s end however, I like to think I may be a little less ignorant than I was when the sun first shone over the horizon. Still, there are many more things I don't know, than things I do, and I suspect it shall ever be thus. My awareness of the limits of my knowledge exists as a tool to help me explore those limits. Nothing crowds out learning like certainty.

"In contrast, believers seem to require absolutes in their lives. Indeed, three of the most terrifying words to a believer are: “I don’t know”."


===


===

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Group Theory = Group Therapy?

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive