About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Sunday, March 4, 2018

SUNDAY #3356

One Of My Very Own

EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com


NEWSY BITS

*MNBT

===
I made a mistake.
This guy is not an asshole. It was a joke and everyone ended up laughing.




THOSE ZANY JAPANESE

These people just seem to do things differently.



I can only assume that they won't sue. In America they most surely would sue.

A commercial.

The look on his face...


<>
"With all due respect" is a wonderful expression in that it doesn't actually specify how much respect is actually due. Could be none.

<>


FUN WITH LANGUAGE


===
 
That's a very good promotion.

===

===

===

===

===
I've done that!!

===
This is a repost that I really enjoyed the second time.
A literalist.


<>
You eat 28 spiders in your lifetime...always 28. So if you are about to die and you have only eaten 3, then 25 show up at one time.

<>


WHAT ARE THE CHANCES

This was a wonderful GIF that was too large to load, so I'm going to talk you though it.
First the young man at the counter asked the clerk for something found to the clerk's extreme right.

While the clerk is down there looking for it...
The young man's accomplice begins to load her backpack with goodies.

Then an armed robber enters and the young man takes refuge down the aisle.

But then he rolls his skateboard against the counter.

The armed robber goes to investigate.

All this time the young man has sneaked around to another aisle and jumps him from behind.

With his girlfriend's aid he renders the robber immobile, our young man takes the gun and gives it to the clerk.


<>
Never trust anyone who doesn't smoke pot.
Never trust anyone who doesn't listen to Bob Dylan.
Never trust anyone who doesn't like the beach.
Never, ever trust anyone who doesn't like dogs.

<>


THINGS WITH WHICH I NEED HELP UNDERSTANDING

This was a big part of the old book Chariot of the Gods.
It really started many people's consideration that alien visitors may be true. And one of my favorite quotes from Dr. Tyson was that there is much more evidence for aliens than god. Credible witnesses, radar, pilots, etc.

===
A Perfect Day...movie I recommend. It starred these two guys.

One thing I didn't understand was a well in a war zone had become contaminated with a dead body. But look at the well...it's on TOP of a hill. I thought that was ridiculous.
Then toward the end of the movie the rain came and filled up the well. We don't have those kinds of wells where I come from.
Also all of the villages they travelled through had the scars of war.
It reminded me of my observations in Germany in the middle 1960s. There was damage like that in many villages, from WWII. I was there only 20 years after war's end.

===
Good lord, y'all!

===
Inaccurate, there should be a bunch of fat pigs skimming off the waiters before it even gets to the table. These people are called congressmen.

===
I was thinking the world should have standardized this by now, then I remembered our problem with metrics.

===
If it's not an art installation, it should be.

===
Ran across several very nice image of Iran.
Look at that one massive event. I assume it volcanic ash or some stuff, but also notice that a very similar event happened toward the bottom right. How very interesting.
Here's some other pics I like.
What do you think the black (gray) pipe looking things at the bottom are?

A place so beautiful that babies are born laughing, not crying.

===
I know I sound rather obsessed with it, but this looks very much like the scariest highway in America - US 50 out west somewhere.
The lack of guardrails and absent shoulder looked just like the place where he went over.

===
Green Heron uses bait to catch a fish.
I wonder if it teaches his kids how to do that.

===
65 million year old fossilized unhatched dinosaur eggs.
What a wonderful image.


<>
Sentience is so overrated.

<>


I will warn again: Never play with fire if someone is filming you.

===
That looks rather dangerous, but it's only about 10' off the ground.
Then you have this guy...

===
I will be the first to admit that alcohol acts as a foolishness fuel.

Drunk or just stupid...you decide.

===
I can only hope this is alcohol fueled.

===
But then there is the folly of funny people.
After the last time he had sex with his wife, a man made the mistake of quoting this line from the movie.

Baa-ram-ewe. 
And you know who that man was?

<>

===

===

===

===

===


===

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If we ever take another road trip we will NOT drive on US 50 out west somewhere. (unless you put me in the trunk)
Towanda

Steve said...

That road is the Pikes Peak Highway near Colorado Springs. This was filmed during the 2012 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, America's second oldest auto race. The drivers walked away unhurt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwdC1Yi3OG8

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive