About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

TUESDAY #3358

One Of My Very Own

EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

BRANDY BY LOOKING GLASS




ANIMALS I DEEM WORTHY OF YOUR ATTENTION

Argonaut aka Paper Nautilus
I have never seen one of those before and I have spent a lot of time on a beach.

===
This was from a clip about a family who woke up and found a moose in their kitchen.
But that's not what I want to discuss.
Do you see what looks like discs of cardboard on a rod above the moose's head? Well, that is the very first time I've seen the snack "bread" in homes in Sweden. An exchange student sent me one once he got home. It tasted just like cardboard.

===
I was always told that the lionesses did the hunting.
Also if I'm not mistaken, that is a very popular crossword puzzle word: Spiral horned antelope - eland.

===
RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!!

===
The sea roiling with living things...

===
Award winning underwater photograph by Tanya Houppermans - Underwater Photographer of the Year 2018


<>
They sell Harvard shirts at Target, which is an excellent way to save $399,987.45.

<>


PEOPLE AND THINGS THAT IMPRESSED THE SHIT OUT OF ME

Chondrules
As I understand it, those globules were the earliest solid objects in solar systems made through accretion. Then those chondrules stuck together countless times to make things like...the Earth.
I would piss myself if I could hold that in my hand.

===
Okinawa Castle


This makes my dick get hard.

===
Fossils in a chunk of marble.
Ooooooh.

===
Microburst storm in Arizona.
One of the most impressive things in nature if you ask me....according to me.

===
Nice abs.
I think that thing just poked a tentacle up her arse.

===
Mother and child
Or a pygmy cannibal crawls inside victim to play prank on other pygmy cannibals but accidentally suffocates before he can jump out.

===
I don't even know what this is but I know I want one.

===
I don't think he's the new guy on the job.



<>
In this day and age nothing is more frustrating than helping a dog out of a ditch and having no one there to film it.

<>


PEOPLE BEHAVING ADMIRABLY

That's what I call dedication to your craft.

===
I admire creativity.

===
I've been preaching the need for this for decades.
That's beautiful.

===
People who spend chunks of their time to amuse us...

===
Be interested to know if very primitive women gave birth in the river or whatever.

===
Man pretty much does what he wants to do.
I look at something like that and marvel at the amount of work required.



<>
We should put missing persons photos on packs of cigarettes. Smokers are thinly ones standing outside in all kinds of weather.

<>


PEOPLE BEHAVING LESS THAN ADMIRABLY

I assume that a texting driver has endangered each and every one of us, even you idiots who insist on texting and driving. Think about that - you are all aware of how dangerous texting drivers are, yet you still do it. Are you just stupid or what?

===
Fuck that little bitch.

===
Don't let your addictions keep you from real life.

===
I wonder how many women will even get that.

===
I went in a 7-11 and the kid wouldn't sell me beer because I had my two teenage daughters in my van. I did not take it very well

===
Ever read The One Minute Manager? Short little book that teaches an awful lot about management skills. One of his main messages is that for every minute that an employee is sitting in meeting is a minute that worker isn't making you any money.

===
Watch carefully, there will be a quiz.
Would you be comfortable living near there? Would you keep your small children and pets locked indoors?
But then there are the parents who like to give their children thrills.
That's not a thrill; that's irresponsible.

===
I think it is important to point out the many problems with this hive design.

1. Bees naturally live in darkness, and like many other observation hives, the light makes the hive undesirable, encouraging swarming. I see that they can add a red filter over it, but it kind of ruins the effect of an observation hive.
2. This design makes it hard to treat for varroa mites. To properly maintain a hive, you have to have access to it.
3. Bees need cold winters to survive. Not 72 degrees. That’s how you either a. kill an entire beehive, or b. cause it to swarm.

===
Just a reminder that in the middle of Feburary here in South Carolina it has been 81 degrees for a week and it's expected to continue for weeks to come.

===
What do you expect him to wear on a morning walk, a Spider Man outfit?

===
"No active warrants" is an odd yet intentionally malicious way of saying "Innocent man."

===
People would hate going to a movie with me.
Here a father dresses this gaping flesh wound to her upper arm caused by a 9mm.
Didn't have the supplies to stitch it up, so he just poured some whiskey on it and tied a rag around it. Less than four hours later she lays down for a nap DIRECTLY ON THAT SHOULDER.
All the dozens of proof readers I had for my novels would have pick up on such things immediately.

===
Hahahabananahaha!

===
I'll let this speak for itself...

===
This is one of the few movies (Godfather being another) whose second movie was better than it's first.

===
Let me get this straight - She merges across her lane in front of a tandem truck, then SLAMS ON BREAKS!?!



<>
"I want to hate my life in a different building."
 - person looking for a new job

<>


<>

===

===

===

===

===


===

3 comments:

Jim said...

I remember having to attend a meeting about "the One Minute Manager". We were all supposed to read it first. When we arrived they proceeded to read the book to us. As I sat and stewed about the waste of time I was summoned by and old friend (a senior VP) to his office. He was just saving me from the meeting as he only wanted to BS with me. Never will forget how Ralph P. saved me that day as I probably would have been arrested and fired if I had to sit through any more of that meeting held by Eckerd Drug.

Ralph Henry said...

The whole fucking point of the book is to replace meetings with direct contact with employees.

Fardygardy said...

To the picture of skyscraper gardens from above... I attended a design review for a new hospital in San Fransisco, in which the executives wanted a "green" patio (small trees, bushes, grass, etc)on the 4th floor to walk out to. This request required an additional 18" of "story height" to the third floor in order for the person to walk out to a same-level garden, while allowing for all the soil to make the garden possible. Plus, the steel UNDER the 4th floor had to be further strengthened to carry the dead weight of that much soil and water. In the end, the request added millions to the project, and that was for only ONE garden.

I have since learned that overburdening top floors of buildings by tenants creating similar gardens on roofs is a significant range in cities.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive