About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

TUESDAY #3372

One Of My Very Own

EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com


NEWSY BITS




You have to wonder what the fuck Russia has on Donald Trump.

I wish them all the luck in the world. Maybe that will spur America to get off their space ass, as it were.

===0===


===0===




===0===

This pic best captures the courage and adversity that was faced by those protesting in Venezuela.

===0===
Brits March against knives

You aren’t allowed to carry knives in the UK unless you are a chef. I’m not kidding; google it.
In the USA we have the same law pretty much everywhere I have lived, no knives carried on the person in public over 3.5 inches.
[verification needed]

===0===

A comment to this blog:

Michelle Obama's Left Nut said...

"These countries don't have mass murders...or very few."

Feel free to be wrong on your own time, try not to drag us down with you.
Of course, mass killings are a thing worldwide. Your impulsive self-hatred is as sad as your self-imposed ignorance. 
Google, it is a helpful tool. You're old enough to know better.

Me:
Are you trying to insult me?
First, you know I was not referring to war time atrocities. What happens in wartime is a whole nother can of worms.
Second, you know I was not referring to civil action against a government, or religious faction.
Since my observation baffled you, let me explain. In other first world countries young men don't regularly walk into a school or church and with no political motive; no hatred of another ethnic group; or religious reason, and just begin to shoot innocent people.

Note: I guess the Ruth case was an ethnic hatred.






I'm sure there are many motivations for creating art; fun is one of them.

At the introduction of each new art tools, there are trailing edge people who take a long time before they accept it.
I felt that way about computer generated images for a while, then realized the computer as just another tool.
Photography is fun, I guess.
Odd the similarities of soccer and basket fields of play.


That looks like Crackle Glaze China.

As proven with the image above, utilitarian art has to exceed the mere functionality.

Artist sprays-paints animals on plastic wrap in the forest.

It takes a special artist to create work that can't be sold. I would bet money these are not commissions.

Let's just call that whimsy.

===0===

BAS-RELIEF
Sculptural relief in which the projection from the surrounding surface is slight and no part of the modeled form is undercut.

These have been made for a long, long time, but the modern artist gives his own twist to it.

My favorite...

===0===

FOLK ART
Model of Manhattan entirely made out of reclaimed scrap wood.


Utilitarian Folk

This is my wife's found object piece she just completed.


<>
Uber plans to buy 24,000 self-driving cars from Volvo, which means passengers will now have to abuse and assault themselves.

<>


PONDERING POINTS

I'm often bemused when I hear some dolt declare that god made mankind a perfect place to live. I say it is so dangerous and hazardous that it's a miracle any of us loved long enough to procreate.

===0===

We need to thank those folks more; meaning pay the more.

===0===



===0===

I haven't heard so much from these people lately.
There cries for equality for their 93 self declared genders was met by a universal cry.

===0===

In America we regularly consume that amount of food in one meal. It's fucking disgraceful. But in all honesty it looks delicious.

===0===

I wrote a book based on that crap. My young man proved that the idea for L.Ron's book was stolen from his dead grandfather's manuscript. I did a lot of research and thoroughly enjoyed writing it.

===0===

The birth of television. 

Can you imagine NOT having your furniture facing the TV. I mean look at that guy's posture.

Oh, and what's up with the pet puma?



===0===

Amy Purdy, 2014 Paralympic bronze medalist in snowboarding.
It took me several long minutes to notice the legs.

===0===

I have come to expect stupidity from civilian drivers, but this guy was a pro. Maybe he, too, was just following his GPS.

===0===

I believe that those turned up wing tips curtails the turbulence to following aircraft at airports.
Such a simple, cheap solution to a very complex problem.

===0===

It only has to get mere feet off the surface to eliminate the drag of the water.

===0===

This from a Korean movie SEA FOG, which was educational to say the least. It's about smuggling people out of China.
But the reason I have gathered you here together, Gentle Reader, are the tires on the roof.

In the dawning trailer boom throughout America, you would often see old tires dotting the roof.
Those are used to diminish the roof rumble...seriously. Sheet metal roofs had a tendency to rumble in strong wind and when you look in the home owner's book it instructed you to place old tires on your roof.
Red Neckism at its finest.

===0===

French Special Forces Rugby team.

===0===

My blood pressure goes down just looking at that.

===0===

"And I am become Death, destroyer of worlds." - Nuclear Weapons
I find it horrifying that we used to stem the use of those weapons with MAD - mutual assured destruction, and nobody wants to die. Well, now we have people who WANT to die for their god, so MAD doesn't work on them.
Try this on for size:


<>
Teacher: Can anyone give me an example of guilty by association? 
The Horse I rode in on: Raises Hoof.

<>


SHIT YOU DON'T SEE EVERY DAMN DAY

Did you notice that one of them flipped head over heels?

===0===

This thing opens the bait box.

===0===

It is called Urban Downhill racing.

===0===

I looks like they knew it was coming.
I'm thinking tidal surge.

===0===

The New York Giants, 1934
With the white helmet like that, it looks like they were cut out of paper and glued on.

===0===

Time lapse reveals the evolution of a tornado

===0===

Explain this shit!
It's the reflection of the ceiling light in the guy's kitchen.

===0===

She's not so sure about that at first.

===0===

Even a bakery gets in on the act...

===0===


===0===


===0===


===0===


===0===

Had we been born elsewhere...
Fuckers look dead serious don't they.


<>
Never choose a company name that ends in a verb.

<>


<>

===

===

===

===

===


===
They have so much in common.
He is a rich old man and she likes rich old men.

1 comment:

Matt said...

regarding the 93 genders: i have come to accept that all of my social ills boil down to narcissism. I think I might have followed the rabbit hole really really far after rejection and heartbreak. Clusterfuck of emotion then bam, the realization that I have terrible coping mechanisms. Instead of becoming a trans-everything hybrid person, now my dreams consist of owning a piece of land and a cob hut all while not alienating myself from my favorite people (which i have none at the moment because they all left me in the dust - good for them - hopefully the next round of humans in my life dont hate me by the end)

Somewhere in here there is a critique of the alienation that arises in capitalism. but i honestly dont give a shit. Im addicted to love not money.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive