About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Thursday, February 21, 2019

THURSDAY #3710

One Of My Very Own
 <>

EMAIL: ralh.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com
<>

 <>

And now the good news...
The Supreme Court unanimously rules for Tyson Timbs, a small-time drug offender whose $42,000 Land Rover was seized by the state of Indiana as a civil forfeiture. In its opinion, the Supreme Court rules that the U.S. Constitution's 8th amendment clause on excessive fines clause applies to states and local governments, and curbs their power to levy fines and seize property.
<>

<>

PEOPLE


Every smoker has used an empty beer can as an ashtray. To make sure I never tried to drink from it, I turned the tab up like below, sans wire.

^^1^^

"LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!"
What's up with her feet?
^^2^^


^^3^^


Seriously, something has to be done.
^^4^^

Look closely.
^^5^^


Oh dear god no. I love animals as much as the next person, but making it a federal crime is ridiculous. Hasn't our federal government fucked up enough already?
^^6^^

"They're lucky I didn't shoot them": Moment North Carolina man holds three burglary suspects aged 14, 15, and 17 at gunpoint after they 'ransacked his elderly parents' home'
No, HE'S lucky he didn't shoot them. Last I heard vandalism was not a capital crime.
^^7^^


^^8^^

He rather clever retort.
^^9^^


<>

I like to play this game called nap roulette. It's where I take a nap but don't set an alarm. Will it be a 30-minute nap? Will it be a 4-hour nap? Will I wake up tomorrow? Nobody knows. But it's nervy, and I like it.

<>

<>


PLACES


JOBS

A metaphor for the miserable jobs some people have just to afford to live.

Look carefully at the eyes...even the horse's.


1962 - London, East End - Marijuana dealer

1945 - A peanut vendor at work in lower Manhattan

Having put myself through graduate school bartending, then owning two bars after graduation, I actually liked working with the public. Oh, sure, there were assholes, but I met many really wonderful people, also.
^^10^^

DESTINATIONS


That's a lot of equipment to hike up that mountain.
I found another image of what another camper took with him.
That's a lot of stuff.


Oh to see the sky again.


That's a bigass plaza.


The cat is on a leash. You guess it had to be trained since it was a kitten?
^^11^^


And that beast a can do that for hours.

But a runaway large animal in the city was a real danger.

^^12^^

Found gifs of this one of a kind stand-up water slide but they were all too large to load.
I was amazed that their center of gravity was above the rails making toppling very possible.
^^13^^

The shadow of clouds for the ISS.
^^14^^

We can all agree the guy is an idiot...
But there should be no way that is possible.
^^15^^

1917 - Members of a chain gang building roads for the State of South Carolina camp Wadsworth Spartanburg
I almost bought a house built in 1848 and it was on Chain Gang Road.

Speaking of my home state...

^^16^^


<>

A cooking competition show but all the chefs' spouses are there to somehow keep standing in front of whatever drawer they need to get into.

<>

<>


THINGS


I watched a documentary on parachutes. I didn't even know planes could have parachutes. It was stated that the chutes have already saved 324 lives.
^^17^^


Amazing.
^^18^^

Ice bowl used to remove grease from cooking.
^^19^^


????
^^20^^

What the devil does when he's bored.
^^21^^


Circa 1910 - Adolf Hitler's painting
^^22^^


^^23^^


Faster than I thought it could be.
^^24^^




I researched that and it's true.
^^25^^


I really like low tech solutions.
^^26^^


*MNBT
^^27^^

The US Army Is Equipping Soldiers With Pocket-Sized Recon Drones

The U.S. Army has placed a $39 million order for tiny reconnaissance drones, small enough to fit in a soldier’s pocket or palm. The idea behind the drones, which are made by FLIR Systems and look like tiny menacing helicopters, is that soldiers will be able to send them into the sky of the battlefield in order to get a “lethal edge” during combat.

Speaking of drones, a few assholes flying around airports is going to fuck it up for everyone else. They are discussing making ever drone enthusiast get a license with classes, which, of course, will cost money.
^^28^^


I have no idea what's going on, but it can't be good.
^^29^^

A sound like no other...
^^30^^

Um, I’m kinda busy here...
^^31^^

What a wonderful graphics...
^^32^^


<>

I've never had anything I posted go viral but I did yawn once and a few people around me also yawned so I get it.

<>

<>


LANGUAGE = THOUGHT


And now you can make money from your knowledge of GoT.
^^33^^


^^34^^

A putdown you can steal...
^^35^^


Well, good.
^^36^^


^^37^^


^^38^^

Start each day with a warm heart.
^^39^^


A line not soon forgotten.
^^40^^

<>
 <>

 War - solving problems the old fashioned way...foolishly.
<>

 <>

 People get real stupid around ice.
<>

 <>

<> 

 <>

<> 

 <>

 <>


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you wish for to increase your know-how only keep visiting this website and be updated with the most recent
gossip posted here.

Anonymous said...

LOTS of interesting pieces today.
Re #5: It made my feet hurt! Who TF would do something like that to their feet???
Towanda.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive