About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Sunday, May 31, 2020

SUNDAY NEWS UPDATE


NOTE: No pandemic news today. Just some observations and opinions on a distressing part of American life.

LATEST NEWS AT THE END SO DON'T GIVE UP ON THIS TOO SOON.


RACIAL RELATION IN AMERICA

I watched the riots in L.A when I was a younger man.
This truck driver that was dragged from his truck and bludgeoned haunted me so much I remember his name to this day.
 Mr. Reginald Denny.

I also remember the Korean family who armed themselves to protect their property and livelihood.
 And they were successful.


1965
55 years ago.
55 FUCKING YEARS!

 ===

A Message from Hong Kong
Hopefully, they will soon be called convicts.  
===

 Someone painted the phrase "Fuck Jeff Bezos” on the side of a Target. Let that sink in...
===

 ===

 ===

 ===

I found this extraordinary.
===

Pay attention to the double standard.
That was then...
 2014
this is now...
2020


 Well, this certainly didn't age well.
It's ALWAYS somebody else's fault...ALWAYS!!!
===

 Thousands of innocent Americans living in fear.
===

And if you deny we have a problem here's her story.
 She was killed in a no-knock raid by plainclothes Louisville police who then arrested her boyfriend for fighting back. The suspect they raided for was already in custody.
 ===

 It's all so sad. But don't think I abide burning stores or any violence. I DO NOT.
===

===

I was raised to be a racist. Then I moved to Oklahoma where they didn't give a shit about black people one way or another, but they hated native Americans. Then it occurred to me that both those views were dead wrong.
===


===

Cop drive-by spraying crowds with pepper spray.
===

===

THE GOOD AMONG US

And her son did just that.
There was a big stink in his city over allowing black people into public swimming pools, so Mr. Rogers invited a cop on his show and he taught a powerful lesson.


[verification needed]

 ===


XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
LATEST NEWS

After finishing this post I walked into the house for dinner to find my wife crying. I, of course, asked her what was the matter and she said, "There are police cars burning."

I didn't think much about it until I looked at the TV and found out IT WAS IN MY OWN FUCKING CITY!!!

Parking garages are ablaze. Restaurants are being stormed by rioters.

There are multiple fires, shots fired, police officers injured, and NOBODY is obeying the 6pm curfew.

I hate to use a trite cliche but I'm locked and loaded. I used to only have one gun within reach...now I have three including a shotgun with triple ought buckshot.

And this right in the middle of a global pandemic.

Have we Americans lost our fucking minds?

Our city's mayor is regularly on the phone with my wife...as is the police chief. Tonight on TV our mayor said, "Most of the troublemakers are not from Columbia. And I will tell you right now if you ain't from Columbia you better to get your ass home right now."
He gets my vote for not fucking around.

Stay the fuck safe in every way you can, Gentle Reader. I like you guys.

AND MANY PEOPLE STILL THINK THIS IS THE GREATEST COUNTRY TO EVER EXIST.


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive