About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Friday, July 31, 2020

FRIDAY NEWS AND OBSERVATIONS

A viewer left this comment concerning our forays out for burgers:
"So you think the sandwich packaging may be contaminated but sure that the sandwich is ok. Do I have that right?"

Hell, I don't know. I'm only a teacher with a master's degree, a professional muralist with 500 murals all over the country, a maintainer of our nuclear missile arsenal, a father of two highly successful daughters, a writer of 12 novels, a blogger with going on 3 million hits, and a lover who cares more about the pleasures of his partner more than myself.
Now if you want to know how to teach children - I'm your man.
If you want to know how to paint a mural - I'm here.
If you want parenting tips - I'm your guy.
If you want writing novels or blogging tips - you are on your own.
If you want to know how to satisfy your woman - ask her...and don't judge.
If you want to know anything about nuclear weapons I swore I wouldn't tell anyone.
But if you want to know about the risks of takeout food you have to ask someone who has studied such things all their lives. And that's what I did. Here's the risk assessment:
Takeout was rated less risky than going to the grocery store, so I feel relatively safe.
We still call ahead with our order and have the exact amount of money ready so we don't have to exchange money. We also call to make sure everyone was wearing a mask and gloves.

Is there anything I have forgotten?
===

*******************

NEWS

 

[verification needed]
===

 ===

 ===

 ===

===

===

Thanks anyway but I'll just stay home and eat takeout burgers.
===

Sane move.
===

If you asked that question to a guy sitting next to you at a bar and he gave you that answer, would you get up and sit somewhere else? I would.
===

America’s MVP
 It was out 24 hours when one was offered on eBay for $250.
===

===

He has stated that there is a reason to vote absentee. Well, I say a pandemic is a pretty good reason not to gather in crowds. Maybe the best reason of all.
Additionally, you can't make claims without offering evidence. Well, that used to be the rule before Trump became president. He throws out all kinds of skullduggery and never gives you the dates and names of the culprits. That means he can say anything he wants and can not be held accountable. And, sadly, his loyalists just accept it without evidence.
Let's be clear - DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!
Just type in "Mail-in ballot fraud" or some such and read all the evidence.
===

I wanted the MLB Sports Package but balked at $50 a month. The wife said that I spend more than that on my wine. So I quit drinking wine and now they are on the verge canceling the baseball season. Bummer that.
===

*******************

THE OPINIONS OF OTHERS

===

 ===

My wife doesn't like to brag, but as a hypochondriac, she has beaten covid-19 at least 76 times in four months.
===

 ===

 ===

Vote!
===

 ===

 
===

 ===

Hahahabananaha! 
===


I have no knowledge as to the factualness of this:

What I do know is that the arsonists, looters, and otherwise violent "protestors" are doing more to re-elect Donald Trump than anything else.
The peaceful demonstrators need to separate themselves from the criminals. To allow them to hide in their midst is simply abetting their destructive behavior. 
I advocate that the peaceful demonstrators spray paint or otherwise mark the hooligans hiding behind them. To tolerate the violence is the same as being violent.
And why do they go to a federal courthouse thus giving Trump an excuse to send in his troops? Go to the park. Go to the city hall. But keep away from federal property.
The violence is sullying the whole message.
And this is not the first time.
 ===

 ===

I read that people love to have someone or something to blame so they don't have to blame themselves. Conspiracy theories fill that need quite nicely...no matter how fucking insane it is.
===

Yesterday...YESTERDAY I heard him brag about the great job he was doing. He must have taken lessons from Trump.
===

===

POLITICAL HUMORISTS

A delayed result is no result at all.
===

 ===

 ===

 ===

===

 ===

 ===

 ===

 ===

 I don't even understand that one.
===

===

 Why don't I have more cartoons making fun of Biben? I can't find them. If you have any of them send them to me in my email. Here's the address:
ralh.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

BTW: I once lost access to my Google account and had to reinstall my Gmail. To be more precise - my wife had to reinstall my email. Well, one typo later my reinstalled address starts "ralh" instead of ralph.
Now you know.
===

Is there anyone in America who does not realize that Trump is in way over his head? Could there be a single American who can honestly say Trump has managed this crisis effectively? How does it make you feel that other countries are beating this scourge and we are being devastated by it more and more every day?
Now I need your help.

I want to know what parents and teachers plan to do when school is opened. I know it has a lot to do with where you live, but any information you can give me will be helpful. You don't have to use your name but I would like to share your plans with parents all over the country who are agonizing over the same decisions. Just be honest with me. I do not want to let you know what I would do if I were a teacher and/or a parent until I collect your comments. 
Thank you very much.
Here's the comment link.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Schools are opening virtually. For our 3rd grader and Kindergartner that is going to be problematic as we both work. We are trying to hire a college age kid to keep them occupied/ help with studies a few hours a day. Every child is going to be delayed

Anonymous said...

I don't have school-aged children but can't imagine sending them to school. Even the school Trump's son goes to isn't reopening.
Towanda

Anonymous said...

Sandwich versus sandwich packaging. It’s a failure of the logic that sandwich = good, packing = bad unless of course, the person assembling the sandwich is using aseptic technique and another person puts the sandwich in the packaging not using aseptic technique…doubtful that. Regarding the “opinion” piece as supportive of the low risk assessment of take out food, I would like to see the controlled peer reviewed study and data. It’s annoying to me that there is so much opinion out there that is presented as fact (think trump). I ordered my first masks on 1-23-20 after watching a boondoggle WHO news conference. I didn’t wait for Dr. Fauci to suggest it 5 months later.. Just saying….

Anonymous said...

PS: I have a BSME, MBA and worked at Baxter Labs in R&D; work which included design of sterile connectors...

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive