About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Saturday, December 5, 2020

SATURDAY #4364

One Of My Very Own

<>

Send me what you hope Biden will do and we can ascertain how disappointed you will be.
<>

EMAIL: 

ralh.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

<>


<>

THE RISIBLE


Asians.
^^A1^^

^^A2^^

^^A3^^

^^A4^^

Our local royalty.
^^A5^^

That's a school teacher joke.
^^A6^^

^^A7^^

"Three of those will level you out."
^^A8^^

^^A9^^

<>

Cats probably wonder why soda cans yell "FUCK OFF" when they are opened.


<>
<>

RATHER SERIOUS MATTERS


^^B1^^

^^B2^^

Well, well, well.
^^B3^^

^^B4^^

It is difficult not to conclude that Americans are a stupid people. We see examples all day every day. Now in our country, there are rumors that you can get covid by being tested. And people believe it!

This from a site I visit regularly:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?
Wouldn't you love to hear the logic behind that?
Let's start with the uselessness of a mask because it's airborne.
Let me help.
The virus travels (mostly) by being expelled out of one person's nose or mouth bloating in a droplet of water a short distance into the nose or mouth of another person. That much should be beyond any question. 
And it occurs to me that a simple mask could AT LEAST minimize that transfer.
What part of that is so hard to understand?
^^B5^^

The ISS is wearing out. Rather sad that.
^^B6^^

If after all that has happened you don't realize that the whole fucking system is rigged against us then you haven't been paying attention.
^^B7^^

I concur.
^^B8^^

Having a dress code for Zoom calls is the stupidest thing I've heard all year. 
^^B9^^

Dogs can't fake love

I'm assuming that is an emotional support dog.
^^B10^^

At 20 minutes long, no time is wasted in this forensic reconstruction of August's massive explosion in Beirut. Footage of the fire and the detonation are carefully timestamped and positioned, the smoke plume studied by experts, and both the scene and the explosion modeled in 3D to determine exactly where, why and what happened. I was particularly struck by the fastidious recreation of the warehouse, right down to 243 individual bags of fertilizer, determined by low-quality but unambiguous footage from inside the building.


I found that fascinating.
^^B11^^

Had you been in the mob of abusers in 1963 would you admit it today?
And if you think the pandemic is a hoax will you stand by that claim in twenty years? The one excuse you can't use is that you had no way of knowing the truth. The whole fucking world knows the truth but a few nutcases in the US.
^^B12^^

This is how Inuits actually 'nose kiss' and not nose to nose like everyone thinks.

It shows affection and is not romantic like Hollywood movies thought you.

RH: I'm assuming that's her son...the embarrassed one.
^^B13^^

In fourteenth-century England, one of the only ways a woman could get a divorce was if her husband was impotent.

But first, she had to prove it in court." And so begins this eye-raising piece on Narratively. Who knew that there were people tasked by the court, sometimes even female and male friends of the couple, with attempting to arouse the accused hubby.

^^B14^^

My wife is a born protester. She also has no qualms throwing the F-bomb around with abandon. That's not her but it could be.
^^B15^^

I've done that. My father told me how he kept alert on long drives. He would stop, get out, and throw rocks for a few minutes. And that actually works.
^^B16^^

All things Ralph...

Known for his distinctive ink-spatter style and contributions to "gonzo journalism," counterculture cartoonist Ralph Steadman's career is examined in a new 368-page hardcover book. Ralph Steadman: A Life in Ink ($60) is available now.

^^B17^^

<>

Today I bought a 65-inch flat-screen from a crack head and when I got home and plugged it home the McDonald's menu popped up.


<>
<>

THAT WHICH IS SELDOM SEEN


How wonderful.
^^C1^^

^^C2^^

^^C3^^

^^C4^^

If those are feral hogs someone should shoot them before the dozen or so piglets add to the infestation.
^^C5^^

I find it interesting how similar are the feet of so many mammals.
^^C6^^

Boy, I read that wrong. Initially, I thought the top V-shape was her flesh and couldn't figure out the darker lower part.
^^C7^^

I posted that to discuss my wife's desktop and it took me multiple viewings to notice the dog.
^^C8^^

In my youth, I had exemplary reflexes. We played games like this regularly. 
My favorite was having one player stand with his hands held in front of him at waist high with palms together. The other player stood facing him with his arms to his side palms against thighs. This latter guy tried to slap the outstretched hands of the other guy.
I was very good at that.
^^C9^^

A couple of herbivores just chilling.
^^C10^^

We all did.
^^C11^^

*MNBT

Oh, look, another...
^^C12^^


I sure would like to see the security footage of that.
^^C13^^

<>

It helps if you imagine the autocorrect as a tiny little elf in your phone who is trying so hard to be helpful but is in fact quite drunk.


<>
<>

AND AWRY WE GO


^^D1^^

I'm thinking that the dog doesn't know the glass exists.
^^D2^^

I read that all sleep disorders are anxiety disorders. So, this isolation may be stressing me out more than I realize because I'm not sleeping worth a shit.
^^D3^^

Homeschooling Physics Lesson

^^D4^^

^^D5^^

^^D6^^

^^D7^^

If 2020 was a baseball game...

^^D8^^

Yes, I've had cars catch on fire before. And, yes, I used to do my own electrical work.
^^D9^^

Watch carefully there will be a pop quiz.

I love to watch stuff like that and try to deduce what exactly happened. Here are my options:

He mistook the accelerator for the brake.

He noticed that his wife had thrown out all of his stuff outside the garage.

He saw his best friend's car parked at his house when he came home unexpectedly.

^^D10^^

<>

<>


<>


<>


<>



<>


<>

https://imgur.com/gallery/60IvZf0

<>


<>


<>

There is a moving GIF in here somewhere.


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Puzzle time: Waldo at the judge's bench in lower left corner to left of volleyball net.
He is going up and down.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive