About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

TUESDAY #4528

 One Of My Very Own

<>

EMAIL: ralh.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

<>

*MNBT


I have a suggestion - why don't vaccinated people signal their friends that they are safe with the double vee hand gestures? No awkward questions, no words...you just see an old friend and exchange double vees and you both know the other person is safe.


And if you think that's none of anyone's business then you don't know how viruses work.


"The United Imbeciles of America."

<>


The hardest I’ve ever been owned in my life was when I was 21 in Lowe's and a teenager asked me where the manga section was. I told them but also said, “I don’t work here.” They looked me dead in the eye and said “I know. You just looked like someone who would know.”
<>

<>

THE GOOD


WW1 British Armored Car

The usual Armored car was the Rolls Royce Heavy. Though more powerful, and better armored, these got bogged down. It was observed that the little Fords scooted over and through the mud and crud. This little armored car was designed and 9 were made. Most went to Russia, some to the Western front.  They sported 6mm armor and a Maxim Machine gun.

This guy built himself one...

Did you know those are wooden spokes on the wheels?

^^A1^^

There's an old joke in there someplace:

Him: I've invented the zero.

Wife: What?

Him: Nothing. Nothing.

^^A2^^

How wonderful. I know as a fact how important it is for a son to do things with their father.

^^A3^^

Yellowstone Is Shooting Paintballs At Wolves Now

It’s for their own good, apparently. Yellowstone National Park is now shooting paintballs at wolves. Since wildlife and human interaction is an issue in the park, signs, and notices are scattered all over the park to warn visitors. However, it seems that these warnings are no longer enough to keep the tourists safe from accidents when they get too close for the animals’ comfort. Now, park officials are using paintballs to deter the wolves from engaging and interacting with the park’s visitors.

^^A4^^

The remains of an 18th-century ship, that periodically reappears in York, Maine with the tides.

^^A5^^

Nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, something, something, now what?

^^A6^^

Wild panda numbers are finally rebounding after years of decline. In September, the International Union for Conservation of Nature announced that pandas have been upgraded from “endangered” to “vulnerable.”

*I posted that again because of the perfect photo for that headline.

^^A6^^

^^A8^^

Not me. Who would I gamble with?

^^A9^^

This silver pendant I found metal detecting is dated 227 years ago today.

I think metal detecting would be a wonderful hobby.

I was wandering through the woods when I was a lad and found this:

^^A10^^


Did you know that there are houses being sold for just €1 ($1.20) in Italy?

The deal sounds too good to be true, of course. However, according to California resident Rubia Daniels, they’re real - just don’t expect brand new houses.

You can do what you like with the interior, as long as you keep the façade as it originally would have been.

Hell, I would pay a buck 20 for just the key!

^^A11^^

LET'S CLOSE OUT THIS SECTION WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE BETTER AT DOING WHAT THEY DO THAN I AM AT DOING ANYTHING


^^A12^^

^^A13^^

^^A14^^

The successful landing of Starship SN15

^^A15^^

^^A16^^

RAAF  de Havilland Canada DHC-4 Caribou performs a "Wheelbarrow" maneuver 

I wonder if that has a practical application.

^^A17^^

Remember weeks ago that I wondered about this?

Taking The Emergency Exit From A Wind Turbine

Tom Scott climbs to the top of a wind turbine so that we don't have to. We find out what it looks like inside, what the view is like from the top, how not to fall off, and for the purpose of the video, how to get down safely in an emergency. Now I'm convinced that all hard hats need a pair of googly eyes.

^^A18^^

<>

The suburbs are powerful. No matter how strong you think you are, by day two you’re eating dinner at 4 and asking what the weather’s looking like tomorrow.


<>
<>

THE BAD


I can't help but feel sorry for the homeless but they can be a pain in the ass. With the ring in my pocket, I took my bride to a wonderful city park to propose. We had to walk around for an hour to find a bench without a bum sleeping on it.

^^B1^^

^^B2^^

That is a hell of a vehicle.

^^B3^^

^^B4^^

Have you ever wondered what a failed state looks like? 

Exhibit #1: Abandoned airbase on Sakhalin Island






Many of the hardened bunkers still have decaying MIGs in them.


Exhibit #2

Police shooting civilians from above amid national protests in Buga, Colombia.

^^B 5-6^^


They do it differently here in America...

^^B 7-8^^

<>

Every time I finish a roll of toilet paper it feels like a petal falling off the enchanted rose in Beauty and the Beast.


<>
<>

THE UGLY


I'm still upset about what Trump did to the Kurds - our long time friends and allies.

^^C1^^

*MNBT

^^C2^^


^^C3^^

Researchers from Wageningen University & Research believe that a facial recognition AI can be used to identify the emotional state of farm animals.

^^C4^^

^^C5^^

^^C6^^

^^C7^^

This cartoonist is a horse of a whole nother color...

I'm still repulsed that grown men do that every morning without realizing how ridiculously sissy it is.

^^C8^^

This is more typical of his work...

^^C9^^


Did he really think we needed the red circle?

^^C10^^

That's not really ugly but it didn't fit anywhere else.

^^C11^^

Shut the fuck up - demonstrated.

^^C12^^

How could you resist doing that?

But in all fairness, the blinds were fucked up prior to the incident.

^^C13^^

What with the girl with the ball? Melinda Gates?

^^C14^^

<>

<>


<>


<>


<>


<>


<>

<>


<>




<>




2 comments:

Steve said...

Puzzle:
Fact
Pact
Past
Pass
Mass

Anonymous said...

A17: https://i.imgur.com/awindSL.gifv

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive