About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Friday, August 20, 2021

FRIDAY #4622

 One Of My Very Own

<>

EMAIL: 

ralh.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

<>

A brave Afghan woman leading a march against the Taliban

I wish them the best of luck.


"Middle-aged Arab men are wallowing in "poisonous nostalgia" because they believe the world is coming apart before their eyes. It's like a mid-life crisis for a lot of Arab males for whom they want it to be 969 again. Unfortunately, they've been told by politicians and political entrepreneurs that with just enough willpower and rage and anger and resentment they can turn the hands of time back and, you know, make it 965 again."

The above is an altered text of conservative commentator and U.S. Naval War College professor Tom Nichols' explanation of the rising tide of angry middle-aged white men that helped fuel the rise of Donald Trump and why their reasoning is dead wrong.

"The argument is that middle-aged white men are wallowing in "poisonous nostalgia" because they believe the world is coming apart before their eyes. It's like a mid-life crisis for a lot of white males for whom they want it to be 1969 again. Unfortunately, they've been told by politicians and political entrepreneurs that with just enough willpower and rage and anger and resentment they can turn the hands of time back and, you know, make it 1965 again."
<>

<>


<>

Nowadays when my wife says she wants to have some real fun, she means she wants to squirt the squirrels off the bird feeder with the bleach-filled water gun.


<>
<>

PEOPLE


Linda Ronstadt - The Voice of an Angel

Her partial duet on Graceland was one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard.

For your enjoyment

Linda Ronstadt's

Blue Bayou

^^A1^^

Jeff Bezos catches an employee on a restroom break (2021, colorized).

And then there's this...

^^A 2-3^^


This is the look I get from every stranger when I ask if I could look at her feet...

 ^^A 4-5^^

^^A6^^

I've been honing my Photoshop skills...

^^A7^^

Yeah, and I'm the guy who thought the new printers with user-added bottles of ink would solve the problem until I discovered they cost as much as my last used car.

^^A8^^

I know I've said it before but I am flabbergasted by people who reject the science of vaccines and such then rush to the hospital when they get sick.

^^A9^^

How very wonderful.

^^A10^^

*MNBT

^^A11^^

What's funnier, Snoops feet or not even seeing Kevin's?

^^A12^^

^^A13^^

There are children being born whose PARENTS were not alive when Harry Potter's The Sorcerer's Stone came out.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001).

^^A14^^

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, the latest data shows that transmission from surfaces is a remote possibility.

^^A15^^

I would like to meet those people.

^^A16^^

Olympic climbers visualizing their moves from the ground.

Here's what they went on to do...

Those visualizing climbers reminded me of my wife at concerts during her drugging days...

^^A17^^

Speaking of my wife's dancing, guess which one of these women dances exactly like my wife...

HAHAHABANANAHA!

^^A18^^

Does anybody know anything about the rules of the Special Olympics?

Specifically, do people with no legs compete against people with, say, one leg or one leg and one arm?

^^A19^^

A mime is a terrible thing to waste.

^^A20^^

^^A21^^

<>

The best time to tell a girl that she has something stuck in her teeth is when there’s no mirror around and there’s nothing in her teeth.


<>
<>

PLACES


I posted this long ago. I thought it had been photoshopped.

A Wisconsin state recreation area is named for this guy...

They were all taking hits from the Bong.

^^B1^^

Back home after a successful world tour.

^^B2^^

I don't know where this is. I'm assuming it's a viewing platform.

But I noticed the safety railing was designed to be very difficult to climb.

^^B3^^

People seem to have a thing for high places...

^^B4^^

Yeah, I get the gag of having alcohol in the kid's section but I couldn't get over the prices.

^^B5^^

Nice. Look at the column beside the door that includes part of the root system.

I really love wood...

^^B6^^


I'm the guy who has placed countless eating utensils all over America so you know I love that.

^^B7^^

If you live in that area, do you let your children go outside and play unsupervised?

And...

So you invite a huge creature into your home...the same home adorned with the skin and other body parts of other large creatures.

^^B 8-9^^

Religion - not even once.

^^B10^^

Don't blink...

17 y/o Sophia Floersch, German F3 Driver. Fractured spine, but otherwise alive. 

She's the one on the right.


At first, I thought it was fake then I saw the spectators running for their lives.

^^B11^^

<>

So much respect for Bed, Bath & Beyond for covering all three categories of things that can be sold.


<>
<>

THINGS


How clever.

^^C1^^

That young woman has a beautiful perfectly shaped mouth.

^^C2^^

I'm not sure if the concrete was wet or dry when the roots did that.

^^C3^^

I like sight gags in movies.

But remember, some person sat at a typewriter and wrote out the instructions...unless, of course, it was ad-lib.

^^C4^^

*MNBT

^^C5^^

I'm not exactly sure what that is about but I assume it has to do with this...

^^C6^^

He's wearing an octopus costume.

While painting a mural in a very small city in Kentucky I met an old man who sat on one side of the street in the morning then moved to the other side in the afternoon to avoid the sun. As he sat he whittled. Later I met other people and they all swore that the whittler used to win bets that he could slide a dozen donuts onto his dick. Others said they watched him lay out his manhood on a table and place a dozen silver dollars end to end on the shaft without the last one falling off the tip.

My jury is still out.

^^C7^^

I haven't a clue but after the last year and a half, we've all been through I understand.

^^C8^^

*Verification required

^^C9^^

<>

<>


<>


<>


<>


<>

<>

<>



<>




<>


<>


CAMP BURNT GIN

Camp Burnt Gin is a very special summer camp for children with special needs. They have severely burned children, amputees, palsy, and mental retardation.

I took their photos, drew high-contrast images of them on the bus, and supervised them as they painted it. Of course I had a trick.

Those are Hektographic Pencils that I used to order by the case. The "lead" is hardened purple mimeograph ink which will bleed through any number of paint layers so that I could always see where the original drawing was and after a few weeks in the sun the purple line fades to nothing. So if someone fucks it up I just come back at night and make it perfect and nobody is any the wiser.

During my talks with the young counselors, I said that their job must be very rewarding because children who normally are made fun of can relax here with other children who also have problems. They all died laughing and one young lady said, "Who wants to tell him?" A young black guy said, "Listen, ain't nothin' different here. The disfigured hate the amputees and the amputees hate the palsied and the palsied hated the disfigured and they all hate the retards."

I will never forget that for as long as I live.



No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive