About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Thursday, October 7, 2021

THURSDAY #4670

 One Of My Very Own

<>

EMAIL: 

ralh.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

<>

<>

<>

FUN WITH LANGUAGE


*Viewer Contribution

^^A1^^

^^A2^^

Did he work for tips?

He looks EXACTLY what I would have thought he would look like.

*That was fake but still fun.

^^A3^^

I stopped the truck next to the Grand Canyon. We got out. I  moaned and immediately said, "Okay, let's go."

My wife said, "GO?! We just got here! What's wrong with you?"

And I touched the bridge of my nose and said, "Erosion always depresses me."

And a good time was had by all.

^^A4^^

^^A5^^

^^A6^^

^^A7^^

As mentioned prior, I used to carve tiny cutlery.

^^A8^^

Try to keep up...

^^A9^^

<>

My wife once applied Chapstick throughout our entire 13-minute conversation.


<>

Indeed.

<>

HUMAN MENAGERIE


Amazon driver accidentally throws a package up on the roof.

^^B1^^

Carhops in Dallas, Texas 1940

In the 40s, women carhops had discovered their tips could increase by up to $25 a week, about $460 in today’s money if they wore significantly revealing costumes. One offended woman in Texas complained to the Fort Worth Star "we women are sick of looking at girls’ legs; we’d rather look at men’s” in an effort to force a change in women’s uniforms. Instead, a local drive-in responded by hiring "four husky young men... in blue shorts, white sweaters, and fancy cowboy.

^^B2^^

WTF?

^^B3^^

^^B4^^

^^B5^^

Kim Crow: The First Woman to Have Her Voice Digitized for the Cockpit Warning System ... (She's the Original Bitchin' Betty)

Not only all modern US fighters but also NASA.

^^B6^^

Is that an invitation or a warning?

^^B7^^

Connor McGregor throwing out the first pitch at a Cubs game.

Probably the first time he had ever held a baseball.

^^B8^^


Anybody? I'm thinking Burning Man but I'm not sure.

^^B9^^

German bodybuilder Eugene Sandow was captured on video in 1896.

^^B10^^

So, the arrows are hollow?

^^B11^^

^^B12^^

<>

The day my 4-year-old daughter once stopped in the middle of a soccer game to yell out to me that she smelled BBQ was the proof I needed that I was her father.


<>
<>

OBJECTS OF INTEREST


Baby Chameleons helping with pest control.

That looks like fun!

^^C1^^

I would have drop-kicked that little fucker into next Tuesday.

^^C2^^

And there is nothing "cute" about this assault...

^^C3^^

In case you need a hint...

^^C4^^

The dress Carol Burnett wore (designed by Bob Mackie) in "Went with the Wind" is in the Smithsonian.

The whole nation erupted in laughter at the sight of it.

^^C5^^

"You scratched my anchor."

The stainless steel bit on the bow makes me think this isn't the first time he's had a docking mishap.

^^C6^^

Before and after: Here's a reconstruction of Curetes Street in ancient Ephesus. This is how Ancient Greece looked like at that time.

^^C7^^

Walking under a glacier in Iceland

There's a lot of that sort of thing going around this year.

^^C9^^

Ambient magnetic field

What could cause such a thing? And please don't say "a magnetic field." I know that part.

^^C10^^

<>

If you jumped out of a plane would you rather have a parachute or the knowledge of how to make a parachute? Most people would say parachute. and that’s why most people never start a successful business.


<>
<>

INFORMATION ACQUISITION


French woman with baguettes and six bottles of wine, 1945

When I was in Europe the natives went shopping every day for the evening meal. There was always a small grocery, meat market, and bakery wishing walking distance. I've seen countless men and women toting baguettes home in the evening.

^^D1^^

Remember, us paying for food stamps for Walmart employees means we are subsidizing their business.

^^D2^^


^^D3^^

The Soviet Union detonated a 30-kiloton nuclear explosive to extinguish a natural gas fire that raged out of control for three years.


And it worked!

Nice graphics.

^^D4^^

I'm assuming they can't use riding lawnmowers.

^^D5^^

^^D6^^

^^D7^^

In December 2019, India had built 33,700 km of roads using plastic waste, which means every 1 km road uses 1 million plastic bags.

^^D8^^

^^D9^^

It's called "Horse Acing" and it looks like a lot of fun...

I did have some questions that were answered in the comments:

"When do you turn the side ones over? The side column of cards, the one that makes them go backward, you know what I mean?

I think it's when all the aces have passed that row, and they just fucked up on the first one."

^^D10^^

<>

<>


*Verification Required

<>


<>


<>


<>


<>


My, doesn't she look...healthy.

<>




No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive