About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Saturday, November 26, 2022

SATURDAY #5085

One Of My Very Own

<>

EMAIL: 

ralh.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

<>

<>

READ ME, SEYMOUR


*Verification Requested

^^A1^^

To be fair, if you know of any of Biden's children who stole from children with cancer please let me know and I will post it.

^^A2^^

Just ask yourself one question: How would you feel about it if Obama had done the exact same thing for the exact same reasons? Be honest.

^^A3^^

---

---

This is the most damning point for the crazies...

---
^^A4^^

I have another take. Have you priced handbags lately? They are insanely overpriced. And the same people who make pocketless clothing also make handbags. Why would they want to give away pockets when they can sell handbags?

^^A5^^

I'm a face guy. I don't remember names worth a shit but can place faces I've only seen once.

^^A6^^

Trump said that climate change will cause the oceans to rise 1/16" over 200 years.

^^A7^^

^^A8^^

How very interesting.

^^A9^^

Another honeymoon memory.

^^A10^^

^^A11^^

<>

What if all of the Indiana Jones movies are just dreams that Han Solo has while he's frozen in carbonate?

<>
<>

Someone said, "Real growth starts when you get tired of your own shit," and I felt that.

<>

IMAGES OF NOTE


I like living in a country where I could start a mural business or my wife could open three stores. But unchecked Capitalism can be a problem. I was once told that the ONLY responsibility of corporations was to make money for their investors. But with that philosophy you get Monsanto and Nestle, not to mention buying politicians with campaign contributions.

^^B1^^

^^B2^^

A school of mullet with their shadows making it look like there were twice as many.

^^B3^^

The baker must have hacked the sign.

^^B4^^

Oh, the humanity.

^^B5^^

7ft tall statue of gorilla Harambe in NY city

I'm having a little trouble understanding the protruding hand.

^^B6^^

^^B7^^

There was actually a movie about that very thing.

^^B8^^

^^B9^^

This is the only time I found myself rooting for the Blair Witch.

^^B10^^

^^B11^^

And...

^^B12^^

<>

Someone has probably imagined punching you in the face in a fake scenario.

<>
<>

Men spend an average of 78 hours a year hiding in the bathroom for peace and quiet.

<>

GET LEARNT


The Atlatl

The atlatl weapon can puncture vital organs in bison carcasses and travel so far through the body it protrudes from the other side.

^^C1^^

^^C2^^

^^C3^^

Jupiter's rings, its moons Amalthea (the bright point at left) and Adrastea (the faint dot at the left tip of rings), and even background galaxies are visible in this image from JWST's NIRCam instrument. 

^^C4^^

A bar owner friend of mine built a deck on the roof of his building and the building code stated that it had to be strong enough to support a person every two square feet on a foot of snow. A foot of snow. In South Carolina. And who the fuck would want to be on a deck on the roof in the snow?

^^C5^^

^^C6^^

Two of mathematics’ most revolutionary ideas -  the concepts of zero and infinity - came to be, not just once, but over and over again as different cultures invented them across thousands of years.

^^C7^^

3D print with your empty plastic bottles

^^C8^^

I could never do that. If I saw a car do that, my first thought would be to ask if he had a bleeding child that he was rushing to the hospital. I simply could not drive by his stranded car without finding out.

^^C9^^

<>

This is a shout-out to those of you on the toilet right now reading this. Have a great shit. Seriously.

<>
<>

Anytime microwave instructions are like heat for 3 minutes on “50% power” it’s like… what on earth are you talking about?

<>

PEOPLE I WOULD LIKE TO MEET


Did you notice her barrel control? This is how most barrel rise and lower on full auto.

That inch or so rise of the barrel would equate to multiple feet at the target. Now go back to the first lady and notice the barrel is remarkably steady.

^^D1^^

"What do you mean it will take two trips?!"

^^D2^^

Iran

^^D3^^

Norm Abrams, the woodworker guy, once had a huge bandage covering most of his arm and his guest asked what happened and he said he didn't want to talk about it.

I just assumed he cut it in his shop and I thought he had missed a perfect teaching moment concerning safety.

^^D4^^

I bet he has some great stories.

^^D5^^

????

^^D6^^

In all fairness, we have all wanted to do that at least once.

^^D7^^

^^D8^^

Fellow fat people: don't do stuff like this. Just don't. Things like this were not made for us, and can only lead to tragedy and comedy.

^^D9^^

The Coconut Harvest

^^D10^^

Fire Knife Dancer

^^D11^^

The Games Men Play

^^D12^^

^^D13^^


<>


<>


<>


<>


<>


<>


<>


Who is this and where is he...specifically?







14 comments:

Anonymous said...

C1 have you ever tried throwing an atlatl? It's very difficult and takes a lot of practice.

Once mastered, however, it's very effective.

MIKE HARRIS said...

Pic; is it Al Capone at Alcatraz?

Ralph Henry said...

Dear C1 Anon, Boy, I haven't used an atlatl since I won the Atlatl Throwing Regionals back in '84.
RH

Ralph Henry said...

Dear Mr. Harris, You are correct.
RH

Anonymous said...

A11 "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy”
https://www.techtarget.com/whatis/definition/42-h2g2-meaning-of-life-The-Hitchhikers-Guide-to-the-Galaxy

Anonymous said...

A2: That’s there is what’s known as “cherry picking”. Oh you are so clever.

Ralph Henry said...

Dear A2 Anon, My wife tells me I'm the cleverest guy whose dick she sucked in an up elevator in an Atlanta hotel in 1986. How about you, Sparky? Are you that clever?
RH

Anonymous said...

Ugh. You are always boosting about what a great lover you are. You think anyone believes it? It smacks of over compensation.

Ralph Henry said...

Dear Ugh, Your wife believes it.
RH

Anonymous said...

D-1, you're not really trying to compare thé recoil of a rifle to that of 12 GA auto shotgun, huh? For all the gun control you speak of, I'll bet you own guns and still don't know shit about them.

Ralph Henry said...

Dear D1 Anon, Why so rude? I wanted to comment on how the first woman's barrel barely moved and used the second woman to show how barrels normally rise and fall. Sure, they aren't the same type of weapon but that wasn't the point.
Item 2: You brought up "gun control" so let me ask you. What exactly are you willing to do to end the slaughter of children in their classroom?
RH

Anonymous said...

Oh Ralph, I don't have an answer for that. I do have have a very strong opinion that if I, a free man, a U.S. Army veteran, a father, a husband and now a grateful grandfather were to relinquish all of my firearms, it would stop exactly ZERO mass shootings. Not to mention leave me virtually defenseless. Ask yourself, would giving up your guns prevent any future mass shootings? There are over 57000 gun laws on the books. If those don't stop mass shooting, how will one more law do it? I don't have the answer, you don't have the answer, and your empty words and curmudgeonly demeanor full of exasperated old man anger aren't making a dent either.

Ralph Henry said...

Dear Gun Guy, No one has ever suggested taking away all of your guns. I do think that banning the weapon of choice of mass murderers would be something to try. If that doesn't work then try something else but I think it's cowardly just to throw up our hands and give up because the workable solution is difficult to find.
Additionally, you always seem to have a need to make a personal attack on me. Can't you just discuss a topic without that? I have stated several times that I don't like to be insulted. The next time you do so I will click on one little button and your comments will be blocked forever. Tread lightly, my friend.
And lastly, why in the world do you spend so much time visiting Folio Olio if you find it so deplorable? I'm beginning to think it is just so you can hide behind the anonymous label and make snide comments.
RH

Anonymous said...

first prisoner of alcatraz

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive