About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Monday, February 6, 2023

MONDAY #5157

One Of My Very Own

*I now think he should have said, "I wish I loved anything as much as I hate this motherfucker."

<>

EMAIL: 

ralh.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

<>

<>

STACK BOX


This image gave me the idea for my money box.

I think you will agree that my alternating east/west rows with north/south rows made mine less boring.

---

I have plans to make a box that looks like a stack of firewood.

I've even found a firewood company in my area where I can go and select the pieces I require.

---

This image was the impetus for the box I'm working on now.

Unlike the stack above, I have a lid that must open, so I worked on the top pieces first.

The lids of the gray toolbox and red cooler go up with the lid, and the bottom part is attached to the box body.

I tried to keep the lid as level as possible in case someone wants to use it as a coffee table or whatever.

The hinge supports were crucial because the lid is very, very heavy. I solved the problem this way.

Both the level and the newels allowed me to screw the shit out of them.

---

I even managed to include my old friend.

---

This is a piece of very thin plywood with a 3/4" frame under it. 

I have everything prepared to turn it into the top of an Amazon box.

---

Rather cleverly, I positioned the toolbox in the front middle so I could use the handle to lift the lid.

Updates to follow, but first I need to take a trip to Goodwill to find more rectangular-shaped objects...cheap.

<>

<>

Back in my day, there was so much toilet paper and eggs that we threw them at the houses of our enemies.

<>
<>

Do you think McGonagall ever got into petty fights with Hogwarts cats just to let off some steam?

<>

PONDERABLES


They will always be the batshit crazy people but I hold in great contempt the people who remain silent about such insanity.

^^A1^^

^^A2^^

^^A3^^

"Trickle Down Theory" was the biggest boondoggle ever pulled on the middle class.

^^A4^^

Advertising Agencies run EVERYTHING by a focus group. One was given the task of naming subdivisions for a developer and they ended up getting a map of England and just copying the name of towns.

^^A5^^

THE INTERNET RESPONDS TO THE BALLOON

---

---

---

---

---
---
^^A6^^

<>

I would love to see the looks on the disciples' faces when Neil Degrasse Tyson explained that the "empty" tomb was actually full of air.

<>
<>

A bunch of 6ft bearded Norsemen and buff shieldmaidens with large axes would absolutely lose their shit over the bead aisles at Michael's.

<>

SHIT YOU DON'T SEE 

EVERY DAMN DAY


^^B1^^

I think these are all in China.

---

---

They must not have eminent domain over there.

^^B2^^

I know the lady second from the left.

She's a "thrower" in the Highland Games and holds a world record.

Her specialty is the Sheaf Toss where a weighted burlap bag is tossed over a goal post-like device with a small pitchfork.

The first time my friend brought her home as his wife we threw a party in a large bar. She walked in the front door, shook a few hands, then ran to the end of the bar where I was sitting. She screamed, "Ralph!" and hugged me so hard she lifted me off the floor. I asked how she knew it was me and she said, "I read your blog every goddamn day!"

^^B3^^

Just something else to worry about when you go swimming.

^^B4^^

I've heard of liking it rough but that's ridiculous.

^^B5^^

^^B6^^

Statue by Francesco Queirolo

I wonder over the years how many pieces have broken off and had to be glued back in place.

^^B7^^

^^B8^^

Rock, Paper, Scissors Championship

^^B9^^

Snake Whisperer

^^B10^^

2.7km Sniper Shot

About a mile and a half.

^^B11^^

Walmart in Mexico
^^B12^^

^^B13^^

German riot police were defeated and humiliated by 

some kind of mud wizard.

^^B14^^

Rain Spot

^^B15^^

Dog Leg

^^B16^^

<>

I just read that the Loch Ness Monster is actually the ghost of an ancient dinosaur, and since it affects nothing and nobody I've decided to believe it, as a treat for myself.

<>
<>

You, mortal beings, are the instrument by which the universe cares. If you choose to care, then the universe cares. If you don't, it doesn't.

<>

DANGER, DANGER, DANGER


He does that very well.

^^C1^^

When the tip broke off one of our arrows, we would tap a cherry bomb to it, light it, and shoot it as high as we could. We did this at night and had no way of knowing where the arrow would come down. And we lived through it.

^^C2^^

It was stated that it was an attempted robbery.

^^C3^^

Do they put some kind of anti-skid stuff on the soles of their shoes?

^^C4^^

Beware your good Samaritans

^^C5^^

Another case of "I know a guy who can do it cheaper".

^^C6^^

^^C7^^

Catapult Dive

A long time ago I saw a single vault and thought it was photoshopped.

^^C8^^



Here's why the above is so terrifying...

The young man atop the car attempted to do something not so extraordinary then the door opened - the element of unanticipated actions by others.

The guy on the mountain pass could have met his demise if just one of those people that he passed had suddenly bent over sneezing, fainted, or reached out a hand to shoo a fly.

^^C 9-10^^

<>

My voicemail greeting says: "Hi, you've reached my voicemail. When you hear the beep, hang up, and send me a text like a normal person."

<>
<>

You only get one life. Don't spend it at war with yourself.

<>

HUMAN INGENUITY


Let me remind you of this...

^^D1^^

^^D2^^

^^D3^^

^^D4^^

^^D5^^

Drawbridge

^^D6^^

Fire Starter

Did anyone else cringe that his fingers were so close?

^^D7^^

La Pickaso Guitar Bow (SONIDO)

I thought it was beautiful.

^^D8^^

Inventions

^^D9^^

Robot

Boston Dynamics released this new video showing off what Atlas can do. My guess is that it's completely choreographed but still very impressive and uncanny. 

Here are more details:

 https://youtu.be/XPVC4IyRTG8

^^D10^^

<>

<>

<>

<>

<>

<>

<>







5 comments:

JNR said...

*OSIT
I thought it was "Oh Shit it's true"

billr said...

^^A4^^ By Boondoggle I presume you meant Scam.

Ralph Henry said...

Dear Billr,
boon·dog·gle
/ˈbo͞onˌdäɡ(ə)l/
Learn to pronounce
INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
noun
work or activity that is wasteful or pointless but gives the appearance of having value.
"writing off the cold fusion phenomenon as a boondoggle best buried in literature"
verb
waste money or time on unnecessary or questionable projects.
"the only guarantees are higher taxes and bureaucratic boondoggling"
RH

Anonymous said...

^^B11^^
They have longer shots, check out their channel https://youtube.com/@markandsamafterwork/videos

Anonymous said...

Puzzle Time
1. B
2. F
3. A
4. D

Just write the town letters on grid paper from the directions given then it's easy to figure out.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive