About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

ANTI-SERMON #1468






So, using the same logic, god, who came from nowhere and had been there forever suddenly decided to create and test us by putting a magic tree in our backyard, etc, etc.


 Oh, really?
Has this guy never watched the news?
Tell that to all the children with cancer.


One of my very own...

When was the last time you had a conversation with a person like this?
 I have them almost daily.


Most people totally reject that folly is even a possibility...

OOMVO...

Who in their right mind would trust this man?

Logic. What's it good for anyway?

And if you have a reason for being born, it is to think for yourself.
It's not all that hard. Try it.

ONE LAST THOUGHT...
I really do understand that the mere thought of eternal life must be very, very comforting. I know how hard it is to even consider that dying is a no win situation.
But you have to consider how long "forever" is. Some folks believe that they will be living blissfully after the sun has burned out, after the last star has died.
I have had countless conversations about such things and the fallback position is....ready...."Maybe god will create another universe for us."
That's when you know the conversation is over.
There is a....what...theory (?) that when considering between all possible alternatives, always pick the simplest. I like that.




No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive