About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Thursday, December 5, 2013

THURSDAY #1832



NASA's Hubble Space Telescope has detected water in the atmospheres of five planets beyond our solar system.


These two people were married for 65 years and died 9 hours apart even though they didn't know the other one had died...

DHS stalls first and only no-fly list trial by putting witness on no-fly list.


One of my new young friends got her internship at the Department of Justice in Washington. I couldn't be more proud of her if she was my own daughter.




Well, this explains a lot...
Behavior can be affected by events in previous generations which have been passed on through a form of genetic memory, animal studies suggest. Experiments showed that a traumatic event could affect the DNA in sperm and alter the brains and behaviour of subsequent generations.

A Nature Neuroscience study shows mice trained to avoid a smell passed their aversion on to their "grandchildren". The animals were trained to fear a smell similar to cherry blossom. Both the mice's offspring, and their offspring, were "extremely sensitive" to cherry blossom and would avoid the scent, despite never having experiencing it in their lives.
"The experiences of a parent, even before conceiving, markedly influence both structure and function in the nervous system of subsequent generations," the report concluded.
Prof Marcus Pembrey, from University College London, said the findings were "highly relevant to phobias, anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorders" and provided "compelling evidence" that a form of memory could be passed between generations.



 If you are a guy and you have never fucked a warm pie...why not?

Our friend, the cop in our neighborhood. He's from Germany...married a US soldier and she brought him home...
Oh...and my wife.

We used to watch this movie ever Christmas...


Brown Snakes have become quite a significant problem in the 212 square miles of Guam. According to NBC News, the island has become home to an estimated 2 million of the slithering reptiles...that's a whopping 13,000 per square mile.

The U.S. has decided to take action by lacing the pests' favorite treat with a peculiar sort of Krytptonite: Tylenol. It takes only 80 milligrams of acetaminophen to make them go belly up. That's why on Sunday, thousands of mice laced with the over-the-counter pain killer floated through the sky in tiny cardboard parachutes to land at the local Andersen Air Force Base with the hopes that the "poison" will irradiate the infestation. 

This was the fourth and largest mice commando mission since an $8 million program was approved in February to rid the island of the snakes and rescue the native exotic birds that get eaten by the scaly rascals.





Too much change is not a good thing.

Ask the climate.





One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries."
-- A.A. Milne
Who would have thought he, of all people, said that. But I agree wholeheartedly.



I've been watching a Science Channel show about the future with James Wood. It's very interesting, and this image reminded me of it...

"Does all this authority make my ass look fat?"
Yes. Yes it does.

Who could argue with something so basic...

I was told that the paint job confused in the identification of the ship as to type and size...

"Oh, lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz..."

The Roman Empire...

One of the very few 10's in history...


Saw Moonrise Kingdom...a very strange movie. I suggest that you watch it.


Read an article about venomous animals and found that there is a price to pay. The first is that after their venom is empty, they are more or less defenseless. Then in the recovery stage, it's venom replacement depletes almost all the animal's energy...


Who needs reason when you have beer.




I want one of these...
I just wonder how they made it. Was the cement cast, then chiseled out, or was there a filler used above and around the tanks to keep the cement at bay?

To be or not to be. That’s not really a question.




I drink to forget about the time I waved at someone who was waving to a person behind me. I drink more to forget about the time I ordered at a restaurant and the waiter stuck out his hand and I shook it and I thought he was congradulating me on my choice when, in fact, he just wanted me to return the menu.


For years we have all known that union negotiating with government bodies is a sham. The mayor (or whatever) gives the union whatever it wants and the union turns out the vote for the mayor; both knowing that all the perks wouldn't be due for many years....
Now, just like Detroit, many cities are coming face to face with retirement benefits that they have no way of honoring. I...for what it's worth...say, "Fuck you. You scammed the system for decades and now the jig is up."

A real dot illusion in a bathroom...
Is that fucking great or what?!?!

OOMVO...

Pick a good wife and you'll die a happy man.
Pick a bad wife and you'll become a philosopher.


This is probably what most log cabins looked like...not taking the time to trim the logs to same length...

I always smile at the term "staff member" because both words mean penis.


OOMVO...
Dear Gentle Reader,
The above is exactly what my sense of humor is about.
I think it was one of my finer efforts.
Sincerely,
Your Host

All in a day's work...
Those magnificent bastards!

In dog years you are dead.



How to make scrambled boiled eggs...
I think I'm going to try this.

OOMVO...

What rock group has four men who don't sing?
Highlight: [ MOUNT RUSHMORE ]



Most people can spot a plot problem in a book almost immediately...
But when it comes to their holy books, they seem to put that logic away.

You can't clean something without something else getting dirty.



I'm no relationship expert, but I think men prefer women who make their dick hard and not their life.


I've seen shit like this more than once...

I once read on line that if you start a DVD and want to skip all the bullshit, just hit "stop" twice, then "start", and I tried it and it works.
Now I read this and want someone to tell me if it works.
When at an airport, add "?.JPG" at the end of any URL to access free wifi.
(Scott?)
Relax...it's not about sex.

Number One selling vehicle in each state...

It's interesting (at least to me) that 99 times out of 100 the word fuck is used in a context that doesn't mean intercourse....

This requires a second look...

I wonder what people with lives did today.



Now and then it's good to pause in your pursuit of happiness and just be happy.


Well, well, well...

I wish I had a dollar for every dollar I don't have.



I have no idea what this means, I just that it had a badass ring to it...

House made of wood and mirrors...



No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive