About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

THURSDAY #1881


I naively thought that at least in the South, we were headed for Spring. I was very, very wrong...

 A man after my own heart...

I have a theory about this mysterious rock on Mars...
 It was stated that the rover took the picture on the left, then moved away for a period of time. Then it returned to the same place and a rock had appeared.
I say one of the wheels displaced a rock and made it flip or slide to the new location.

 Let this be a warning to you...
 Do not embarrass the government...unless you have nothing planned to do for a while.


While you were sleeping, a new supernova appeared in the sky...


The bright ball at the right hand end of the Cigar Galaxy is, probably, what it looks like when an old, cold, dense husk of a star (aka a "white dwarf") explodes 12 million light years away. It may not look as impressive as you'd imagine, but astrophysicists were extremely excited when this likely supernova appeared in the sky last night. The big question now: Is it the result of one white dwarf going boom, or two white dwarfs crashing into each other?

Growing numbers of Jewish parents in US begin to question the need for circumcision, one of Judaism's oldest rituals.


In Syria, immunizations are withheld as an act of war and polio is on the rise.




Was reading the last words of people of interest. Here are two that I found interesting:


James W. Rodgers was an american murderer who was sentenced to death by firing squad. On the day of his death, before the firing squad, he was asked if he had any last requests. His answer was: "A bullet-proof vest."
R. D. Laing was a psychiatrist famous for his work on mental illness. On the day of his death he collapsed in public suffering from a heart attack. A crowd gathered around him and someone called out for a doctor. Laing's response was: "I'm a fucking doctor!"



New research suggests that brains of elderly slow because they know so much and only appear to slow down because they have so much information to compute, much like a full-up hard drive.

(I've often said that if you live long enough, there is so much shit I want to forget)



 Rather good non-shopped optical illusion...
 It was not, however, explained why he is dressed that way.

Sex is time consuming, energy draining and, some say, just down right demeaning...
 So do you think every animal finds pleasure in it, like humans, to encourage it?



Sometimes it sucks being gay.

We straight guys are just fucking cunts.

 I think they could have taught it to write his name with enough practice and rewards.

And...
Speaking of...

 80 Year Old Man Has Not Taken
A Bath In 60 Years.

 And then the last image of him...never explained...


Many people relate Helvetica font with the US Government because it’s used in tax forms.



WARNING: This is not a real magazine...

TWO THINGS YOU PROBABLY DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT PLANTS:
AND...

 Did you see it?


It’s impossible to tell the truth, especially when you’re trying to do it all the time.



I can remember all the out right lies about drugs told on many TV shows when I was growing up...
On of the most popular was that LSD would make you stare at the sun until you go blind.

Ran across a site with some interesting maps. Here's a sampling...
Territorial claims within the Arctic Circle...
Housing bubbles...

Household toilets in India...

Languages in America before settlements...

And all of these African Empires had slaves...

Where slavery is today...




You don’t have to be a hippy to see that destroying the planet you live on is a bad idea.


OOMVO...

And then the EU told Macedonia, “Sorry, you can’t sit at the cool kids' table.”


Uncle Ralph says...

The only time I went in a real coffee shop, there was a guy intensely sniffing each page of a Disney princess coloring book. Is this normal behavior for such places?




I wonder if drug sniffing dogs know that they're narc stoogies?.


But not, however, foolproof...


Comedy Central's Key and Peele is very funny.




Bisexual girls could alternatively be called "More-or-Less-Bians".


 And if it bites you and it dies your poisonous.
And if it bites itself and dies, it's voodoo.
And if it bites me and someone else dies, that's correlation, not causation.
And if we bite each other and neither of us dies, that's kinky.

Contrary to popular belief, the sling was the high-tech weapon of the day; capable of hurling a fist sized stone at 200 mph.

If life is unfair for everyone, doesn't that make it fair?



Want to take a guess as to what is going on here?
The shoes are made of chocolate. Those zany Japanese.

Can apparent superluminal neutrino speeds be explained as a quantum weak measurement?

Probably not.


Am I the only one who pissed on a tree once and it started moving? Turns out it wasn't a tree...and I never apologized to him.


Let me know how that works out for you.

Ladies, just because it zips doesn't mean it fits.


Did you notice that the kid's parent didn't stop filming to keep the kid out of the street?

My young daughter once asked me what masturbation was and I told her it was why she needs to knock before coming into my room.


You know you live in a mixed race neighborhood when...

A guy ran an ad in the newspaper saying WIFE WANTED.

He received over 100 replies and they all said the same thing: YOU CAN HAVE MINE!





No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive