About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Thursday, March 13, 2014

THURSDAY #1923


Malaysian Airline 370....

And on a serious note...



"Oh, my," gasped she....


The other night the wife and I forgot to pick a safeword…bitch almost killed me.



How do you suppose this happened?


How often do you guys close your internet tabs? One of mine is from the Kerry/Edwards campaign.



We all need hobbies...right......right?

Man solves six Rubik’s cubes of increasing complexity—2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6 and 7x7—in just 6 minutes and 23 seconds


Believe it or not, this is true...
But it is only a space suit...at least that's what the internet said and why would they lie?

The easiest way to find out if a movie is on Netflix is to simply ask yourself "Do I want to see it?" If you do, it's not on Netflix.


Keep Calm and Chive On.
I used to get the images from Chive emailed to me every day, then it just went flat. I would go days and not get anything worth reposting (stealing) on Folio Olio. They have a store that sells Chive products and now that commerce seems to be the sole purpose of the site. Well, my bar just got in a new beer.....KCCO beer. Seems like the boys have sold out.

FUCKING WITH WAIT STAFF #73:
Wait for them to ask if they could help you. Answer yes, pause, then say, "But I need to be able to trust you"





Video games are cool because they allow a diversity of themes. Whether the old west, Mars or Middle Ages, you can go there and shoot people.


Okay, let's suppose you wanted to do this, wouldn't you AT LEAST have the "bed" slanted the other way, not the oh-shit-I-rolled-off way?
And knowing men very well, since I am one, that man either just did or is thinking about spitting off that thing.


200,000 years ago, invention of string…set apart…clothing, bow, traps, tie shit together.


That is evidence that sometimes I write OOMVO's when I'm drunk....here another that I actually like...


Drones are being used to drop care packages of drugs into Quebec prisons.



We pay people to do stuff like this...


This is Jimi Hendrix's discharge...
"Individual is unable to conform to military rules."
I got an honorable discharge...but just barely. Here's a story.
I was once handed a memo and told to read it, then initial in the margin - proving I had, if fact, read it. It was a change of frequency of the nuclear missiles on which I worked. A few minutes later the same sergeant came back and told me I was not authorized to read that memo and that....get ready....I was to erase my initials and initial my erasure.
And that's a true story.

If you really knew me, you would know this is more or less true...
 But in lieu of my recent "unfortunate incident", it's no longer funny at all. So I offer...


I call this the stupidity trifecta...



SHIT I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT PIG MILK...
The acclaimed Chef Edward Lee has developed an obsession with pig milk. To his knowledge, there is little history of modern Americans consuming pig milk, largely because full-grown sows are dangerous. Says he, ". . . if you get kicked by a goat, you’ll get bruised. Get hit by a 250-lb. sow, you’re dead."




A newly deciphered letter home dating back around 1,800 years reveals the pleas of a young Egyptian soldier named Aurelius Polion who was serving, probably as a volunteer, in a Roman legion in Europe (modern day Hungary). In the letter, written mainly in Greek, Polion tells his family that he is desperate to hear from them and that he is going to request leave to make the long journey home to see them. Addressed to his mother (a bread seller), sister and brother, part of it reads: "I pray that you are in good health night and day, and I always make obeisance before all the gods on your behalf. I do not cease writing to you, but you do not have me in mind," it reads. "I am worried about you because although you received letters from me often, you never wrote back to me so that I may know how you ..."

My guess is that this is not a unique headline...

(that, Gentle Reader, is why I love the internet)

I really, really, really like smart people...
Stanford bioengineer Manu Prakash devised a pretty amazing paper microscope that uses cheap tiny spherical lenses. The "Foldoscope" costs around 50 cents.
This is Manu...
 And it works like a champ...
Should be a real boon for third world doctors.

Are you still one of those people who still believe the government lies?


How many people had to die before they put up the “caution: automatic door” sign?






Anybody heard of this shit...
I think the operative word here is "could".



Let me help you out, Mexican restaurant waiter, “Yes, always more chips.”


 Look at the guy in the background.


Two time pieces I really like...


I met a girl yesterday who said she recognized me from a vegetarian club, but I'd never seen herbivore.





My dear friend, Kent, really liked this the first time I posted it...
 ...and, believe me, Kent is not easily impressed.



I remember the first time I caught my daughter drinking a beer and she said, “I didn’t even like it.”

And I said, “Well, now you’re just trying to make me mad.”

Can you spot the poor kid...
 ...he's the one playing with a shoe.

Whenever you are sad, just remember that the Welsh word for microwave is popty ping.


Rebel with or without a cause...


UFO enthusiasts have it both ways. In the same show they first “prove” their existence by radar sightings. But when they have visual sightings but no radar confirmation, then the UFO used exceptional technology to “evade” radar.




But whatever you do, never ever dress differently than people in your peer group.
That was sarcasm, folks.

Yes, he is great, but he only said the words written by someone else and we don't even know his name.




How the NSA plans to automatically infect "millions" of computers with spyware

Thank you, Mr. Snowden.


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive