About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Monday, September 29, 2014

MONDAY #2122


THE NEWSY BITS...


A cradle left behind by Syrian Kurdish refugees lies at the Turkish-Syrian border near the southeastern town of Suruc in Sanliurfa province September 27, 2014. 



You know what makes me sad? The fact that I can’t drink while laying down.




That is a 400 year old marble statue of Pluto and Proserpina
Speaking of...

George Lucas can do whatever he wants with his millions.
And...
Well, Sparky, you have to earn your way to survival...it's kind of like a rule.


To avoid theft?

My kind of dog...

Is it really better to buy free range chicken? I feel that a caged bird probably longs for death, where as a free range has everything to live for.



Worker Painting the Eiffel Tower, 1953.

I find this sickeningly sad...
Seriously? Those magnificent beasts are isolated and uncomfortable for their whole lives....for OUR amusement? Really?

????

 For the first time, the Burning Man Organization has published a "MOOP Map" -- a map showing litter left behind by camps at the "leave no trace" event (MOOP stands for Matter Out Of Place). The filthiest camp? Gypsy Flower Power camp -- over 200 people, many of them first timers from overseas, who were apparently scammed by a serial ripoff artist called "Jonny Moonshine" with a history of doing this at multiple events, including other Burning Mans and a Rainbow Gathering in Hawaii. The comments are full of furious people who gave Moonshine money on the understanding that he'd arrange tickets, food, water, and other necessities, and who had to beg at other camps to keep from starving.


Famous people...


I learned a new Mexican phrase: Chicken Wing.
As in: "My ol'lady plays the lottery so chicken wing me some money."



I remember the exact moment that I realized that I don't require validation from anyone to be whole. I looked around, smiled and never looked back.


le 
It's time to move on, folks.


That is me when someone asks my wife why she hates SC Gov. Nikki Haley so much.

My wife and I have the cutest nicknames for each other. I call her my little buttercup and I'm her useless sack of shit.


Can you imagine what conspiracy people would have said if one of the World Trade Center buildings had fallen like this...

I hate walking in the kitchen for food and find only ingredients.



What 16th Century Arabs thought Europe looked like on Top of an Actual Map of Europe


North West Europe, 16,000 years ago.

A man did this when it was but a sampling...

One day I will solve my problems with maturity. Today, however, it will be with alcohol.


This guy spends way too much time in pubs...
(Is that the same guy as I posted last week?)

Life Tip: Always buy a birthday card with anything you are embarrassed to buy.





One Of My Very Own...

Actually, I got a thing for "Making".
I'm not talking about "Reaching One's Goals". I'm talking about MAKING things. I love to make things. I am a thing maker. The artist in my strives to make things (and this is important) that have never been made before. Not all that easy a thing to do.



That gif reminded me of a feature unique to birds.

Scientists had a hard time figuring out how a bird could fly for hours and hours and not use up all of its energy, specifically the flapping of the wings AND the beating of the heart to get the energy to the muscles. The secret lies in the wishbone. Every time the wings beat, the wishbone compresses the heart to assist.

 Abandoned doll factory...


Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes.


Yeah, good luck with that working.

Headline...

I once joined a nudist colony. The first week was the hardest.



After socializing and being nice to people all day, it's nice to sit down, drink alone and be an asshole on the internet.




Saturday in the Park with Tod...

I found this visually interesting...

Not telling me something because you 'Didn't want to piss me off' is probably the best way to piss me off.


I've always considered these buildings as nothing more than a huge ugly billboard. I hate them...a blight on the skyline.

Thought these were trees at first...

I think that black comedians overuse the word nigger to rub it in that white people are supposed to be forbidden to say it.


Street art...

Bruises only...


Dodge has figured out the least manly way to shift a truck into drive.

And I don't care if he actually said that...if he didn't, he should have.






5 comments:

Ralph Henry said...

"Earn" could mean getting your ass out of bed to walk to the mailbox to get your check. Surely if there is one thing we've learned is that life requires some effort.
Maybe it's not "like a rule", maybe it is THE rule.
Maybe "rule" is the wrong word. Maybe it's biological requirement.

Ben Basque said...

The kayak word find one is 5 up from the bottom, 4 in from the left.

Ralph Henry said...

Thanks, Ben.

Unknown said...

"I feel that a caged bird probably longs for death, where as a free range has everything to live for."

Why then we are putting them in such misery in the first place?

Ralph Henry said...

Because it's delicious?

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive