About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Thursday, September 25, 2014

THURSDAY #2118





"Are you even listening to me?" is a weird way for my wife to start conversations with me.



Camp Commandant Amon Goeth, infamous from the movie "Schindler's List", on the balcony of his house overlooking Plaszow labor camp, Poland. 1943-44.




Amelia Earhart receives what proved to be her last haircut in 1937.




Astronomers using data from NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope and ground observation have found an unlikely object in an improbable place -- a monster black hole lurking inside one of the tiniest galaxies ever known. The black hole is five times the mass of the one at the center of our Milky Way galaxy. It is inside one of the densest galaxies known to date -- the M60-UCD1 dwarf galaxy that crams 140 million stars within a diameter of about 300 light-years, which is only 1/500th of our galaxy’s diameter.





No matter how lazy you feel, just remember that Goldilocks decided to take a nap during a B&E.


 Clever bastard.

In an alternative universe...
 People spend a lot of money and time to give us these and I feel it's my duty to share them.

I can see this useful in fires and on the battlefield...
But what if his leg was blown off? 

How true. I found it interesting that when a translation of a sentence, say from English to Spanish, is put back into the translator from Spanish to English, you get something completely different.


Is there anything truly as evil as hating someone’s laugh?


 I didn't know that.


I find NFL celebration injuries very funny. In my high school a kicker missed a kick and was so upset that he dropped to his knees and pounded the ground so hard it broke both of his wrists. Then, one would assume, a family member had to wipe his ass. Now that’s stupid.



 The problem was giving the job of mounting the letter to the wrong man.

 The looks on the children's faces reminds me of a painting I did years ago...
This is how disgusted people look when they are told to put on all their winter clothing and set outside for a photo when it's 105 degrees...
That is one of mine that now hangs in one of my wife's clothing store.

No she did NOT just do that....

I admire many female artist. The ones I know have a passion for their work that few men can match...

 After Candy Chang lost someone she loved, she went through a long period of grief and depression. With time she felt gratitude for the time they had together and eventually she found clarity in her life by contemplating death so much. But she struggled to maintain this perspective. It’s easy to get caught up in the day-to-day and forget what really matters to you. She wanted a daily reminder and she wanted to know what was important to the people around her. So after receiving permission, she painted the side of an abandoned house in her neighborhood with chalkboard paint and stenciled it with a grid of the sentence “Before I die I want to _______.” Anyone walking by could pick up a piece of chalk, reflect on their lives, and share their personal aspirations in public space.

And when it filled, she cleaned it...
 And it filled often...
 Then it went international...


What stupid son of a bitch ever thought Rome was built in a day?




Some people are okay, I guess.



A permanent stable cavity caused by the detonation on an underground nuclear test in 1961.




Vladimir Putin and his childhood friends in 1969.  None of them have been seen since!




Children for sale in Chicago, 1948.  Some parents sold their children due to poverty.



 Wow.


Soviet soldiers stand dumfounded at a large pile of human ashes found at the Majdanek concentration camp in 1944.




The rather luxurious seating area of the submarine, The Protector, in 1902.





My wife complained that I never took her anywhere, so I took her for granted.



September 1933 - Adolf Hitler breaks ground on his ambitious plans to link all major German cities with highways.  This ceremony kicked off construction of the Frankfurt-am-Maine - Darmstadt/Mannheim highway.


One Of My Very Own...
 That was awful...let's try another...



And girls don’t have a boner to get up when you’re drunk…and you get served first at the bar…and you get out of traffic tickets…and you get to own a room full of shoes without being institutionalized.





Friend of mine read about an acid that was used by conquored people to destroy their Olympic medals so they wouldn't be taken by the Nazis - Aqua regia: 3 parts HCl and 1 part nitric acid. So he mixed some up and put a couple of drops on a penny. I can only assume that the acid settled to the lowest "valleys" and ate it, leaving the higher relief.
This is the same guy that was showing people at the bar when he was young and had hair. The bartender took his phone, studied the photo and nodding saying, "I would have done you.....I think." I didn't exactly know how to take that.




A waitress at my bar got a black-eye playing female rugby. She liked it since people tip better when you look in pain, she said.



 Two hundred and forty-nine dollars!!!!!



I sometimes look at my children and think, “I made that person”….and it took almost 37 seconds.


 Well, hell, that ought to be easy.

 Jeremiah Jackson, in court yesterday for charges of robbing and killing a woman, wore this t-shirt. The judge wasn't pleased.





No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive