About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Friday, September 14, 2018

FRIDAY #3547

One Of My Very Own
<>
EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com
<>

I bet she's an anti-vaxer.
<>

Any of my science advisors know anything about this?
<>

At least in my neck of the woods, this hurricane is going to be a non-event. Thank goodness.
<>




ART AND art

-SCULPTURES-

Remember these?
I've seen them depicting wounded and maimed troops, also.
=1=

Is this real?
I don't think so.
=2=

Dead at 70, Sculptor Igor Mitora

And my favorite...
Inspiring work.
=3=

-ART OF WORDS-

Why do you think the O in DO is a Q?
=4=

There is something that bugs me frequently. And that is "art" fonts that are unalterable, meaning that individual letters are identical and are repeated in one project.
Did you notice the identical E's? Now go back and note that in the other font above this one, the letters are different. Here's why.
My wife once hired graphic designers to do some work and at first glance I loved it, but then I noticed that the beautifully designed alphabet they used was a simple copy and paste. That made it worthless to me.
So, how do you solve that problem? I suggest that repeating letters be slightly altered, like this:
=5=

Is this art?
If you say it is. Its quality is another horse of a whole nother color.
=6=

One of my favorite young servers stopped by the bar to get his paycheck wearing a T-shirt adorned with a small Confederate flag. I asked what the fuck he was thinking and he said something about pride in his ancestors, blah, blah, blah. I reminded him that his people lost the war and that with defeat your flag dies. He countered with it not being about the Confederacy but rather the sacrifices his people endured. I asked if for the same reason young Germans should be able to wear the swastika and he saw no reason not to. That boy needs some work and I'm just the one to give it to him.
=7=

More language...
Wow!
=8=

-ART AND NUDITY-

=9=

"My eyes are down here."
=10=

This ought to be called the Ponder Room.
=11=


<>
No parenting book can prepare you for the first time your child describes their formless Lego creation in painstaking detail.

<>


SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, INNOVATION

There is a tiny hole in the international space station
And no one can hear you scream.
=12=

A demonstration of the conservation of angular momentum using a Hoberman sphere.
How very, very clever.
=13=

I wonder about this feature of the castle.

I would think there is a very practical reason to do that besides adornment.
Any of you people know anything about that?
=14=

This chef is called a Noodle Spanker...seriously.
=15=

At my bar, they have a "gourmet slice" special every day. There is one guy in charge of inventing these concoctions and he is a gay guy named Mickey - one of my favorite people. He will put ANYTHING on a pizza. The other day he came up with white cheese, pickle slices and Thousand Island dressing, and people LIKED IT!
=16=

This is a very old game.
No, I mean old, old as ancient civilizations played it. I had it set up in all my studios, but because I don't like to do anything just like everybody else, I substituted this for the ring.
I would, of course, adjust it closed.
=17=

Finally found a gif small enough to upload of a male hippo marking his territory with his slapped around shit.
When a new, stronger male takes over his territory by defeating him in battle, the last thing the victor does is chew off the old boy's tail. 
=18=

This is a replica of the world's first locomotive, the Coalbrookdale. The original was built in 1802 and it's fate is unknown.
=19=

Get it?
Dress code?
=20=

Simple idea but it saves many lives. I assume in the ER.
Of course, you can find it in the $2,000 charge for gloves in your bill.
=21=


<>
If there is hot and cold water, then there should be hot and cold hand soap. Otherwise, what are we doing here?

<>


PEOPLE DOING THINGS 
I CAN'T OR WON'T DO

81 Year Old Grandma Doesn't Even Flinch Around Pythons.
Did you notice the guy almost slammed the lid on her hand?
=22=

Let's play a game of "Name This Game."
=23=

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
I'm pretty sure I've shown you this before.
But this time let's watch the guy with the gun move to the side so as not to put the bagger in harm's way. And the bagger doing the same. But also, check out the total unflappable coolness of the customer in green.
=24=

The player doesn't seem to mind.
=25=

"I think I killed him."
"I better drag him off camera."
=26=

Training by demonstration.

I wonder if that works on wives.
I've never seen anything like that before. Imagine what you could accomplish employing fire.
=27=

1988 Olympic Games in Seoul. Only 4' 10" tall, he's one of only 4 men to ever jerk 3x bodyweight. This video shows the most-superhuman lift ever performed. He lifts x3.17 his bodyweight something nobody else has ever done nor will ever do again.
=28=

I know you've all seen this by now.
HOCKING COUNTY, OH Sheriff looking for people seen dumping trash in a wildlife preserve. 
THEY HAVE REDNECKS IN OHIO?!?

Anyway, this is why I love the internet...
=29=


<>
I love it when Trump pauses like he’s searching for the perfect word to articulate his feelings and the word he comes up with is “thing.”

<>


SMILE INDUCERS

Look carefully.
=30=

I think she farted.
=31=

I would love to be on that jury. I would tell him he left out a couple of zeroes. 
=32=

This is fucking hilarious.
=33=

=34=


What if you name them an odd number and then they identify as an even number?
=35=

That just might work.
=36=

Four of my favorite things in the whole world.
=37=

=38=

More proof that moviemaking is fun...
=39=

I know it's dated, but I couldn't help it.
=40=

<>
<>

Famous First Lines
<>

<>

<>

Says they are giving the place a bad name.
<>

<>

<>


<>

<>

She be right here...
<>
<>
CHARDONNAY

2 comments:

Senph42 said...

"Drawing the same letters over and over again but slightly different is vandalism and stupid" (Ralph) "They should draw the same letters a little different each time" (also Ralph) On another note, those features on the castles are a solution to make the top of the wall wider so they can run around and shoot arrows on the invading hordes. And as always, thanks for putting this post together and keeping us entertained!

Ralph Henry said...

Guilty as charged.

How are you guys doing in your neck of the world? Any fear of the Russian bear, etc?

I lost your site address and would really appreciate it if you emailed it to me so I can keep in touch.

Be excellent to each other.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive