About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Thursday, June 30, 2022

THURSDAY #4936

One Of My Very Own

<>

EMAIL: ralh.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

<>

<>

FROM A FATHER OF DAUGHTERS


<>
<>
<>
<>
---
<>
<>
<>
<>
<>
<>
<>
<>

The Republican Dystopian Chorus


******

AND...

******


<>

<>
<>
<>

PONDERABLES


I have hired a bunch of men and women and I would never ever disrespect any of them by asking them to forgo a bathroom break by peeing in a bottle.

^^A1^^

 A "friend" of mine bought a beautiful old house in an upscale neighborhood. The first thing he did was rip out most of the downstair walls and erect beams and columns in their place. He was so proud of his work he had a large party to showcase his handiwork.

I have never seen a more abysmal paint job so I sidled up beside him while pointing up at the crown molding and asked, "Did you paint this yourself?" He said that he had and I said, "Did you use a fucking broom?" And he said, "I was in a hurry". Indeed.

^^A2^^

I don't loan money. I listen to why someone needs the money and if I consider it worthy I give the person what I can afford at the time. One of the only times I have refused to help was a guy who lived paycheck to paycheck and he wanted to borrow $6K for an operation on his old dog. I love dogs as much as anyone, but I felt that a little excessive.

^^A3^^


Speaking of pets...

What kind of a sadist would allow such a thing?

^^A4^^

^^A5^^

^^A6^^

*You might want to write that shit down.

^^A7^^

Capitalism Run Amok.

^^A8^^

"That it is better 100 guilty Persons should escape than that one innocent Person should suffer."

Does anybody know who said that?

.

.

.

.

.

.

Benjamin Franklin...or so I'm told.

^^A9^^

The Big Lie is a classic tactic of the tyrant. It is right out of the instruction manual and it still works.

^^A10^^

USA: school kids practice the use of bulletproof blankets

And there are Americans who think this is acceptable in a sanely functioning society.

^^A11^^

<>

It's very odd that no pizza shop on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ever questioned the delivery address being "The Sewer".

<>
<>

Don't date people who make you feel like you have to hide your stuffed animals.

<>

THURSDAY SILLINESS


I call that sloppy scriptwriting and it's rampant in the industry.

^^B1^^

I actually don't think that is any more absurd than having your body filled with chemicals to prevent decay and then encased in a very expensive sarcophagus that will occupy a small plot of land forever.

^^B2^^

^^B3^^

^^B4^^

^^B5^^

Speaking of gym silliness...

^^B6^^

^^B7^^

*MNBT

^^B8^^

^^B9^^

That better come in a Depends combo pack.

^^B10^^

FATHERHOOD

Let Dad show you how to do it...

The angriest my daughter ever got at me was when she realized the one time I let her win a game.

---

---

I once told another father that having his child run out to greet me when I got home was the greatest feeling in the world. He told me that neither of his children ever did that...not once. I found that profoundly sad.

---

I am an avid believer that children need opportunities to be devious.

^^B 12-15^^

<>

Why can't dyslexic people tell jokes? They always punch up the fuck line.

<>
<>

The saddest thing I've ever seen in a movie was when ET died. I was so overwhelmed I had to leave the theater.

<>

STRIKING VISUALS


Every day does something that scares you...

^^C1^^

When life gives you lemons...

...take antibiotics.

^^C2^^

High school graduation photo in Ukraine.

That will probably make it into every Ukrainian history book.

Life imitating art...

^^C3^^

^^C4^^

My brother has a combover more laughable than that.

^^C5^^

Watch closely.

The payoff for all that work...

^^C6^^

There is a belief that all our modern woes began with that tragic event.

^^C7^^

'The Autonomous Region of Bougainville'

I'm fascinated by that. I post it again to show you one of the structures in its infancy.

^^C8^^

Sit On My Face Garden

Etretat Gardens, Normandy

^^C9^^

That one job was to make a memorial to Mother Teresa NOT look like a vagina.

^^C10^^

The film showed that the dye was applied very thickly but the still pics don't show that. Do they wash the dye off after it tints the skin?

^^C11^^

Drawing a stranger on the train

I can't do that.

^^C12^^

The negative space works very well.

^^C13^^

<>

One day a guy was like "This is blue raspberry flavor" and we said "Raspberries aren't blue" and he said "Well, this is what they would taste like if they were" and we all just said, "Oh, okay."

<>

*That joke is at least 50 years old.

<>

You can't spell disconnected from society without disco.

<>

GADGETS AND GIZMOS


Santa Teresa di Gallura, Sardinia, Italy

^^D1^^

^^D2^^

If boatbuilders used 100% of their brains then this would be the standard design.
^^D3^^

^^D4^^

And you don't even know his name.

Robert Alexander Briggs 

^^D5^^

Indeed.

^^D6^^

Who would think that a good idea?

^^D7^^

This guy has met his hero...

^^D8^^

Bread delivery kid in Tunisia. 

In case you thought NY delivery cyclists were crazy.

^^D10^^


<>


<>


<>


<>


*Venus de Willendorf

<>


<>


<>






4 comments:

ponder said...

Do they wash the dye off after it tints the skin?
^^C11^^

Yes, after 4-5hrs



MIKE HARRIS said...

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born".
Ronald Reagan

Anonymous said...

A8: Fake news.
4Q = 11.46B 1Q = 7.12B
You need a MNBT

gunker2 said...

The Vagina sign is exactly what the effect of the supreme court ruling will be. People are going to have to politically agitate for their views, get people elected, and get their view made into law, rather than relying on a very dodgy interpretation of the constitution. This is going to rely on hard work and compromise (trying to build bridges), but I fear, if you are a typical leftist, this will not happen. You constantly straw man your opponents, instead of trying to understand them and then from that understanding, build a common ground. And no, the supreme court isn't "coming for" things. They consider cases brought to see what the constitutional impacts will be.

And an aside, Kavanaugh's accuser was anything but credible.

A8
No, Shell did not record their highest quarterly profit ever. But again to my point. What is the "allowed" profit they should make ? Why would companies produce more oil or gas if the state is going to take a higher amount (and piss it against the wall)

A9
This is known as Blackstone's ratio (it is better for 10 guilty persons escape, than one innocent suffer). First recorded by William Blackstone


A10
Pot kettle, how many times have things been pointed out to you that you have ignored ?

A11
I doubt there are very few people who think this acceptable. There are many people who have differing views on how to solve it


C11
The henna dyes the skin and is then washed off. The colouring lasts for a week or two, but fades over times

Puzzle time
160
(top left number ^ 2) * top right number = bottom number.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive