About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Thursday, August 18, 2022

THURSDAY #4985

One Of My Very Own

<>

EMAIL: ralh.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

<>

<>

PONDERABLES


I do not have all the answers. I often ponder the items in my Ponderables sections. The next item illustrates the point perfectly.

I don't know if that would work or not but I think I should ponder it...as I think you should also.

^^A1^^

*Verification Requested

^^A2^^

^^A3^^

That doesn't seem any more weird than what the mainstream religions do.

^^A4^^

^^A5^^

*Verification Requested

^^A6^^

^^A7^^

^^A8^^

What an extraordinarily bizarre relationship he must have with his parishioners. 

^^A9^^

*I put the hat on the guy myself!

^^A10^^

^^A11^^

^^A12^^

^^A13^^

<>

If a bag is not resealable it contains one serving.

<>
<>

Why is it called ghosting? Ghosts stick around. That's their whole deal. Somebody fix that.

<>

PEOPLE


*Verification Requested

^^B1^^

I would do nothing to interfere with my child's bonding with me.

^^B2^^

I've trusted many a crew member on a mural site with shit like that.

And many a friend has trusted me to get their drunk ass home.

^^B3^^

I would like very much to start a website for people who give away art and such.

Not so many muralists because most of them get paid.

I'm more interested in attracting individuals who give their work away just to enhance the environment. This next guy gets it in a big way.

^^B4^^

Living dangerously has its allure.

I received a wonderful comment from a mountain climber who explained beautifully how it makes him feel alive. I do not doubt him in the least. I, however, found that exact same "aliveness" in sexual affairs which also requires constant vigilance to avoid dire consequences.

Finding interesting locales is also a big plus.

^^B5^^

I am of mixed emotions when it comes to guns. I love my guns but at the same time, I believe something has to be done to curtail the carnage that only we Americans face.

^^B6^^

^^B7^^

I’ve never seen someone sign sassy before.

I think that was a modified bullshit sign she made right before she grabs her hair.

^^B8^^

<>

Have you ever had an iced coffee so strong that for like 4 minutes you had hoped?

<>
<>

Take care of yourself because if you died today your job would be posted online before your obituary.

<>

PLACES


And you and I complain about the cost of gasoline to power our automobiles.

^^C1^^

A while back I posted numerous examples of odd places pigeons laid their eggs. Here's yet another one.

^^C2^^

Yeah, going vertical is great if you happen to live in a place with 30' ceilings.

^^C3^^

Want to guess where this is?

---
---

It's the moon...or so I'm told.

^^C4^^

They probably only had to feed it once to get a friend for life.

^^C5^^

The Yanomami, also spelled YÄ…nomamö or Yanomama, are a group of approximately 35,000 indigenous people who live in some 200–250 villages in the Amazon rainforest on the border between Venezuela and Brazil.

^^C6^^

What an extraordinary find.

^^C7^^

I'm not sure I understand the physics involved.

^^C8^^

Extreme Delivery

WATCH THIS!

Probably an old building with a tiny elevator.

^^C9^^

<>

Your eyes water when you yawn because you miss your bed and it makes you sad.

<>
<>

"Do not let a woman who decorates her buttocks deceive you, by wily coaxing, for she is after your granary."

- Hesiod (700 BC)

<>

THINGS


It's mind-boggling to think of the engineering involved in that.

---

I wonder if having the cab forward of the front wheels makes it more likely the driver survives running over a mine.

I'm thinking yes.

---

Ukraine?

^^C1^^

I talked to a guy who owned a string of those machines. I forgot the exact numbers but he could buy the machine for several thousand dollars and it came with a service contract. The profits from the ice paid for the machine in a couple of years then all he had to do was stock it with bags and clean out the coin collector.

^^C2^^

I think the Swiss Army knife is grossly overrated.

^^C3^^

And they are real!

^^C4^^

I can only assume those things are purely decorative.

Or maybe to hold water...decoratively.

^^C5^^

????

^^C6^^

A guy returned to the pet shop where he bought his parakeet and complained that it stopped eating. The owner told him that he must have forgotten to provide the abrasive block the bird needed to trim its beak and it had grown too long to be functional. But not to worry, all he had to do was very delicately file it down a bit. The next day the man returned to buy another bird. The owner said, "I bet you filed off too much and the bird drowned when trying to drink." The man said, "No, the bird was dead when I took its head out of the vise."

*That joke is at least 70 years old.

^^C7^^

What are the chances?

Very expensive accident.

^^C8^^

Photography

---

Do you non-artists have any idea how difficult it is to take a photograph that has never been taken before?

^^C9^^

My haul from another trash picking in my neighborhood.

 The same guy ripped out another wall and discarded the lath. 
Another guy threw out a beveled mirror.

I got the homemade cart just for the $30 worth of casters.

And then there was this beautiful solid wood table that weighs in at about 200 pounds.

It was discarded because it had some rings in the wood - the kind left when a wet beverage is left too long.

It is VERY well made and has beautiful brass hinges.

This may mean something to you but I build my own tables so I'm not familiar with furniture companies.

I'm torn over whether to use the wood for a project or ask around to see if somebody really needs a good table. I'll keep you informed.

^^C10^^


<>


<>


<>


<>


<>


<>


<>






 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

^^A1^^
Just have compulsory retirement at age 60/65 for any judge, politician etc. Also can't run for office at say age 63 as that would bring you into retirement age.


^^A11^^
And nothing happened to her either, they're all politicians.


^^C10^^
Don't destroy the table, rather find a good home for it. See if you can find a makers mark on it to try an identify it's age. Some of their stuff sells for thousands of dollars.
https://www.stickley.com/pages/about-us
https://homeguides.sfgate.com/identify-stickley-brothers-furniture-95607.html

Larry said...

C-10 that table has some value to someone .....

JNR said...

C-9
The elevator dilemma.

I wasn't on site to see this but was told how it was done.
A bank needed a very big, very heavy piece of equipment on the third floor of their building.
It wouldn't fit in the elevator so they brought in the elevator service company to operate the car and the piece of equipment was strapped underneath the car and raised to the floor.
I really would have liked to have seen that operation.

MacGyver said...

Puzzle Time:
Visual references to surrealist paintings by Dali and Magritte.

The Surreal Housewives of...

(a play on the Real Housewives of Whichever City They're Doing This Month, I Don't Really Give a Fuck)

Ralph Henry said...

Dear MacGyver, Bravo!
RH

Anonymous said...

A12: "Grab 'em by the pussy"?

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive