About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Saturday, May 27, 2023

SATURDAY #5267

 One Of My Very Own
---
<>

GET LEARNT


Dezeen introduces us to the Fog-X, a recent invention of Swedish engineer Pavels Hedström.

Think of this invention as an early still-suit design focused on the needs of people in cold, arid environments. The jacket breaks down into an emergency tent and a vapor collection panel that extracts drinking water from fog. It pairs with an app designed to help users locate foggy areas while in the wilderness--assuming that you can get a signal. He successfully tested Fog-X in the Atacama Desert of Chile, which is one of the driest places in the world.

^^A1^^

^^A2^^

^^A3^^

^^A4^^

"If evolution is true?"

Sadly, they teach that nonsense every Sunday.

^^A5^^

I was once told that your mind keeps thinking about the last thing you were thing about when you go to sleep. I tend to believe it. I know that when I was writing I often awakened with solutions to plot problems and now I solve design snags with my boxes.

^^A6^^
<>

The last place I'd expect to find a hair in my food is a Brazilian steakhouse.

<>
<>

Do you think coming out as gay is hard? Try telling people you like canned hot tamales and see how much acceptance you get.

<>

FOR AMUSEMENT ONLY


I liked that movie.

^^B1^^

^^B2^^

^^B2^^

This is on a brothel wall in Pompeii. No word on her specialty.

^^B4^^

*Viewer Contribution

I'm the guy with "ALL BURNED UP" on the ashes box I made.

^^B5^^

*That reminds me of the genie screwing up the wishes.

^^B6^^

^^B7^^

And...

^^B8^^

Mic

^^B9^^

Painting

^^B10^^
<>

What happened to those people with gauged ears? Seriously, where did they go?

<>
<>

To clarify: Teachers are not "off for the summer", they are "in recovery".

<>

PLACES OF INTEREST


Hiroshima? Hurricane? Earthquake?

What the Russians did to one town.

^^C1^^

^^C2^^

????

^^C3^^

^^C4^^

^^C5^^

^^C6^^

I really like balconies.

^^C7^^

I don't see any safety ropes.

^^C8^^
<>

If all the bathrooms in your house are occupied and you are needing one, just switch off the Wi-Fi.

<>
<>

I think Ellen the generous has a low self of steam.

<>

HUMANS OF NOTE


^^D1^^

Maybe - just maybe - this is just the beginning.

^^D2^^

The goalie was playing where she was sure to be totally useless.

^^D3^^

The setting for one of my books was North Dakota and in my research, I learned that they have imported llamas for pack animals. I also learned that you never turn your back on one.

^^D4^^

Not me. When I parked to pick up my kids after school, if I had more than 5 minutes I would take a nap. When they opened the door I simply opened my eyes and greeted them.

^^D5^^

Looks like The Road Runner.

^^D6^^

And he was recorded bragging about it.

^^D7^^

Do you think his apron on the handle caused it?

^^D8^^

To live and work in such a densely populated area there has to be some strictly adhered to social norms or they would soon start killing one another.

^^D9^^

Helicopter

I talked to an Army helicopter pilot after Gulf War II and he told me that he had killed 40 combatants with one missile. They had been crossing a river on a large barge and he got them all.

^^D10^^

Video of Russian soldier surrendering to drone in Ukraine

^^D11^^

Car attempts a U-turn on an impossibly narrow road.

SOURCE

Why he didn't just back down was never explained.

^^D12^^
<>

I would take a pretty stupid robot to replace me.

<>

<>

I used to sneak out of my house to go to parties, but now I do the opposite.

<>

MOVIE DEATHS


A site asked what its reader's favorite death scene was and here are the top contenders:

^^E1^^

^^E2^^

^^E3^^

^^E4^^

^^E5^^

^^E6^^

^^E7^^

Con Air where Cyrus ‘The Virus’ Grissom, played by John Malkovich, gets thrown from a firetruck, through a window and then through some power lines, falling on a conveyor belt that leads to this hydraulic rock crushing hammer of some sort, where he unfortunately happens to land directly under getting his face smashed.

^^E8^^

But here is my favorite...

^^E9^^


<>


<>


<>


<>


<>


<>


<>



_ _ _ _   _ _ _ _ _






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Puzzle: Mike Bison (Tyson)

Anonymous said...

^^D2^^
Did you read the article, he's not implicated in the sexual abuse stuff, they're seeking information about a bank.

Anonymous said...

^^D8^^
Look carefully, the handle broke. You can see it just before he puts the pan down at the end.

Anonymous said...

^^D9^^
They're not Americans.

Burgervan said...

PUZZLE TIME: BUFALLO THE RAPIST. Hahahaha

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive