About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

TUESDAY #5263

 One Of My Very Own

---

<>

EMAIL: 

ralh.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

<>

<>

GET LEARNT


There was a little ice age between 1600 and 1814. The river Thames in London used to completely freeze over for 2 months per year allowing “Frost Fairs” to take place with football pitches, bowling matches, fruit-sellers, shoemakers, barbers, and even a pub or two.

---

As I recall, that was caused by a disruption of the Gulf Stream by the influx of freshwater from melting glaciers - which is exactly what is happening now.

^^A1^^

That's amazing!

^^A2^^

All indications are that most young people are very upset over the way the Republicans do things. Young people today don't give a fuck if a person is black, gay, trans, etc, which puts them at odds with the conservative agenda. And now for the first time, there are indications that they have decided to vote.

^^A3^^

Fucking brilliant. Think about the advantages of speedy delivery or getting a camera over an enemy's position quickly.

*Or is it in fact faster?

^^A4^^

^^A5^^

I have used very long extension handles for paint rollers and the problem comes when you have to dip it in paint again. It sometimes seems faster just to erect ladders.

^^A6^^

^^A7^^

^^A8^^

I'm assuming those are for storing water.

^^A9^^

Guess what they do to them - and it's not eating them.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

They lick them to get high.

^^A10^^

---

That made me think about why I changed my mind on student loan forgiveness. I talked to several students who were upset that apartment rent was so very high in this college town and they blamed it on students who borrowed MUCH MORE money than the cost of their education which afforded them the ability to rent luxury apartments - that sprang up around campus as soon as the student loan payments started being doled out. I AM NOT saying all students lived high on the hog but I am saying that enough of them did to raise the cost of rent for everyone. And the higher the rent went, the more many students would borrow.

---

Additionally, I've said many times that if funds are scarce there is no reason to be a full-time student. Spread it out over 6 or even 8 years with just a couple of courses a semester while you work.

^^A11^^
<>

Me: Can we eat at home?

Wife: There's food at Bo Jangles.

<>
<>

There's something about a Fresh Haircut that makes me feel like I could impregnate the whole world.

<>

PEOPLE WHO SEEM TO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING


I was once married to a concert pianist. She taught me that it took years to learn that the arm muscles are only used to move the hands left and right - not up and down. The up-and-down motion is controlled solely by the fingers.

Sometimes she would play naked and it was an experience not soon forgotten.

^^B1^^

^^B2^^

^^B3^^

They have hours-long meetings after every demonstration to discuss what they did right and what they did wrong. Every tiny detail is discussed.

^^B4^^

That tells me she didn't want to play soccer in the first place.

^^B5^^

^^B6^^

This was titled: Fluffer.

Does anyone know why flowers need fluttering?

^^B7^^

What did people do back before the computer and TV and stuff?

^^B8^^

Banana Harvesting

♫ Daylight come and I want to go home.

^^B10^^
<>

The ZIP in "zip code" stands for 

Zone Improvement Plan.

<>
<>

Roses are red

My life's a mess

But hey at least I don't do meth.

<>

THE MILDLY RISIBLE


I did shit like that to my daughters all the time.

^^C1^^

That is no less humorous than you telepathically asking the creator of the universe to help you get that raise at work or heal your aunt's cancer.

^^C2^^

Talk about your rigged systems.

^^C3^^

After Trump's CNN Town Hall Meeting, it's evident why his lawyers wouldn't let him take the stand in his sexual assault lawsuit that he lost anyway.

^^C4^^

^^C5^^

^^C6^^

^^C7^^

^^C8^^

A teenage boy will consider that an instruction.

^^C9^^

^^C10^^

^^C11^^

Ali

^^C12^^

Shelley

^^C12^^
<>

I can't decide if I should close my eyes or leave them open when the dentist is working on my teeth. Both feel dramatic.

<>

*Reno

<>

I'm really disappointed every time someone has a gender reveal party and it's a gender I already know about. What kind of reveal is that?

<>

NICE VISUALS


^^D1^^

^^D2^^

A drunken man in top hat and tails clings to a lamp-post  London, 1934.

^^D3^^

Who knew?

^^D4^^

It's a whole ecosystem inside an old shell.

^^D5^^

^^D6^^

The high jump at the Olympics games in London, 1908.

Hell, I jump higher than that getting into bed at night.

---

Look what my friend did to it...

*Viewer Contribution

^^D7^^

For the roof to be turned into a lake that roof must be doing a hell of a job keeping the water out of the building.

^^D8^^

Ever seen a tornado on top of a mountain?

Me either.

^^D9^^

Dog Rescue

^^D10^^

Ultra-clear Glacier Water

^^D11^^

Make sure you don't miss the drama in the background.

What are the chances?!

^^D12^^

Happy

After watching that video, I talked to my wife about it and concluded that I am most happy knowing my grandson is healthy and undeniably brilliant.

^^D13^^
<>

For legal reasons, everything I post is a joke.

<>
<>

Do you ever stare at yourself in a full-length mirror and visualize the person you have always wanted to be?

Me either.

<>

AND AWRY WE GO

Most are cautionary tales


Fire

The engine of a small truck transporting a dozen medical oxygen bottles caught fire for an unknown reason. The driver was able to escape.

---

But don't be a gawker like this idiot.

^^E1^^

^^E2^^

My brother does his hair like this.

They must think it makes them look more attractive. Go figure.

It tells me that they are some insecure sombitches.

^^E3^^

*I just noticed that he did not, in fact, fall completely off the deck. Had I noticed it early it was not dire enough to make the cut.

^^E4^^

^^E5^^

^^E6^^

Like a turtle on its back.

^^E7^^

Guatemala Coastline

We don't deserve this fucking planet.

^^E8^^

Sorry, I lost the source, but do you think the three words "anal rail gun" may have ever been used in that order before?

^^E10^^


<>


<>


And he screamed like a snake bit little girl.

<>


*Viewer Contribution

<>



LOGIC NEED NOT APPLY.

<>


<>


<>


First, two easy ones...

And then there's this...






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Puzzles
1: “Spring is in the air”
2: ???
3: Machu Pikachu

Anonymous said...

https://theconversation.com/gravitational-wave-detector-ligo-is-back-online-after-3-years-of-upgrades-how-the-worlds-most-sensitive-yardstick-reveals-secrets-of-the-universe-204339

Ralph Henry said...

Dear Puzzle Anon,
#2 - Her water broke.
RH

Anonymous said...

A-11
When my girls were in high school and talking about college I told them that there was no shame in taking 6 years to get a 4 year degree if the degree was paid for at graduation.

Anonymous said...

https://www.space.com/tonga-undersea-volcano-eruption-disrupted-satellite-signals

Anonymous said...

^^A11^^
Back in the early 90s my yearly Elec eng course fees were about US$4000, to that you had to add books, I lived with my grandmother rent free. My parents paid for all of it fortunately, it was still a lot of money though. I worked some afternoons and most Saturdays for a computer shop doing maintenance/repairs for a bit of extra cash.

Inchworm said...

E10 WTF is an "estimated" Valley attorney???

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive