About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

SUNDAY TRUE ANTI-SERMON



Before we start, take a look at this marvel...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/15/robot-swarm-animal-behavior-video_n_5681445.html?utm_hp_ref=science


***********


Now there is controversy in Iran because the president tweeted his congrats of the actress, Leila Hatami, and included her photo without her headscarf on.


***********

I may or may not come back and add some commentary to this, but for now an olio of religious stuff I've come across...some silly, some not so silly...





















 So you think you know your bible?

?????
I'll save the holy shit out of you.


My bet is that he was drunk....I mean who does something like this????



A few from my new best website...











I wrote a book about this one time and did much research, and this is EXACTLY what they believe...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.gotquestions.org/Deuteronomy-22-28-29-marry-rapist.html

The above link is from a Christian website that explains bible passages. They put all of this in the context that the unmarried woman who was violated would not be able to marry in that culture, so forcing the rapist to marry her would actually do her a favor.

My question is, why didn't god just declare another rule that would make sure raped women were taken care of or respected?

Bruce

Anonymous said...

Which brings me to another point.

A lot of Christians explain things away by saying "that was just the culture at the time". Like multiple wives, slaves, and mistresses. Why didn't god just make laws against this? Like the rules for which meats one could or couldn't eat? Why not just say, thou shalt not have slaves, and all should be free?

Why?...because god didn't make those rules in the first place. The men in power did, plain and simple. And they knew if they made laws against slaves, etc., there's no way they could stay in power.

Bruce

Ralph Henry said...

Bravo.
The Book of Mormon, Scientology, etc, etc...all made up by men just like all the rest. Those examples are only allowed to be ridiculed because they are new, as if new nullifies anything. Most people would rather believe something made up by people who sacrificed goats for god's sake (pun intended).

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive